U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-22-2018, 06:41 PM
 
17 posts, read 17,707 times
Reputation: 17

Advertisements

Hey, all... could someone please tell me a bit about the Eastchase Parkway area? Basically how safe (or unsafe) it might be, etc? A friend and I have been looking at checking out some apartments in the area, so I'd kind of like to know what the area's like.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-23-2018, 08:43 AM
 
155 posts, read 118,189 times
Reputation: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyrou77 View Post
Hey, all... could someone please tell me a bit about the Eastchase Parkway area? Basically how safe (or unsafe) it might be, etc? A friend and I have been looking at checking out some apartments in the area, so I'd kind of like to know what the area's like.
That area is pretty mixed. I would probably look more to the Northeast on Green Oaks near River Legacy park. Lots of decent apartments in that area.

Whatever you do stay away from anything within a few blocks of Cowboys Stadium. Traffic gets horrible during games as they shut down a lot of streets in the area.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2018, 03:41 PM
 
Location: The Windy City
5,332 posts, read 3,939,560 times
Reputation: 4667
I lived not too far from this area. It's not terrible, but not great either. I wouldn't recommend it unless you are on a budget and looking for a lower priced place to rent.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2018, 04:05 PM
 
234 posts, read 210,982 times
Reputation: 269
I am not really familiar enough with the area to offer you any advice, but from what I recall, traffic is pretty bad over there. Similar to Arlington in that respect. If you want to know the area's crime statistics, you should be able to get that from the police department.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2018, 09:35 PM
 
17 posts, read 17,707 times
Reputation: 17
Thanks, folks. Yeah, I'm not so much looking in the immediate area of Cowboy Stadium. I'm more looking in the area where the AMC theaters are. And, yeah, most of the reason we're looking at it is to find a more low-budget apartment to rent.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2018, 11:53 PM
 
234 posts, read 210,982 times
Reputation: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyrou77 View Post
Thanks, folks. Yeah, I'm not so much looking in the immediate area of Cowboy Stadium. I'm more looking in the area where the AMC theaters are. And, yeah, most of the reason we're looking at it is to find a more low-budget apartment to rent.
I am very interested to know what this means. Mind you if I ask, how many are in your household and how much is your collective income after taxes? How many bedrooms do you seek, and what is the amount of rent you would like to pay? Do you have any pets? If so, how many?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2018, 01:28 PM
 
Location: Arlington
242 posts, read 224,952 times
Reputation: 443
I think it's an OK area -- my aunt has lived over there for many years. Arlington and Fort Worth PDs both have a pretty good crime mapping service on their websites.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2018, 09:13 PM
 
Location: Arlington
641 posts, read 626,069 times
Reputation: 702
Trust me,

I am very familiar with the area and probably in the best spot to tell you how safe the area it is... I'm sure the rent in the area is very reasonable so I can see why someone would consider this area...

That said, safety is a matter of perception and relativism. If you are talking in comparison to the Fort Worth's east side, it is among the safest places you can be (that and the trinity area of Fort worth off of 360). I'd still choose Trinity/360 area (specifically apartment east of 360 and north of trinity). Avoid everything else in East Fort Worth.

As far as apartments in the area of eastchase... there's more bad than good. The decent locations from my experience:

Windsong apartments off of Cooks & Millstone Apartments off Randoll Mill...


Again, apartments on eastchase is better than any other section of east fort worth besides Trinity Blvd (bad sections include woodhaven, john t white, meadowbrook and east loop, meadowbrook and handley, anything south of e lancaster in e fort worth is an absolute No)...BUT, if we are talking in comparison to other places in Tarrant County then Eastchase may not crack the top 60-70% of places to live.

Keep in mind that you will still have to frequent locations that people from these worst apartments go to (walmart, movie theater, Aldi, 7-11, fast food joints, gas stations, etc)...

If it was me, by myself (I'm also the type to keep to myself and not walk around too flashy), I could stay in eastchase area....If they have kids that can be influenced by ppl in that area, hell no
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2018, 10:03 PM
 
4,627 posts, read 7,769,756 times
Reputation: 2853
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJB327 View Post
Trust me,

I am very familiar with the area and probably in the best spot to tell you how safe the area it is... I'm sure the rent in the area is very reasonable so I can see why someone would consider this area...

That said, safety is a matter of perception and relativism. If you are talking in comparison to the Fort Worth's east side, it is among the safest places you can be (that and the trinity area of Fort worth off of 360). I'd still choose Trinity/360 area (specifically apartment east of 360 and north of trinity). Avoid everything else in East Fort Worth.

As far as apartments in the area of eastchase... there's more bad than good. The decent locations from my experience:

Windsong apartments off of Cooks & Millstone Apartments off Randoll Mill...


Again, apartments on eastchase is better than any other section of east fort worth besides Trinity Blvd (bad sections include woodhaven, john t white, meadowbrook and east loop, meadowbrook and handley, anything south of e lancaster in e fort worth is an absolute No)...BUT, if we are talking in comparison to other places in Tarrant County then Eastchase may not crack the top 60-70% of places to live.

Keep in mind that you will still have to frequent locations that people from these worst apartments go to (walmart, movie theater, Aldi, 7-11, fast food joints, gas stations, etc)...

If it was me, by myself (I'm also the type to keep to myself and not walk around too flashy), I could stay in eastchase area....If they have kids that can be influenced by ppl in that area, hell no
On the flip side it’s a very diverse, hilly, and forested area where people of all income brackets reside. This includes a large middle class population and filthy rich people with mansions back in the woods. The Ryanwood area has some of the best looking older homes in the Metroplex. The best way to sum this area up is a mix bag.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2018, 08:29 PM
 
120 posts, read 91,373 times
Reputation: 336
The only thing I can add is that I dated a girl for a couple of years who was going to UTA and she lived in apartments off Eastchase. A lot of other students lived in the same area.

It wasn't bad, more affordable for college kids than dorms and worth a bit more to not live in the slums. That was a while back and I assume it's still similar. No, I'm not saying it was party central with wild kids going nuts until 5am in the morning. Nothing like that.

My girlfriend at the time never told me about anything bad happening or feeling unsafe coming home or going out early in the morning.

For me, that's the way I've always viewed that area. Again, that was several years ago and I haven't been back in that area for quite some time.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top