U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2017, 02:05 PM

5 posts, read 3,714 times

Advertisements

Need some info/ advice... looking at Burelson / Benbrook areas.. as per my last post, my family will be attending college at Southwewstern and Texas Weslyan. Seems like the best commute, just looking for a good neighborhood. Decided to board the horses for right now, so a trac home will work for us.

I was in town about 1 month ago looking at property and drove from different areas to the schools to look at commute times. South FW seemed to be the best commute with the least traffic.

Are there better part of Burelson? Looking at 250-300K right now. Once the kids graduate and head off, I will look at property that I can have horses at and will have a better idea what the area is like.

Edit: Also looked at some areas of Chisolm Trail...any good?

BTW.. 35 from the north is a nightmare, especially of you are trying to Tom-Tom it!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2017, 04:59 PM

192 posts, read 153,357 times
Benbrook would be the better bet with regard to proximity to the Southwestern seminary, and both Burleson and Benbrook would work for commuting to Texas Wesleyan. Getting to Wesleyan would be as simple as driving up 35W and going east on Rosedale from Burleson, provided that the traffic cooperates; the same can be said for Southwestern and exiting at Seminary. That said, traffic on 35W heading south towards Burleson can be pretty bad, especially during rush hour going southbound at Altamesa.

I'm not sure what your son is studying at Texas Wesleyan, but if he is studying education, I believe Wesleyan also offers a few upper-division courses for education in Burleson as well.

Looking at your previous post, you mentioned having proximity to fishing spots, which would favor Benbrook given the presence of Benbrook Lake. Considering that school districts are not a factor here, you might also get a better deal in Benbrook considering that Fort Worth ISD does not have the best reputation (though Benbrook's FWISD elementary schools are among the better ones in the district outside Tanglewood). You might also look at the new homes in the Ventana and Skyline Ranch developments (part of the city of Fort Worth but adjacent to Benbrook).

Old 12-10-2017, 03:38 AM

5 posts, read 3,714 times
Just an update.. Moved into the apartments right of Renfro and 35W. Traffic is a nightmare on 35W going north. Just going up to Seminary Dr is a throwback to LA traffic!

So... we pulled the plug and bought a house in Aledo. So far, what a great place to live! Quiet (except during the week when a stray F-16 flys over) and great neighbors. My children go to college, so I have no need for Aledo ISD except resale of the house if I decide to sell down the road. Bought a new house and it seems to be a typical tract home. I agree with most of the others, property taxes are high, but registration for my vehicles are dirt cheap. Auto insurance is higher, but gas is cheaper. Not sure if it will be a push as far as yearly expenses, but so far it is affordable.

And I 20 is a WAY BETTER drive that 35W!!!

Old 12-12-2017, 06:14 PM

637 posts, read 897,088 times
Give it time. They're building enough houses between Aledo and the west side right now that you'll be able to walk across roof tops into town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth