U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 06-05-2019, 01:46 PM
 
10 posts, read 12,355 times
Reputation: 25

Advertisements

A word of advice if you're moving to the Keller area... If you can, move to the east of 377. The schools that feed into Keller High are typically better than those on the west side of 377. Most of what is west of 377 is actually Ft Worth even though a lot is in Keller ISD.. But, it also depends upon where you work as well. I lived Keller ISD but worked in Las Colinas.. we were on the west side of 377. Traffic was getting so bad so we decided to move east of 377. For me, moving 4-5 miles closer to Las Colinas but still in Keller ISD cut off 20 minutes from my commute.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-08-2019, 09:40 AM
 
311 posts, read 440,873 times
Reputation: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lam33gb View Post
A word of advice if you're moving to the Keller area... If you can, move to the east of 377. The schools that feed into Keller High are typically better than those on the west side of 377. Most of what is west of 377 is actually Ft Worth even though a lot is in Keller ISD.. But, it also depends upon where you work as well. I lived Keller ISD but worked in Las Colinas.. we were on the west side of 377. Traffic was getting so bad so we decided to move east of 377. For me, moving 4-5 miles closer to Las Colinas but still in Keller ISD cut off 20 minutes from my commute.


Good advice.


West of 377 is referred to as Faux Keller. Keller ISD, but Ft. Worth city limits. East of 377 is MUCH nicer, although that is reflected in pricing.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2019, 12:33 PM
 
Location: Arlington
242 posts, read 223,341 times
Reputation: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katera View Post
Keller 1000x better then Mansfield, and yes it is more upscale
1000x better than Mansfield LMAO....if you like sitting in traffic and having to make U-turns to get anywhere, then Keller is terrific.

I worked in Keller for a year and the traffic was awful, any time of day or evening. Upscale? Perhaps near where it borders Southlake. Otherwise it's just semi-custom suburbia that you see everywhere else.

They do have a Roscoe's, though, so they got that going for 'em.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2019, 09:44 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
138 posts, read 84,053 times
Reputation: 192
Keller ISD by far.

Ignore the false snobs who whinge about the railway tracks, you cant go anywhere in the metroplex without crossing train tracks, fact of life grow up and shut up. Generally the area is a no horn zone so the train noise is significantly muted. Anyone who lives in this area and works in Las Colinas needs their head examined, Las Colinas is on the other side of Dallas Fort Worth Airport.

If you buy in Fort Worth, the property price is lower but the marginal city tax is higher, Keller itself has a lower property tax rate but the property prices are higher.

If you want a decent sized yard then property built up to about 2005 is the best to look at, after that they went to postage stamp sized lots.

I can get from home just off North Tarrant Parkway, to work in Arlington about 22 miles, crossing the SCARY RAILWAY TRACKS in about 45 minutes for a 23 mile commute.

I can get to Costco, Movies, Alliance Shopping Center, Outlet Mall and many more things WITHOUT crossing the railway tracks.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2019, 01:39 PM
 
Location: In a George Strait Song
6,296 posts, read 4,469,863 times
Reputation: 8777
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiatrails View Post
Keller ISD by far.

Ignore the false snobs who whinge about the railway tracks, you cant go anywhere in the metroplex without crossing train tracks, fact of life grow up and shut up. Generally the area is a no horn zone so the train noise is significantly muted. Anyone who lives in this area and works in Las Colinas needs their head examined, Las Colinas is on the other side of Dallas Fort Worth Airport.

If you buy in Fort Worth, the property price is lower but the marginal city tax is higher, Keller itself has a lower property tax rate but the property prices are higher.

If you want a decent sized yard then property built up to about 2005 is the best to look at, after that they went to postage stamp sized lots.

I can get from home just off North Tarrant Parkway, to work in Arlington about 22 miles, crossing the SCARY RAILWAY TRACKS in about 45 minutes for a 23 mile commute.

I can get to Costco, Movies, Alliance Shopping Center, Outlet Mall and many more things WITHOUT crossing the railway tracks.
I missed the part where anyone was discussing railroad tracks.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2019, 05:42 PM
 
1,178 posts, read 1,965,552 times
Reputation: 1313
I'd be looking at Keller since Mansfield... which is nice, is building more and more and the highways between there and... well, everywhere aren't being built to keep up. I would actually look at Kennedale and Arlington in the Martin HS district or Mansfield school district also. South Arlington is pretty decent. All in all, however I'd be more inclined to choose Keller if the drive is a wash and the higher prices aren't a factor.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2019, 03:48 PM
 
311 posts, read 440,873 times
Reputation: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
I'd be looking at Keller since Mansfield... which is nice, is building more and more and the highways between there and... well, everywhere aren't being built to keep up. I would actually look at Kennedale and Arlington in the Martin HS district or Mansfield school district also. South Arlington is pretty decent. All in all, however I'd be more inclined to choose Keller if the drive is a wash and the higher prices aren't a factor.

Wife use to work in Kennedale many years ago...does it still have all the junk yards? That's what I remember it for.


In reference to the person above who called people snobs for recommending being east of the RR tracks? Let's be VERY CLEAR.....WEST OF THE RR TRACKS IS NOT KELLER....IT IS FT. WORTH.

The original poster was asking about Mansfield vs Keller...not Ft. Worth. Just because west of the tracks uses Keller ISD does not make it the city of Keller. So those of us recommending east of 377 are not just recommending a nice place to live...we are actually recommending Keller!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2019, 05:21 PM
 
Location: Arlington
242 posts, read 223,341 times
Reputation: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katera View Post
Wife use to work in Kennedale many years ago...does it still have all the junk yards? That's what I remember it for.


In reference to the person above who called people snobs for recommending being east of the RR tracks? Let's be VERY CLEAR.....WEST OF THE RR TRACKS IS NOT KELLER....IT IS FT. WORTH.

The original poster was asking about Mansfield vs Keller...not Ft. Worth. Just because west of the tracks uses Keller ISD does not make it the city of Keller. So those of us recommending east of 377 are not just recommending a nice place to live...we are actually recommending Keller!
Considering where they came from, Kennedale has done a SUPERB job of cleaning up!

Yep - junkyards, bars, liquor stores and and so-called "gentleman's clubs" was pretty much what defined the "Kennedale Experience".

Those are long gone.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top