Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 11:17 AM

9 posts, read 10,999 times

Advertisements

Hello! My family is moving to Texas this June. We just made an offer on a beautiful home in Trophy Club. Just wondering if I can get some info on the area? I have two boys, ages 10 & 12 who will be attending Medlin Middle school. Thanks so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2018, 11:44 AM

70 posts, read 74,296 times
Welcome...best location in DFW imo. Safest city in Texas. Down the road from Gateway Church.
Clean, uncluttered streets as cars aren't allowed to be there overnight.
Pretty tight knit community with nice people all over the place.
Mostly all custom houses with yards! But there cookiemonster cutter neighborhoods...in the newest additions. We like to keep it OG though.
Tollway on 114 gets you downtown Dallas in traffic in 30ish mins. (and probably Ft Worth as well...but we only go there once a year maybe, so that may be outdated info with all the construction down there)
Next door to Southlake which has a lot of options.
And of course good schools.

Old 03-02-2018, 12:05 PM

9 posts, read 10,999 times
Thank you so much!! I just got the call from our realtor that our offer was turned down. Sooooo bummed!!! ������

Old 03-02-2018, 01:01 PM

8,144 posts, read 8,338,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfamilyoffour View Post
Thank you so much!! I just got the call from our realtor that our offer was turned down. Sooooo bummed!!! ������
Oh, sorry, that’s a nice area. Also nice is Colleyville, lots of Grapevine, Euless in zip code 76039. Keep looking. There are many lovely mid-cities areas.

Old 03-02-2018, 10:54 PM

294 posts, read 292,650 times
We are going to be looking in that area once our current home (in the Houston area is listed and sells). We looked around Trophy Club and really liked the atmosphere and the closeness to a lot of amenities. We were up there recently and went to lunch in Southlake Town Square. That is very close to Trophy Club. I liked all the amenities there. That said, the traffic was heavy (this was on a Sunday afternoon) and finding stuff was confusing and very maze like. I am sure it would get easier if we were there a lot but I was taken aback by how crowded it was.

One thing I did notice in Trophy Club is that it might make sense to pay attention to where a house is located. Where we live now we live in the back of the subdivision and it takes 5 minutes just to get out of the subdivision. Some of Trophy Club seems like that. That is, some part of Trophy Club seem very close to stores and restaurants but some of it more at the back may take longer to get out of there to go places.

I don't know what your price range is. Some of the other places we plan to look (in more or less this order):

1. northern Hurst
2. northern Bedford
3. Colleyville - most of the houses there are older than we want in our price range but if you have a higher budget it might work for you
4. Keller
5. Grapevine
6. northern Euless
7. Flower Mound

In our case, this is a retirement home so we don't have to worry about driving to work or school districts. You may need to factor in driving distance to work and, of course, school choice.

Old 03-04-2018, 07:46 PM

1,447 posts, read 1,484,640 times
Add Roanoke if you can...

Old 03-04-2018, 08:31 PM

95 posts, read 123,427 times
We're moving to TC this summer as well! (From Colorado). We are supposed to close on a house sometime this month. What someone said up above about where the house located is so true. When we first looked there, we were in a new build part that took FOREVER just to get out of the neighborhood. Seemed like a major hassle every time you wanted to leave. The house we have under contract now is minutes from 114.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:00 PM

185 posts, read 422,572 times
Moved here from Westchester County, NY summer of 2017. If you do make another offer in Trophy Club, let me know. I will help/advise any way I can.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:20 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
The original Trophy Club development was designed with only one entrance into the subdivision so people had to wander through the neighborhood if they bought in the back portion
Very time consuming and you couldn't speed--lot of kids in there
And from what I remember the original part did not have wide streets--whether cars parked on street or not--so I think getting in and out of the neighborhood is still a PIA--
Look at a map--you can see entry points to 114---that is the only way in/out
In case of emergency, accident, just lot of rush hour traffic, you are in hardship--

Traffic along 114 a year or so ago during rush house was bad when we would drive it going to Denton to visit our son===they moved to Dallas so we don't go 114 to 35N any more

It is close to Southlake or Roanoak (where there are some restaurants and a movie theater now) but using 35S to FTW is a bad commute I think--likely more than 30 min--and using the toll road into Dallas is $$ if done daily...

Old 03-07-2018, 07:22 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfamilyoffour View Post
Sounds like bidding wars are still happening...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth