U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2018, 01:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,067 times

Advertisements

Hi, I have a lot of questions that I genuinely have no one else to ask.

I’d appreciate anyone’s recommendation on which areas to avoid while I’m apartment hunting in 3 months.
Because I’m female I’d like to be in a nice area where I feel completely safe since I’ll be living alone.

Commute would be to White Settlement so anything within a 20 minute drive is what I’m looking for. My budget is between $800-$1400.
A decent Target/Super Target around would be perfect. (Where I’m from Target is where you go to & Walmart is what you avoid... if this isn’t the case for FT please let me know)

Also, how is the North Fort Worth different from South Fort Worth?

Any tips regarding Fort Worth are appreciated!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 05:09 AM

10,515 posts, read 22,371,101 times
Look in the West 7th area near downtown. There's a Super Target, and a Tom Thumb grocery store, along with all sorts of shops, restaurants, bars, etc. The area has really taken off in the last 10 years, so everything around there is quite new. If you can't afford something right in West 7th, look along University.

North Fort Worth (the part north of Loop 820) is family central. Most people there are couples with kids, or BNSF employees.
Northside is the neighborhood north of downtown within the 820 loop. It is primarily Hispanic, and fairly high crime.
South Fort Worth is south of downtown to the 820 loop. This area is mixed African American and Hispanic, and also is fairly high crime.
There are nice parts in south Fort Worth, such as the Fairmount/Magnolia area, Medical District, and the area around TCU. Most of those areas will be out of your price range, with the possible exception of Medical District. But it might be too far to meet your commute requirement.
The area around Hulen Mall also might work for you. It's not as trendy as West 7th, but it is safe and there are lots of places to eat, grocery stores, etc.

Walmart is fine here, although Target is a little classier.

Old 09-12-2018, 08:37 AM

638 posts, read 898,602 times
A lot of the newer apartments in the West 7th and Medical District areas are going to be on the high end of your budget, but if you really are that flexible, you should be able to find something, especially in the Medical District. You might also look into the River District area on White Settlement Road. There are a few new apartment complexes going in that area just to the east of White Settlement and Westworth Village in Fort Worth. The area isn't as far along in revitalization as 7th or the Medical District, but it's starting to pull in a few trendy restaurants and it has some fairly high end single family housing going in as well. As an alternative, there is at least one nice looking complex near the entrance of the reserve base in Westworth Village. It is definitely not as trendy an area, but it might give you more for your money and is close for commute and close to a large shopping area.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:14 AM

1,053 posts, read 1,410,982 times
I don't know anything about the apartment complex, but I drove by this area and thought it looked promising due to its proximity to the Trinity River and its trails as well as a few restaurants, etc. Area looked safe and is likely less expensive than W 7th.

Elan River District Apartments, on White Settlement Road.

Old 09-12-2018, 11:30 AM

155 posts, read 116,995 times
While there are some "nicer" areas of White Settlement. I would not want to live there. Stay far away from anything in Como, Sansom Park, and areas around Las Vegas Trail.

If you want to be able to walk from you apartment to bars and restaurants, really your only option is West 7th or Magnolia Street. Those will probably be above your budget.

I used to live in The Canyons apartments off a street called River Park Drive. A short road in between Bryant Irving Rd. and Highway 183 in the southwest quadrant of the city. It has alot of nice apartment complexes, is in a quite area, really close to the trendy areas (West 7th Street, Hospital District, Camp Bowie Drive) but just far enough away that you wont pay the high prices, mainly populated by younger working professionals.

Also check out some apartments near TCU called The Berkeley - a little more expensive and farther away but very nice.

Old 09-12-2018, 02:26 PM

1,727 posts, read 908,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas71 View Post

I’d appreciate anyone’s recommendation on which areas to avoid while I’m apartment hunting in 3 months.
Because I’m female I’d like to be in a nice area where I feel completely safe since I’ll be living alone.

Commute would be to White Settlement so anything within a 20 minute drive is what I’m looking for. My budget is between $800-$1400.
A decent Target/Super Target around would be perfect. (Where I’m from Target is where you go to & Walmart is what you avoid... if this isn’t the case for FT please let me know)

Be sure to look at Crestwood Place Apartments at 3900 White Settlement Road in Fort Worth. They are situated between the Monticello and Crestwood areas which are very nice neighborhoods. The apartments themselves aren't "modern" as they were built in 1939 and "newer" buildings in 1986, but they are well-kept and maintained and sit on a large grassy green shaded by large trees. No pool but there is a dog park. Pets are welcome. They don't have granite counter tops or stainless appliances, but is safe and QUIET. The tenants are a mix of professionals, grad students, retired people and a few (very few) young families. I know older properties aren't everyone's cup of tea but you owe it to yourself to take a look. Rents are within your parameters.

It is 10 minutes or less to a Super Target, the West 7th area and downtown Fort Worth. You can easily be anywhere in White Settlement within 20 minutes. There is a second Target on your way to White Settlement as well as a nice Walmart.

Feel free to DM me if you'd like to know anything else.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:30 AM

177 posts, read 273,935 times
Check out the Cinwood areas. I hear it’s trending and gentrifing

Old 10-03-2018, 08:32 PM

4,114 posts, read 2,395,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Am_Legend View Post
Check out the Cinwood areas. I hear it’s trending and gentrifing
Did you mean Linwood?

Old 10-12-2018, 03:56 AM

35 posts, read 13,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas71 View Post

I will tell you right now to avoid anything managed by wehner multifamily, LLC - they run several apartment complexes and are quite shoddy. That said, Primavera Apartments up on E. Berry St. is definitely a place to stay away from. Too much gang related crime going on. They H=have had several shootings in the last few months out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth