U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2008, 10:19 AM

4,830 posts, read 6,424,196 times

Advertisements

The median home price for my previous zip code in Irvine, CA has dropped $158,000 since we sold and moved out of CA in November 2007. The sales are down 54%. It is unbelievable what has happened to housing in CA.

This is not just a blip, it is a crash. Be real careful about buying in SoCal right now, you can still be upside down real quick if you don't watch out. This is the worst housing crash that I have ever seen and I lived 50+ years in SoCal. It will recover eventually but it will take many, many years after it finally hits bottom and there is no telling where that bottom is.

We were very fortunate to move to TX when we did! I would like to say we were just so smart but....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 02:08 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,050,870 times
Yep...we were very lucky to sell our house in Northern CA when we did. A house a few down from us, the same exact model with a little less property is selling for 100K less than what we originally bought our house for. So if we wouldn't have bought it when we did...we would still be in Sacramento.

Really really tough market unless you know you are going to move back there and stay for a really long time.

Old 03-07-2008, 02:14 PM

4,830 posts, read 6,424,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guingirl View Post
Yep...we were very lucky to sell our house in Northern CA when we did. A house a few down from us, the same exact model with a little less property is selling for 100K less than what we originally bought our house for. So if we wouldn't have bought it when we did...we would still be in Sacramento.

Really really tough market unless you know you are going to move back there and stay for a really long time.
Our Realtor in CA is a close friend and said the bottom has just fallen out of the market. She is amazed at how lucky we were to get out and get a good price for our home. Believe it or not I kind of feel for the young couple that bought our house. They are completely upside down now. Luckily their father is helping them out and I am sure they will be fine. They planned on raising their family and being there for a long time. They will eventually recoup and be on the plus side once again.

It is a market I would not dare touch right now!

Old 03-08-2008, 12:34 PM

1,078 posts, read 3,589,618 times
Yeah, we were lucky to get out without a foreclosure. We lost over a lot on our house...it went from being appraised at over 425,000 in 2006 to selling for 235,000 December 2007...sick!!
I have No desire to go back there, there are reasons for the crash!
MBG

Old 03-08-2008, 04:41 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,050,870 times
Ouch!!!! So sorry MBG

Old 03-08-2008, 05:41 PM

1,078 posts, read 3,589,618 times
Well, it is done and I just thank God we did not have to foreclose! We owned that house almost 10 years and made nothing on it.
But we are here now and could not be more pleased.
Thank you for the condolences though
MBG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth