U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2018, 08:15 PM

9 posts, read 5,111 times

Advertisements

Any Ryan place families...where do your kids go to school? Anyone...thoughts on Daggett Montessori, Alice Carlson applied learning center, paschal high? Any recommended private schools easily accessible from the area?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2018, 08:37 PM

10,578 posts, read 22,513,745 times
Those are some of the strongest schools in the FWISD system. While I don't have kids myself, I do have several coworkers who moved to that area specifically for those schools.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:22 PM

Thanks!

Old 05-20-2018, 09:39 PM

193 posts, read 156,753 times
I don't live in Ryan Place but I am quite familiar with the area.

Those three schools you mentioned are definitely strong options -- attendance at Paschal in some form is guaranteed as Ryan Place is zoned to Paschal. The odds of getting selected for Daggett Montessori are also better by virtue of being within the E.M. Daggett Elementary attendance zone, but keep in mind that not all of Ryan Place is zoned to E.M. Daggett ES. The southernmost two blocks of Ryan Place closest to Berry (south of Lowden) are zoned to Contreras Elementary instead, though I have heard talks from the school board about rezoning those blocks to E.M. Daggett ES instead to reduce overcrowding at Contreras.

I would definitely try my best to avoid the zoned schools aside from Paschal -- the zoned K-8 schools are lower performing schools, and are on the TEA's PEG list, though that is largely from having largely lower socioeconomic student bodies. E.M. Daggett Elementary seems to draw more from the areas east of Hemphill and the railroad tracks which are within their attendance zone rather than from Ryan Place and southern Fairmount (where it should be the "neighborhood" school).

In terms of private schools, the closest good private that I can think of would have to be Fort Worth Country Day (FWCD). Hill School is also an option if you have a special-needs child. The Fort Worth Academy of Fine Arts (FWAFA, not to be confused with the private Fort Worth Academy) is a grades 3-12 charter school (not private), but might be worth considering too if your child is more into fine arts and the like.

If you are willing to look for a private school south of I-20, then Trinity Valley and Fort Worth Academy (both are located in the same vicinity) are also options. FW Academy is K-8 only, so your child could go from there either into another private school or to Paschal's college-preparatory track. All Saints Episcopal School is also on the west side of Fort Worth, just outside of 820 near the interchange with I-30.

Keep in mind that FWCD and Trinity Valley are usually considered to be the most prestigious of the private schools in Fort Worth, so it might be a bit harder to get in there.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:29 AM

1,053 posts, read 1,419,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netineti View Post
Any Ryan place families...where do your kids go to school? Anyone...thoughts on Daggett Montessori, Alice Carlson applied learning center, paschal high? Any recommended private schools easily accessible from the area?
Alice Carlson has been wonderful for us (We're zoned Tanglewood, but preferred the philosophy at AC). But it's a lottery for entry and is very competitive.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:32 AM

Great to know, thanks!

Old 05-21-2018, 08:35 PM

2,034 posts, read 1,275,568 times
Private schools reps:

FWCD: old money country club school. K-12

Trinity Valley: new money strivers school. Quite competitive. K-12

Fort Worth Academy: quirky school that emphasizes technology and project-based learning. K-8

We didn't consider religious schools so I don't have details about those.

Paschal's honor's program has an amazing reputation. Not everyone gets in though and I have no idea how good the education is if your kid doesn't get into the honors program.

Fort Worth Academy of Fine Arts is the place to go for a fine arts emphasis. I have read a few recent articles about parents complaining about some teacher changes at the school. I don't know how serious the issues are though.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:43 PM

Thanks to everyone for the replies? Anyone know anything of Angel Montessori preschool?

Old 06-02-2018, 04:24 PM

Bump for angel montessori preschool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth