U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2017, 09:55 PM

23 posts, read 37,060 times

Advertisements

We need to find a reliable and affordable company for blinds and shades. Who do you recommend, we live in the Flower Mound Argyle area?
Who have you used?

Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2017, 07:38 AM

32,521 posts, read 51,002,355 times
We bought house that was about 4 yrs old and most of the rooms--even the garage windows--had shades installed originally
We bought two for the breakfast area after we moved in and lived there a while--they had installed some bamboo matchstick blinds but they were too short--even when extended entirely they were several inches too short--

We have dark kitchen cabinets so ordered a dark oak or chestnut finish from online company-
Needed longer blinds than usual and those were less $
The quality of the blinds and the accuracy with the sample were fine
My mistake was getting the kind that don't show light through cord holes when blinds were closed...I thought that was a cleaner look--and it is--but more of a hassle--

The cords to tilt the blinds are not FIXED inside a drilled hole--so they can slip out of their notches when you open/close or try to dust them...
They are more difficult to open/close and can leave a gap when you want to close them...

We had different house before and had custom shades for the large bay window in kitchen area--faced the side and front of the house with street and sidewalk traffic--
Got fabric, double cell, top-down shades so we could lower the top for light but still shade bottom half of Windows for privacy
They were good but we had cat and cat liked to see out window--would prick the fabric with his claws--
And they are difficult to clean---
But loved the option
That company is out of business---over 20 yrs ago--

Old 12-18-2017, 02:36 PM

16,880 posts, read 2,087,924 times
We went with Lowe's. Wide selection, charge to get blinds measured and installed was credited upon purchase. Linnen texture in exactly the wall color, no cords but for extremely tall windows in the kitchen. Some minor hick ups during installation which Lowe's handled. Check for sales!

Old 12-18-2017, 02:44 PM

638 posts, read 898,761 times
JC Penney sells good quality blinds at really decent prices. I've always installed them myself, but I know they offer the service. There was a great company in Fort Worth that I used for commercial work a few years ago, but they went out of business not long ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth