U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2008, 09:30 AM

31 posts, read 119,395 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me the good and the bad about this subdivision. I did a search by zip codes and this subdivision has a ton of houses in my price range that are absolutely beautiful.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 03:51 PM

2 posts, read 21,158 times
I don't live there, yet... We just bought a house in Park Glen and will be moving next month. From what we saw, and everyone we talked to, it is a very nice place to live. We loved it, and the mature landscaping in the older areas with the tree lined streets, etc... was great.

We really loved the area, it was Keller ISD which we wanted, great parks, and when we drove through the area at night it was nothing but familys out with the kids or walking dogs... Really nice. I will warn you, some of the realtors listing properties in that area are magicians with the camera. We had the house of our dreams picked out, and when we actually looked, it was not so well maintained.

For the most part, they have a pretty active HOA with lots of activities and they seem to do a good job of keeping things looking nice.

There is a good website for the neighborhood.
parkglen dot org.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:50 PM

31 posts, read 119,395 times
Thanks backbeat21 the houses look amazing in this subdivision. One inparticular that has a pool looks like the one we would love. The price is very low so I'm keeping my expectations low on it though. Is Parkwood in Park Glen?

Old 04-03-2008, 05:58 PM

2 posts, read 21,158 times
not sure, There are many phases to Park Glen, so there are some areas that are beautiful trea lined streets with mature landscaping, and then there are some equally nice but newer areas. The newer areas lack the trees, but a lot of the houses have very nice outdoor lighting that looks really nice when driving through at night...

We really liked the trees, and bought in the older area.

I'm not exactly sure, but I believe Parkwood is a seperate area, but if I remember correctly, it's right across the street.

We were just down there last week looking, that's when we made the offer on ours, we may have looked at the one you like, I'd be happy to tell you what we thought if you want. We looked at everyone in parkglen with a pool, under $200k and many without.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:29 PM

68 posts, read 212,928 times
Default Park Glen

I would not rule out NEW homes. Energy efficiency rating in the late 90's are far inferior to the newer homes. You could save $100 or more a month on an Energy-star home. You would be surprised at how many builders are helping with closing costs etc...if the home is under 271K..you might get in with little to no out of pocket.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:03 PM

3 posts, read 27,636 times
Default My Opinion Of Park Glen

I live in Park Glen, so my opinion is based on my experience of living here for nearly 5 years. Frankly, I love living here. Yes, there are rules. And the rules get enforced. When everyone abides by the rules, the area remains well cared for and I am proud of where I live. If you want to know what happens in a housing development where either there are no rules or the rules are not enforced, take a slow drive on Basswood, heading towards North Beach...

Park Glen enforces rules like: 'the park is closed when the sun sets' and 'put your trash cans away' and 'mow your yard' and they strictly enforce having control over the changes of the outside of the houses. They also hire off duty police to patrol the neighborhoods. The result is an attractive and neighborly place to live.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:00 AM

12 posts, read 23,395 times
Park Glen is a GREAT place to live!!! Great location, great schools, great neighbors...what more could you ask for!

Old 12-10-2010, 09:10 PM

339 posts, read 907,535 times
Park Glen is a nice area except for the train. It's loud and backs up traffic for blocks. Other than that, the area is close to shopping and the freeways. Not sure which school district it's in. Keller ISD - good. FW ISD - bad.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:43 AM

3 posts, read 27,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW transplant View Post
Park Glen is a nice area except for the train. It's loud and backs up traffic for blocks. Other than that, the area is close to shopping and the freeways. Not sure which school district it's in. Keller ISD - good. FW ISD - bad.
You are absolutely right about the train, no argument there.

The ISD is Keller ISD.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:11 PM

21 posts, read 89,398 times
Just curios if anyone in Park Glen saw the police, fire truck and ambulance in the neighborhood the other day?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth