U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 10:25 AM

31 posts, read 120,469 times

Advertisements

I think I may drive myself crazy!!! The more I read the more I change my mind. What other subdivisions are like Crawford Farms and Chadwick Farms? We are looking for an area North of Ft. Worth. It can be new construction or prexisting home. We are looking for a good neighborhood with families, activities, in areas that will still look good in 5 - 10 yrs. We would be at the top of our price range to buy the smaller homes in either of those places so any advice would be great.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 12:05 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,106,784 times
Well there are quite a few in the area. Heritage is the first to come to mind. There are various neighborhoods within Heritage. Did you just want to stay in the Fort Worth/Keller area?

There is also Sendera that is in Haslet but that is a little more northwest from Crawford. I have a friend that lives in there and it is very family friendly. I also have a friend that lives in a David Weekley home over in Liberty Crossing off of FM 156. Both of those communities are well west of the Keller area.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:52 PM

13,180 posts, read 14,009,924 times
Frankly you need to stay away from that area. Too many tract homes.

And you've got a 24H XXX adult video sign nearby on I35, a busy rail corridor in the middle of town, some storage unit developer has parked 20 beat up trucks along Keller-Smithfield Rd to get around the lax advertising ordinances and built huge bright red roofed storage facilitiy near your neighborhood complete with huge billboads saying "Tape Rolls $3.99" and " Climate Contro!" , several tatoo shops, and head shop for pot smokers. Then you've got all the permanent truck traffic coming thru town because of the Alliance transportation hub and warehouse district.

All this at the "peak" time with all those shiny new box like homes. What do you think it's going to look like ten years from now?

Old 03-30-2008, 01:50 PM

What padcrasher is saying is exactly what I don't want and what is scaring me. I saw Sendera Ranch when I was there earlier this month and I liked it but I didn't notice anything bad the realtor (we are no longer using) drove fast and straight to the model homes had us in and out and on to the next area he had us so lost I couldn't tell you where all we went. He said Sendera had heavy traffice at peak times and it could take 20 mins just to get to the hwy. I wouldn't want that.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:48 PM

Well Padcrasher...you just described what is down the street from Crawford Farms and that is what she asked for. These are master planned communities, so you are going to have smaller lots.

I am a big believer in making sure that you don't buy immediately and from online. I know...I thought I wanted to do that and things just didn't work out that way. We were here and able to stay with my Mom for a few months (thats another conversation), but anyway, we were able to find out where we wanted to be and where we didn't...that just takes time and with the market the way it is, you have a lot to choose from on the market.

That takes some driving around and just understanding what exactly what you want.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:32 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,177,991 times
what is your price range?

Pre-existing homes in neighobrhoods like Chase Oaks, Forest Glen, Heatherwood estates etc... all are family orientated have community pools etc...

What padcrasher described is along hwy 377. it's ALL comercial along there, it's what I didn't like about the area. You do have some nice neighobrhoods and the prices are very good, but YOU need to get in a car and drive around. Drive in and out of hte neighoberhood. See how you like it etc... It would bug me to have to drive past trailer parks to get into my subdivision. or past wharehouses etc....
But there is a give and take... and personal taste.
I like that although I am in "central keller" I have cows across the street from my neighobrhood and small ranchettes down the strret etc... others don't like that. It's all personal taste.
And also realising that you may not find the Perfect house in the perfect area...I choose the neighobrhood. My favorite house that would have been a perfect fit for our family etc... was in my least favorite neighborhood, so i gave it up for location.

Old 03-31-2008, 04:38 PM

Our price range is 170,000. I am nervous about all the research I'm doing on the internet, that is what is driving me crazy. I thought when I went down there I knew what I wanted but when I got back and told my husband of the vast difference in neighborhoods he wants to live in really nice subdivision with amenities and I want a big house. Those 2 things don't fit our price range. He would rather have a smaller home (still must be 2000 sq ft) in a nice neighborhood rather than the history maker or Centex homes I saw. The big down fall we have right now is he must accept the job before we can come down again to look so that's why I'm researching the neighborhoods and trying to figure out what our realtor can send us. I think I might have her terribly confused but she's great. Give me all the names of the one you recommend and I will research them, that's what I need.

5stones what neighborhood do you live in?

We have no one to stay with so does anyone know of a short term housing situation we could rent. I would prefer to not rent an apartment I have 2 3yr olds that need outside space.

Old 03-31-2008, 05:51 PM

If you haven't looked at Heritage, then you can definately find something in your price range. I have a 4yr old and she loves the park over there. The swimming complex is unbeatable in the area and it is very family friendly. When we moved out from CA, we kept going back and looking there.

My DD goes to swimming lessons over at AquaKids right within the community. Yes, it is a master planned community and you won't get too much land with it.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:18 PM

68 posts, read 215,686 times
Smile Crawford/Chadwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsrus View Post
I think I may drive myself crazy!!! The more I read the more I change my mind. What other subdivisions are like Crawford Farms and Chadwick Farms? We are looking for an area North of Ft. Worth. It can be new construction or prexisting home. We are looking for a good neighborhood with families, activities, in areas that will still look good in 5 - 10 yrs. We would be at the top of our price range to buy the smaller homes in either of those places so any advice would be great.
These neighborhoods are great. I don't know what people are talking about. We have sold new homes in those neighborhoods and the families really seem to like them. I know the builders in Crawford farms, and you need to stick with David Weekley or Drees. History Maker and Centex build sound homes, but they do focus on space for the $, and they are very clear about that. Some people want ammenities and smaller..so you will need to decide what is more important to you. Builders are dealing now..so you need to ask about incentives when you go into the builder. Find a good buyer's rep dealing in NEW homes and you can't go wrong. Buyer's reps cost you nothing..but save you lots of $$$$$

Old 04-01-2008, 06:24 AM

Let me clear something up I like Crawford Farms and Chadwick Farms, I am just wanted more like them to see what all homes I could choose from. I was sure I had found the house I would love when I was down there it was a History Maker in Boswell Meadows. I loved it but while reading these boards it has opened my eyes to thinking about ammenities. I have seen a video on VOWS and one that I think belongs to Heritage. We have small children and if we move it will be the first time the children will be away from me. I think the incentive of having a pool and trails in the neighborhood would be a great end to the day away from me. We have been living on one income and saving our money now we are ready to move into a great family neighborhood. I would rather be the poorest in a great neighborhood that offers ammenities then have a big home in a neighborhood that has nothing to offer. (Boswell Meadows) Reading these boards have confused me to the point we are almost ready to give up and not move. I currently live in a neighborhood that people look down on and I don't want that anymore! We are not bad people just knew I wanted to down size to raise my babies and then move up and return to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth