Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 05:21 AM

1,158 posts, read 961,155 times

Advertisements

If there are multiple duplexes how do know the parking area belongs to that specific duplex you are complaing about? Maybe that parking area is reserved for other tennants. Maybe the parking area is reserved for people who own their duplexes and are not renters. Maybe the landlord charges a fee. Maybe the tennants cannot afford to pay for parking. You're on a fixed income and can't afford to move. Maybe your neighbors cannot afford to pay for parking. You make a lot of assumptions.

Since you are a renter too, I'd be very careful before I went around making trouble for your neighbors. Remember each action has an equal and opposite reaction.

If you continue calling the police, writing to their landlord, taking people to Court over parking LEGALLY on a PUBLIC street, photogrpahing their vehicles, contacting the media, and filing restraining orders maybe the tennants or their landlord will contact YOUR landlord about your unreasonable behavior. Your landlord has not raised your rent yet. If you become a "problem" maybe they will raise your rent beyond your means to get rid of you. Houses rent quickly now and for a premium. Rents are only going to keep increasing. I'd be a little more reasonable in your situation. I'd hate to be on a fixed income in DFW as a renter.

I understand it is very annoying. I live in a brand new home that I own and have the best yard on the street. My neighbors next door do not. Their yard is a mess, they have 3 adult kids that live at home and 5 cars that end up parked in front of MY house. Their garage is so full of junk they cannot park any cars in the garage. I have better things to do with my time than to worry about what they do or where they park. I have good relationships with all of my neighbors . Because they do not place the same value on things that I do does not make them bad people.

I would be very curious to know if your neighbors are minorities based on some of the things you written in this thread? It's odd to me that you are calling them "low life's" when you've never even spoken to them.

Last edited by Angie682; 08-24-2018 at 06:02 AM..

Old 08-24-2018, 06:15 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,197,375 times
I learned one thing from all the moves and places we have lived. Never fight with your neighbors, smile, wave, say hi ,but thats it. You don't want to fight with someone next to you or on your street. It makes for a miserable life. The stress alone will shorten your life. And I watch Fear they Neighbor and it scares me how crazy some people can be. Have you ever tried talking to them when you see them outside just smiling asking how they are. I have found it harder for people to be mean or disrespectful when you have a sunny disposition. My husband says kill them with kindness and it works. I have had miserable co-workers and it turned around and we got along, not best friends but it changed the workday. See if you can start a neighborhood watch, maybe get them involved, put flyers out...just maybe talking to them about neighborhood safety just may make a difference.

Old 08-24-2018, 07:15 AM

5,103 posts, read 8,609,827 times
OP, I moved last month into a smaller house on a smaller lot: "retire in place" sort of deal. I know moving is expensive, but I'm older and my health isn't the greatest, either. I was determined to make this move while I still could and give myself the best home environment possible within my means, including excellent sound-proofing so I don't hear the area children . . . just being children. I was going batty from the noise made by them, motorcycles, and large machines. My house was too old to easily retrofit with the new noise dampening products. Now . . . I have quiet. I can sleep all night! No 4 am motorcycle revving! Pure bliss!

More power to you if you can make any inroads for changes neighborhood, but I think you'll be a lot happier in the long run if you find yourself a nice condo to rent with a strong HOA. Moving doesn't have to be costly, but it takes motivation to get a team together and a lot of wherewithal to make it happen.

Old 08-24-2018, 08:32 AM

234 posts, read 288,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie682 View Post
If there are multiple duplexes how do know the parking area belongs to that specific duplex you are complaing about? Maybe that parking area is reserved for other tennants. Maybe the parking area is reserved for people who own their duplexes and are not renters. Maybe the landlord charges a fee. Maybe the tennants cannot afford to pay for parking. You're on a fixed income and can't afford to move. Maybe your neighbors cannot afford to pay for parking. You make a lot of assumptions.

Since you are a renter too, I'd be very careful before I went around making trouble for your neighbors. Remember each action has an equal and opposite reaction.

If you continue calling the police, writing to their landlord, taking people to Court over parking LEGALLY on a PUBLIC street, photogrpahing their vehicles, contacting the media, and filing restraining orders maybe the tennants or their landlord will contact YOUR landlord about your unreasonable behavior. Your landlord has not raised your rent yet. If you become a "problem" maybe they will raise your rent beyond your means to get rid of you. Houses rent quickly now and for a premium. Rents are only going to keep increasing. I'd be a little more reasonable in your situation. I'd hate to be on a fixed income in DFW as a renter.

I understand it is very annoying. I live in a brand new home that I own and have the best yard on the street. My neighbors next door do not. Their yard is a mess, they have 3 adult kids that live at home and 5 cars that end up parked in front of MY house. Their garage is so full of junk they cannot park any cars in the garage. I have better things to do with my time than to worry about what they do or where they park. I have good relationships with all of my neighbors . Because they do not place the same value on things that I do does not make them bad people.

I would be very curious to know if your neighbors are minorities based on some of the things you written in this thread? It's odd to me that you are calling them "low life's" when you've never even spoken to them.
The parking area goes with the house. If it were rented out to anyone else, you would see other vehicles back there.

My landlord is very happy with me as a tenant. I take excellent care of this property. I am doing nothing wrong here. I am not in the least bit afraid of my home.

"Minority" status has absolutely nothing to do with being a low-life. You can be an inconsiderate, greedy, low-life no matter what your age, race, religion, or political affiliation. Surprised you did not know this.

Old 08-24-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
I learned one thing from all the moves and places we have lived. Never fight with your neighbors, smile, wave, say hi ,but thats it. You don't want to fight with someone next to you or on your street. It makes for a miserable life. The stress alone will shorten your life. And I watch Fear they Neighbor and it scares me how crazy some people can be. Have you ever tried talking to them when you see them outside just smiling asking how they are. I have found it harder for people to be mean or disrespectful when you have a sunny disposition. My husband says kill them with kindness and it works. I have had miserable co-workers and it turned around and we got along, not best friends but it changed the workday. See if you can start a neighborhood watch, maybe get them involved, put flyers out...just maybe talking to them about neighborhood safety just may make a difference.
cp102, as a general proposition, I agree with you 100%. I think there is a difference between causing trouble and defending oneself, though. These people are the ones causing the trouble. I am defending myself and my home. Everyone else around here gets along.

As I mentioned in another post, the F-350 appeared here last April. That was the tipping point for all over there vehicles piling up past four houses down from their own. The F-350 has not moved since May. Yesterday, the NPO tried to talk to them, but they would not open their door. He stickered the F-350. They moved the 4RUNNER and pushed the F-350 further back so that it was squarely in front of our house. I took photos and notified the NPO. This morning, the F-350 is gone and the 4RUNNER is parked closer to their house. I am not sure what is going on, but I now suspect that they were storing the F-350 on our street for someone. It could be over anything. Stolen? One spouse hiding it from the other spouse? Accepting "rent" on it from the owner to "look after it?" Maybe the owner was having problems with it where s/he lives. Who knows? One thing I feel certain of, these people are trouble.

I asked them very nicely a few weeks ago, after putting up with the parking situation for months, to please not park here. I gave them good reasons for my request. They have plenty of other and BETTER options, but they continued to park here. They are disagreeable, greedy, troublesome, truculent so and so's. They are here because they found a landlord that does not care what they get up to. Really is that simple.

Old 08-24-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
Sometimes local TV stations take on quality of life/neighborhood issues that result in local juristictions taking actions. Perhaps check into the various media — see if they have local reporters who do that sort of thing.

In Las Vegas, all the TV stations have “news teams” that address residential concerns about things like squatters, dirty restaurants, poor trash removal services, bad landlords, etc. It would be worth poking around all the local newspapers, radio and TV outlets to see if one might take on this issue of neighborhood deterioration....
WorldKlas, as always, a useful suggestion. Thank you. Thus far, aside from consulting Code, police, and their landlord (who never replied), I have also written to our representative on city council. She did not contact me back personally, but she kicked it back down to the NPO, which is why he came by yesterday morning again. I think they want the NPO to handle it. He is a nice chap. I truly do like him and am happy he is our NPO, but he can only do so much. We will have to wait to see what happens next.

I never go down there. Never been to their door and never set foot in their yard or parked my vehicle in front of their property or anywhere near it. They are the ones doing all of this, and the record will reflect it. I certainly would agree to be interviewed by the paper or a television reporter if I do not prevail at court. It may take public scrutiny to make the landlord do something. Ultimately, she has more responsibility for this problem than even her tenants do. She has the most power to get this resolved. Me thinks she just does not care, and in that respect, she is no better than her low-life tenants.

Thank you again for the suggestion.

Old 08-24-2018, 08:56 AM

67 posts, read 58,277 times
truth writer:
I know you like your house, your landlord etc but honestly, they're not going to stop harrassing you, could it be they like your house too? If they can get you to move then they'll move in. Don't under estimate what is going on in the world, there are bad guys out there, no house is worth your life!
I loved my house as well, I became active in the city planning, made new friends, loved my church etc etc. But, I finally realized my house wasn't worth my life.
You ask if the police were called. Yes, but with the cartel they pay off everyone, including police! Thank GOD the feds became involved and the last I heard, still are. But, never underestimate who these neighbors really are and who they might work for. One of there tactics is to harrass neighbors to get them to move, Why? To evidently take over an entire neighborhood, then they will move in their own people. These are the Mexican Cartels, and if you live in Texas (for example) last count at least 3-4 different Cartels are living here and selling drugs, sex traffiking and etc.
Please have someone to help you move into a nice 55 Community, altho, I must admit it didn't work for me living in one.

Old 08-24-2018, 10:20 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,647,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
Sometimes local TV stations take on quality of life/neighborhood issues that result in local juristictions taking actions. Perhaps check into the various media — see if they have local reporters who do that sort of thing.

In Las Vegas, all the TV stations have “news teams” that address residential concerns about things like squatters, dirty restaurants, poor trash removal services, bad landlords, etc. It would be worth poking around all the local newspapers, radio and TV outlets to see if one might take on this issue of neighborhood deterioration....
If you don't want the expense and work of moving, you are going to have to learn to live with a diverse community, who may have different ideas of what is right and correct. You will just make yourself a target.

I'm with the person who said to get something to do to divert your attention from what is OUTSIDE your door.

Old 08-24-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowrose3 View Post
truth writer:
I know you like your house, your landlord etc but honestly, they're not going to stop harrassing you, could it be they like your house too? If they can get you to move then they'll move in. Don't under estimate what is going on in the world, there are bad guys out there, no house is worth your life!
I loved my house as well, I became active in the city planning, made new friends, loved my church etc etc. But, I finally realized my house wasn't worth my life.
You ask if the police were called. Yes, but with the cartel they pay off everyone, including police! Thank GOD the feds became involved and the last I heard, still are. But, never underestimate who these neighbors really are and who they might work for. One of there tactics is to harrass neighbors to get them to move, Why? To evidently take over an entire neighborhood, then they will move in their own people. These are the Mexican Cartels, and if you live in Texas (for example) last count at least 3-4 different Cartels are living here and selling drugs, sex traffiking and etc.
Please have someone to help you move into a nice 55 Community, altho, I must admit it didn't work for me living in one.

Hello Yellowrose3. Thank you for the kinds words. I am sorry you went through that horror. No one should have to go through that sort of thing ever. I think these people here are just inconsiderate, selfish, obnoxious people. I have no reason to suspect any sort of drugs sales or anything like that, but I will keep an eye out. I really am not outside all that much. I often do not leave the property for 2-3 weeks at a time. I love my home and am very happy in it. I have everything I want right here and within a 5 mile radius. I never paid any attention to these people after they moved in, and I still would not do if it were not for this problem, which is ironic because if they were not harassing me with their vehicles, they could more freely do whatever it is they do down there. They obviously do not mind calling attention to themselves, which is another reason I doubt that they are dealing drugs.

I have not watched network telly in years, but the last time I did watch any of it, I heard the stories about these cartels. I even heard that the prisoners in our prisons essentially run the prisons now. I do not think our government has the solutions, unfortunately. Personally, I have always believed the key to a better life for everyone is education. I still believe that with all my heart. The problem is we are dealing with people who are not interested in education. They are consumed by consumer culture and bad television. Who do they emulate? Criminals and the people they see on telly. They actually ruin the education process for those who WANT to learn.

I have watched the illegal problem just grow and grow and grow. I do not think the government is going to solve it for a lot of different reasons, either. Really, at this stage in my life, I only want to enjoy a peaceful existence in my home. I doubt they are doing this to force me to move. I think it is more just to harass me because that is the sort of "bully" attitude this sort have. However, I am sure if I did move, they would have friends interested in my property. I am not moving, though. The day I leave here for good, it will be feet first.

Old 08-24-2018, 01:44 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,647,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_little_truth_writer View Post
Hello Yellowrose3. Thank you for the kinds words. I am sorry you went through that horror. No one should have to go through that sort of thing ever. I think these people here are just inconsiderate, selfish, obnoxious people. I have no reason to suspect any sort of drugs sales or anything like that, but I will keep an eye out. I really am not outside all that much. I often do not leave the property for 2-3 weeks at a time. I love my home and am very happy in it. I have everything I want right here and within a 5 mile radius. I never paid any attention to these people after they moved in, and I still would not do if it were not for this problem, which is ironic because if they were not harassing me with their vehicles, they could more freely do whatever it is they do down there. They obviously do not mind calling attention to themselves, which is another reason I doubt that they are dealing drugs.

I have not watched network telly in years, but the last time I did watch any of it, I heard the stories about these cartels. I even heard that the prisoners in our prisons essentially run the prisons now. I do not think our government has the solutions, unfortunately. Personally, I have always believed the key to a better life for everyone is education. I still believe that with all my heart. The problem is we are dealing with people who are not interested in education. They are consumed by consumer culture and bad television. Who do they emulate? Criminals and the people they see on telly. They actually ruin the education process for those who WANT to learn.

I have watched the illegal problem just grow and grow and grow. I do not think the government is going to solve it for a lot of different reasons, either. Really, at this stage in my life, I only want to enjoy a peaceful existence in my home. I doubt they are doing this to force me to move. I think it is more just to harass me because that is the sort of "bully" attitude this sort have. However, I am sure if I did move, they would have friends interested in my property. I am not moving, though. The day I leave here for good, it will be feet first.
May I ask what part of Fort Worth do you live in? DM if needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth