Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 10:21 PM

641 posts, read 802,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProtege View Post
South Grand Prairie(Mira Lagos area): Mansfield schools in that area are pretty good.
Mansfield: Either Mansfield or Lake Ridge high school districts.
Arlington: Avoid the SW and West side.
Midlothian: The cement plants are mostly on the west side. Other then the plants it's a good choice.
Venus: Avoid it.
Cedar Hill: Lake Ridge area is nice. Recommend private schooling.
I moved to this area from Keller and absolutely love it. More home for the money. More Diversity. Better traffic (but still bottleneck). My commute was to downtown fw from Keller. Commute times are the same but Mansfield is less of a headache bc there are more days with little traffic compared to north side. Your commute time will be a breeze going from Lakeridge HS area to GP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2017, 09:26 AM

33 posts, read 35,705 times
I spent this past weekend driving in neighborhoods near 287/Turner Warnell in Mansfield. We really liked the area. Some new housing and nice older homes. Well maintained areas, a number of shops and restaurants as well, but seemed lot less busy over all. The commute to Grand Prairie (not of I-30) may not be too bad.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:00 PM

641 posts, read 802,296 times
It's def not as busy (Arlington is busier though). And even during traffic, there's plenty of alternate routes.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:37 PM

73 posts, read 271,736 times
Leave earlier or later to work. Traffic sucks all over DFW because some 3-400 people move here every day. Try to get creative with your approach - moving is risky - I go from Keller to Dallas 28 miles/35 min, but EARLY. No place is traffic free, and if it is, there is a reason...

Old 08-18-2017, 09:12 PM

71 posts, read 115,859 times
Default what about living prices in these towns?

I am looking to relocate to this area. We are retired seniors so we don't need schools, big social life (like close to down town!). I want to be on the outskirts of town. No HOA.
I'd love to hear what you all have to say about the area... like..

whats the weather like?
what are property taxes?
what is the price of houses (3-4 bedroom edge of town)
what are grocery prices
what are utility prices
What is car insurance for perfect driving record
what is home owners insurance ..generally speaking

Thanks for any info you care to share.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:21 AM

1,847 posts, read 833,583 times
The west / south side of Mansfield, most of Rendon, southern section of Midlothian, southern section of Burleson, most of Joshua. As you head further south toward Venus, Alvarado, Glen Rose, Cleburn the price of land drops. For $225,000 you should be able to find a normal house on at least an acre of land (non-HOA) in the furher south cities. For $125,000 a mobile home with 1/2 - 1 acre of land is possible. Once you start to get into the first list of cities $140,000 will buy you a cheap home on the outskirts, but you'll have a hard time finding anything over 1/4 of an acre or the property will need some work. Expect to pay about $185,000 for a normal smaller home.

I'm guessing the home below would be a good fit. unfortunately the market for this type of property is hot.
201 Redbird Ct, Cleburne, TX 76058 - realtor.com®

Here are the property taxes.
https://taxonline.tarrantcounty.com/...Exemptions.asp
Burleson and Mansfield school districts take up a big chunk of the first list. Burleson pays a little more then Mansfield on school taxes.

I would also look into the Benbrook and Aledo area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth