U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 01:54 PM

32,508 posts, read 50,991,014 times

Advertisements

No--this is an infill property--sits behind the Kroger strip center that does face 26...
There is no direct access to 26--
Which to me makes it seem an inferior location--
The two close hotels in Hurst sit on a divided city street--facing the rear of the Hurst Police station and have an easier exit to Precinct Line or on another city street to the frontage of 183...
This hotel will sit on site that has more narrow street (just 1/1) and farther from 26 access...
The streets in that area were NOT designed to have a hotel sitting behind a strip mall
And there is no way to enlarge the streets now because of the retail already in place...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2017, 04:08 PM

638 posts, read 898,438 times
A hotel of that size and type is not going to generate that much traffic.

I was wrong on Homewood not being extended stay. I really didn't think that a traditional extended stay hotel would offer single night stays.

At the rates that Hilton properties of this type typically run, a month will clock at well above $2000. That should be enough to keep out the sex predators and poor people you seem so worried about. Of course, it's not like those people need extended stay motels to gain access to neighborhoods in the first place.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:20 PM

6,781 posts, read 5,634,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
No--this is an infill property--sits behind the Kroger strip center that does face 26...
The two close hotels in Hurst sit on a divided city street--facing the rear of the Hurst Police station and have an easier exit to Precinct Line or on another city street to the frontage of 183...
This hotel will sit on site that has more narrow street (just 1/1) and farther from 26 access...
The streets in that area were NOT designed to have a hotel sitting behind a strip mall
And there is no way to enlarge the streets now because of the retail already in place...
I've stayed at the Hawthorne Suites in North Dallas (when I've had a tenant at my DFW condo and am in town) and its quite similar to Homewood. Its also in a bit of an odd location highway/major streetwise. It sits a bit off Alpha Rd behind a retail strip. Actually, I really like the location and it feels a bit more residential because its not directly on the major street. The people who stay there are not low lifes, and most are just in Dallas for a few days or weeks before they leave or move into houses they are waiting for. Lots of transplants just waiting for moving trucks to arrive or closing dates on houses in N.Dallas or N.Dal Burbs. With the explosion in people moving to the area, these kinds of suite-motels really are practical.

Last edited by WorldKlas; 09-30-2017 at 04:29 PM..

Old 09-30-2017, 08:32 PM

410 posts, read 608,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post

Hmmm....that seems like a really strange place for an extended stay motel and is surprising considering the entry level price point for homes in that neighborhood. I'm not at all against motels, but they have a place, and that place is on busy streets like Rufe Snow, Davis Blvd., Bedford-Euless, etc. Where it's not appropriate is buried in quiet, master-planned higher-than-average income neighborhoods.

For anyone defending this development, it's fairly obvious you're not familiar with the area because it will stick out like the sorest of all thumbs.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:16 PM

I live 5 minutes away and I'm very familiar with the area. It's a mixed use development, not a master planned housing community. I haven't heard an argument against it yet that makes any sense.

Old 10-01-2017, 05:06 PM

410 posts, read 608,140 times
I live 5 minutes away, too. Call it what you want, but nearly all of the commercial development faces the busy thoroughfares on the outside of the neighborhood. All that is on the inside is a school, a rec center, and a library. Not a lot of "mixed use" in there.

The only real problem I have is where they're putting it. Again if it were on the outside on Grapevine Hwy or Mid Cities Blvd it would be a different story. But at the end of the day I honestly don't care all too much about it one way or the other.

Old 10-01-2017, 06:56 PM

So is your problem that it's close to expensive homes or close to the rec center, library, and school? You changed your reasoning from one post to the other?

The planning and zoning agenda has been posted and it's a Marriott TownPlace Suites. It's also not going behind the shopping center. It's on the plot between Hawk and Parker to the southwest of the rec center and the southeast of the school.

I'm still confused about what the problem is here. Traffic? A hotel with less than 120 rooms filled with mostly business travelers coming in/out at rush hour is going to have a negligible impact on traffic. The clientele? Probably not much different from the apartments and homes already in the area. Sex offenders and poor people aren't going to drop $100+ per night to prey on kids and leach off of the good school. Location of a main thoroughfare? People seldom book a hotel like this because they drive by and see it. They book in advance with a purpose.

Old 10-02-2017, 02:45 PM

664 posts, read 1,563,768 times
The hotel's proposed site is right next to some really nice houses stretching from the creek all the way to Davis Blvd. And if you look like right smack dab in the middle of all of those houses you'll see a huge trailer park. The entrance is way over on Davis Blvd but the actual trailer park is right there in the middle of all those houses. I'll bet those aren't $350k+ trailers. If that's not hurting home values, I don't think a hotel will, either.

Old 10-02-2017, 04:38 PM

32,508 posts, read 50,991,014 times
I know of only one mobile home park in area and that is by Thornwood--north of Walker Creek--that is off Precinct LIne
What street is your mobile home park on?

Old 10-02-2017, 04:49 PM

664 posts, read 1,563,768 times
It's not mine. I just know where it's at. The entrance is right off Davis Blvd between Harwood and Mid-Cities but the bulk of the trailers are located right off that walking trail that goes by the baseball fields at Walker Creek.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth