U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2017, 08:25 AM

1 posts, read 771 times

Advertisements

I currently rent in Eagle Mountain Saginaw school district my daughter is 3 and starts PPCD in the fall there, we are looking to buy a house and would like thoughts and recommendations on which ISD has the best special education program, Eagle Mountain Saginaw, Keller or Birdville? I want to make sure they are inclusive, I have a good impression of Eagle Mountain Saginaw so far but what to make sure we buy in the I.S.D. best for our daughter.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2017, 09:12 AM

32,591 posts, read 51,171,562 times
Special needs children vary greatly with the reasons they require extra help
Some districts are better for some specific disabilities than others
Some districts vary by schools because the counseling staff and admin staff have lot to do with how the interaction goes...
Some special needs parents do not always agree about the +/- aspects of a particular district or school...

If you belong to any groups for special needs children/parents you might ask them what their experiences have been--
The Good School site is not one I would recommend for accurate feedback...

Old 07-30-2017, 11:18 AM

138 posts, read 85,180 times
Very subjective question, loves2read has a good starting list

Old 07-30-2017, 05:51 PM

212 posts, read 256,726 times
I don't know anyone in those districts so I can't give you any referrals but I have heard good things about Timber Creek in Keller. I know you're far away from the high school years though. I would suggest calling each of the districts and finding out which school her program would be at (if she's been assessed). They may not be able to give much information yet however, as she's so young. Out of the three you've mentioned I'm assuming Keller is the largest and usually larger equals more resources.

Sorry, your best bet may be to go through PPCD as your are planning, see how you feel, and look into making things more permanent in the spring.

Old 07-30-2017, 05:54 PM

413 posts, read 228,730 times
I think using L.S.D. is a bad idea for special education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth