U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2018, 09:22 PM

2 posts, read 2,335 times

Advertisements

My wife's daughter recently moved to Fort Worth area. We would like to move there but wonder if there is an area within 50 or so miles with elevation and possibly lower temps.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2018, 08:42 AM

12,198 posts, read 7,213,064 times
Lower temperatures within a 50 mile radius of Fort Worth? Well, perhaps Denton (when I lived there, for college, it was usually a couple of degrees cooler than Fort Worth), or north of Denton, closer to the Red River (mainly due to more rain along the river).

However, even then, if it reached 105 in Fort Worth, then Denton would rejoice in 102 degrees. Of course, going out west or northwest of Fort Worth is even worse (Wichita Falls, for instance, is often 10 degrees warmer than Fort Worth; if we are 103, they are 113).

We have a weekend house in East Texas, around Cedar Creek Lake, some 90 miles from west Fort Worth (where we live), and it is also a few degrees cooler than DFW area, but not by much. Of course, since it is the beginning of the piney woods, with lots of cedar trees, it creates problems for those allergic to cedar and such.

It must be faced: the DFW area is miserably hot during the summer, and prone to high levels of pollen, mold, etc. Those I know with COPD, allergies or other sinus problems are usually rather miserable and stay indoors as much as possible.

I am hard pressed to think of 'higher elevation' areas. There is a rather new development along loop 820 and the I-20/I-30 area of far west Fort Worth. The houses are on a high bluff. It is a gated community, with a guarded entrance, and I imagine that the houses cost a lot of money.

Good luck in your search.

Old 04-15-2018, 08:50 AM

1,053 posts, read 1,418,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

I am hard pressed to think of 'higher elevation' areas.
That's probably because there is no such thing, especially not to the extent that it will influence the temperature in any significant way.

The Rockies are about 9 hours west of here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth