U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2018, 02:24 PM

26 posts, read 29,694 times

Advertisements

Will be moving to HEB area in the summer and am looking for strong youth soccer clubs (academy, D1, D2?) for 15yo B in that area.

All the top clubs I find online are toward North and North-East Dallas (ex. FC Dallas, Solar)... there is Dallas Texans Soccer also in Farmer's Branch, not sure how long that drive would be from Bedford area?

I'm sure there must be some strong clubs closer to HEB? Looking for an 02B.

Any soccer families on here?

Last edited by nanou1969; 02-21-2018 at 02:42 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 06:55 PM

4,826 posts, read 2,370,150 times
My younger brother plays a high level of soccer and is also 02 although he plays in Katy (Houston Area). For academy which from my brothers experience is at a much higher level than club you just named the three best clubs in the Dallas area. Over here my brother would have to drive hours to Texans or Dynamo in Houston. My brother got the chance to play Dynamo academy last year or late 2016 and they lost 4-0 and Dynamo isn’t even one of the best academies out there and although the score was only 4-0 the level of play wasn’t close. Although from what I have heard North Texas has significantly better non-academy teams at that level when my brother took that loss his team was somewhere in the top 5-6 of South Texas for that age group. Dynamo isn’t even one of the best academy teams in the region they play in, I would play academy over high level club soccer as the difference at least showed to me in that game, but from what I heard Dallas is different. Good luck in your search and maybe down the road my brother might end up playing against your son.

Last edited by NigerianNightmare; 02-21-2018 at 07:12 PM..

Old 02-24-2018, 12:25 PM

26 posts, read 29,694 times
Yes you are right Dallas area is its own universe in terms of youth soccer; the talent runs deep. Of course making an academy team would be awesome but I am not sure if driving from Fort Worth to North or North East Dallas 4-5 nights a week is doable with two working parents.

What I want is a club where they have at minimum 3 practices/week, play in showcase tournaments and other higher level, have opportunities for advancement, and above all great coaching and training. From what I know of DFW area many strong clubs do that; actually many top teams are top level club and not Academy.

I just can't find anything online when searching for North East Fort Worth area... I'm sure there are some.

If your brother knows any in that area please share!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth