U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2008, 04:01 AM
LSB LSB started this thread

8 posts, read 18,375 times

Advertisements

I know that these are two opposite ends of the spectrum. My husband purchased a business in the Duncanville area (I20 & 67 to be exact) and we are deliberating between Cedar Hill area and the Southlake/Colleyville area. My husband really likes the Southlake area, but I am afraid that he is not being realistic about the commute (Duncanville to Southlake?). Does anyone know what kind of commute time that would be? I guess it would be partially against traffic.
Also, we do like the Lakeridge area in Cedar Hill but we are concerned about the safety due to all of the foreclosures. I know that in areas that have a lot of foreclosures that there are often a lot of home burglaries. Does anyone know about that in the Lakeridge area? It is really beautiful, but we have not seen people out and about whenever we drive through there.
We have 3 small children and we want to be safe. I already know that the school system in Cedar Hill is poorly rated but we plan to send them to private Christian, anyway.
Desparate for answers regarding commute and safety!
Thanks,
LSB
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 12:54 PM

307 posts, read 1,108,863 times
It's about a 30 mile or so commute, or 45 minutes according to google. Traffic goes north on 360 in the AM commute, but I20 I'm not sure how that would be. The drive might be worth it if the conditions are right. Can't be of much help on that specific neighborhood, sorry.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:36 PM

4,191 posts, read 14,071,627 times
Do you already know which school your children will be attending? May be if that is selected, it would help you narrow it down. Also, have you considered Mansfield?

Naima

Old 03-19-2008, 02:53 PM

4,191 posts, read 14,071,627 times
About Lake Ridge: Yes there are A LOT of foreclosures there and some custom builders are still building some homes!!! I guess they are being hopefull that the market will change soon there. There are 133 homes on the market in Lakeridge and about 50 of those are foreclosures!!!

If you want to know about break-ins etc. you may want to call the local police department at (972) 291-5375.

Naima

Old 03-19-2008, 05:35 PM

10,564 posts, read 22,480,151 times
The commute from Southlake would be AWFUL, especially with gas prices at $3 a gallon. I used to drive to Grand Prairie from Grapevine and although I wa sgoing against traffic, I also wasn't the only person on the road. If ther eis a wreck or weather, the traffic will back up and creep along.

If you'll be sending your kids to private school anyway, there's little incentive to move to Southlake. The school system is the big draw there, and their taxes are really high. Plus, the access from Southlake to 360 is not easy, so your husband will spend a fair aount of time on side streets and sitting at red lights. :-(

Old 03-19-2008, 11:35 PM
LSB LSB started this thread

8 posts, read 18,375 times
Smile Thanks nsumner and ChristieP

thanks nsumner and ChristieP for the response. The commute info is especially helpful because not too many people have actually driven that commute (or similar). We are moving from Houston and I have learned that in large cities you can probably double the commute time listed on mapquest during rush hour traffic. But have not been sure in this case b/c of the direction of the traffic.
Also, the foreclosure info in Cedar Hill is interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth