U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2008, 12:20 PM

4 posts, read 13,855 times

Advertisements

We are moving to the DFW area...need to be between 820 loop/I-35W and no further north than Sanger off of I-35. Anyone have any suggestions? I have a high schooler so district is important. Looking online at the Hidden Forest subdivision close to Azle. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm coming from Houston so really have no clue what all is up in that area. Need to know what to stay away from. Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 04:59 PM

no one knows anything?

Old 03-22-2008, 03:00 PM

3 posts, read 10,184 times
Quick question, you have a high schooler, close to grauduating? Or just starting. I ask because you might want to consider these things. Azle has been in a growth spurt and I do think its a nice place to be. I live outside of Azle but I have lived in it and my kids attended school there. Some complaints Ive heard from upper middle class moms are "If Im going to pay high taxes (Oak Harbor Subdivision) then I may as well live in Southlake. Google those. Im middle class and it was all good. My kids enjoyed Azle but my son says now Weatherford would have worked.......(pretty girls lol). You cant go wrong with Azle, Aledo,Weatherford and it looks like your subdivision (which I didnt even know about) is close to all 3. There are bargains to be had, look around

Old 04-01-2008, 08:43 AM

my son will be a 10th grader this fall. we drove around southlake and really liked it, but don't want to put my son in athletics there...too much competition. We're coming from a HUGE 5-A district in N.W. Houston so we're used to competion, but not "Dallas Cowboy genetics" competion! haha. Now we're looking in the Roanoke area but haven't found any subdivisions we like. We drove out to Azle and think it's just a bit too far from the job (I-35W/820 loop). Thanks for your help!

Old 04-02-2008, 07:05 AM

32,689 posts, read 51,372,828 times
check out taxes on TAD.ORG
don't think taxes in Azle are anywhere like Southlake because if the rate is close--the valuation is definitely NOT the same---I would like to see comparable tax bills for comparable housing in those two towns....
Northwest ISD is a hot district right now with construction going on in Haslet but from their TAKS scores I don't think they are getting the best out of their students and there are some poverty pockets in and around the higher priced developments that can affect school/test scores---also NWISD is growing big time which always puts pressures on districts to grow successfully--check out some of the posts about Keller ISD which has gone thorugh something very similar--and it was not able to do that very successfully IMO--
You know that that area of the loop is fairly close to Keller ISD and Birdville ISD Grapevine Colleyville ISD, HEB ISD--there are good and bad going on in them and depends on individual schools
traffic in that part is some of the worst in Tarrant county IMO--freeway is really not up to handling all the cars/trucks that it gets in morning/evening commute and I35 is not that much better -- surface streets like Mid-Cities Blvd and Tarrant Parkway do pretty well E-W traffic and there is 1709 which is not as bad as people make out--especially if you are coming from Houston's traffic situation...yuck to that...

You don't set a price--if you are interested in good football--Trinity HS in HEB has won state 5A twice in past 5 years--Trinity is an IB high school and plenty of its grads earn scholarships to state and out-of-state schools with good academics as well as athletic programs...neighborhoods are older for the most part but there are some nice neighborhoods all the same...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth