U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-11-2018, 01:15 PM
 
4,114 posts, read 2,395,050 times
Reputation: 12739

Advertisements

Just received a $168 ticket on Park Center street in Saginaw. Many take this path due to the road construction on Old Decatur Road.

Apparently the 20mph signs are well hidden by the leafy trees. I was going 32 in a 20 residential zone. I had no idea this was a "special" zone.

I spend a lot of money in Saginaw, for an old retired woman anyway. I was going to renew my UPS box near Albertsons, which is about the price of the ticket. I will not renew and spend the money on the fine instead.

I will pay the fine and no long set one foot or roll one tire in this goober little town.

Just a heads up, people.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-16-2018, 12:37 PM
 
Location: In a George Strait Song
6,296 posts, read 4,465,800 times
Reputation: 8775
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
Just received a $168 ticket on Park Center street in Saginaw. Many take this path due to the road construction on Old Decatur Road.

Apparently the 20mph signs are well hidden by the leafy trees. I was going 32 in a 20 residential zone. I had no idea this was a "special" zone.

I spend a lot of money in Saginaw, for an old retired woman anyway. I was going to renew my UPS box near Albertsons, which is about the price of the ticket. I will not renew and spend the money on the fine instead.

I will pay the fine and no long set one foot or roll one tire in this goober little town.

Just a heads up, people.
If the signs are hidden, try to take a picture and go to court. You may very well receive a reduced fine.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2018, 06:30 AM
 
Location: In an indoor space
7,668 posts, read 5,141,142 times
Reputation: 5108
I would fight it in calm stating what you said about the speed limit sign being well hidden.


I take that you have a clean driving record otherwise?



Please don't give up.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2018, 09:27 PM
 
4,114 posts, read 2,395,050 times
Reputation: 12739
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
If the signs are hidden, try to take a picture and go to court. You may very well receive a reduced fine.
I paid the ticket. Screw them.

I just will not spend one penny in their little goober town.

I did not renew my UPS box (125), I took several bags of high-end clothing to the Lake Worth Goodwill instead of the Saginaw Goodwill.

I mainly purchased groceries there, or the occasional Whataburger or Panda.

Nope, no more. Might not seem like much of an impact, but it makes me feel better.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2018, 10:27 PM
 
Location: Bedford
638 posts, read 898,438 times
Reputation: 844
Tell me you at least took deferred disposition.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2018, 08:34 AM
 
4,114 posts, read 2,395,050 times
Reputation: 12739
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303 View Post
Tell me you at least took deferred disposition.
You know jbb, sometimes it is best to just say screw it and just learn from it. I do NOT want to deal with these small town Mayberry goobers.

Done, over with.

Just will f'ing DIE before I go back through that place or spend any money there.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2018, 12:15 PM
 
Location: In an indoor space
7,668 posts, read 5,141,142 times
Reputation: 5108
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
You know jbb, sometimes it is best to just say screw it and just learn from it. I do NOT want to deal with these small town Mayberry goobers.

Done, over with.

Just will f'ing DIE before I go back through that place or spend any money there.
I'm sorry you received that ticket though I would've fought it even me if I were there from NJ as I would go back to!

Tell me, are Texas police forces on the whole sneaky with speed traps? Are there a lot of them?

It sounds like if I were driving there with NJ license plates I bet they'd have a ball pulling me over without me actually doing anything wrong.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2018, 12:57 PM
 
Location: Bedford
638 posts, read 898,438 times
Reputation: 844
Must be nice to be able to say "screw it" and let a ticket go on your record and risk the insurance rate increase and points on you license. It's too easy to keep it off your record and save the money.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2018, 07:49 PM
 
4,114 posts, read 2,395,050 times
Reputation: 12739
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303 View Post
Must be nice to be able to say "screw it" and let a ticket go on your record and risk the insurance rate increase and points on you license. It's too easy to keep it off your record and save the money.
First ticket I've had in 20 years. I am not too concerned about it just the point of it and not wanting to be involved with their court system, asking for this or that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top