U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 12:23 PM

42 posts, read 25,141 times

Advertisements

IMO, the houses in Viridian are overpriced and that place is over-hyped.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2018, 04:49 PM

1,995 posts, read 1,236,209 times
Honestly, whether Viridian is a good deal for you depends on how much you'll use all of the amenities that are supposedly available to you. If your kids will use the pools all the time when they're open and you're really into sailing then perhaps it's a good choice for you. If you're moving here from out of town the community events offered might be a good way to connect with your neighbors and plug into your new community.

Old 12-05-2018, 02:32 PM

11 posts, read 12,446 times
It also depends on what you're comparing to. Homes with 3-4 bedrooms, built in the mid 90's, in my neighborhood are selling for $220-$280k. A comparable home built in Viridian for $320k (plus HOA) seems pretty reasonable to me.

But yeah, how many of the amenities you plan on using will definitely change how good of a deal it is for you. Having easy access to River Legacy and the elementary school there in the community were two big bonuses for us.

And while there is a significant discount on the sailing club stuff, it's definitely not included with HOA.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:09 AM

1,995 posts, read 1,236,209 times
I wasn't necessarily talking about the cost of the sailing club; I was talking about the convenience. If you're really into that type of sailing it must be wonderful to be able to walk to a sailboat that you don't have to maintain. There's not a lot of places in DFW that offer that amenity especially with easy access to both downtowns.

Old 12-06-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadof2husbandof1 View Post
It also depends on what you're comparing to. Homes with 3-4 bedrooms, built in the mid 90's, in my neighborhood are selling for $220-$280k. A comparable home built in Viridian for $320k (plus HOA) seems pretty reasonable to me.

But yeah, how many of the amenities you plan on using will definitely change how good of a deal it is for you. Having easy access to River Legacy and the elementary school there in the community were two big bonuses for us.

And while there is a significant discount on the sailing club stuff, it's definitely not included with HOA.
The cheapest house in there is $300k and that's a townhouse <2000sqft. If you want a house is going to be at least $350K and it's small. Not only that, you have to factor in $1k HOA which is not cheap. Might as well go find a house in Grapevine, Euless and bunch of other nice places if you're going to pay for some of their asking prices.

Someone asked why are they dumping money in this location? Answer is simple, they are capitalists. Without a doubt that they are definitely over-hyping this area.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:32 PM

I'm not sure where you're looking, but I didn't do an exhaustive search by any means and immediately found homes cheaper than that.

There's a 2br 2.5ba townhome for $275k and a 3br 2ba home for $315k in Viridian right now, each with 2 garage spaces. (Didn't link because I believe that would violate terms of the forum or make me look like a sales person)

Currently, they're selling 10 year old townhomes in Euless (76040) for $240k with the same amount of space. But those townhomes have zero access to parks, are only 1 garage space, and have literally no side walks - so you get people walking down the streets at all times of the day. I know because that's where we rented before we bought our current home. And I would hate living somewhere like that now with young kids - it's too dangerous for them.

And you may see these as small homes, but I'm comparing apples to apples. For $350k or $380, you can get well over 2000sqft, closer to 2600-2800sqft.

So, I'm not sure if you're actually actively looking or just being facetious. You can obviously find more expensive ones there too though. But I'm not trying to argue whether it's worth it to you or not, obviously that's a personal decision. Just trying to keep these numbers realistic.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure where you're looking, but I didn't do an exhaustive search by any means and immediately found homes cheaper than that.

There's a 2br 2.5ba townhome for $275k and a 3br 2ba home for $315k in Viridian right now, each with 2 garage spaces. (Didn't link because I believe that would violate terms of the forum or make me look like a sales person)

Currently, they're selling 10 year old townhomes in Euless (76040) for $240k with the same amount of space. But those townhomes have zero access to parks, are only 1 garage space, and have literally no side walks - so you get people walking down the streets at all times of the day. I know because that's where we rented before we bought our current home. And I would hate living somewhere like that now with young kids - it's too dangerous for them.

And you may see these as small homes, but I'm comparing apples to apples. For $350k or $380, you can get well over 2000sqft, closer to 2600-2800sqft.

So, I'm not sure if you're actually actively looking or just being facetious. You can obviously find more expensive ones there too though. But I'm not trying to argue whether it's worth it to you or not, obviously that's a personal decision. Just trying to keep these numbers realistic.
LOL... I think you're the facetious one here and I still think someone in this thread is working for Viridian.
The link below shows cheapest to highest and cheapest is $299,500 for a 1943 sqft townhome and $308K for a 1700 sqft house. These homes are small and drive way is almost non existence. Not only that but they have garage alley which is bad and dangerous, IMO.

If I had to pay for these prices I rather live in Grapevine though the homes are older, but I know they have better schools and Grapevine is safer, IMO. HEB middle schools aren't great to begin with.

I also believe the prices in Viridian will depreciate.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...e-price-bubble

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...78_rect/13_zm/

Last edited by tonie972; 12-06-2018 at 03:06 PM..

Old 12-06-2018, 04:08 PM

Ah, I see. I guess Zillow isn't the best place to look for new homes.

The townhome I was referencing is only 1,470sqft, so it's definitely too small for my family, and apparently yours too. But $308k for a house is very different from "at least $350k", which is where you started.

I'm not as familiar with Grapevine, so I can't comment there. My wife just wasn't willing to move too far from where we live now. We all love the area, so it's right for us. And again we've got a kid graduating next year from HEB and a great, dedicated HEB teacher in our neighborhood, so I can say first hand that it's a great ISD.

Like several people have said, if you appreciate the amenities - it may be worth it to you. Or not, lol.
I'm just providing info, not trying to argue. I'm just hoping those that disagree can add something more informative than "meh, it costs money". lol. It won't help me, but if you know of somewhere with comparable amenities and lower price, feel free to share to help others that may find this thread eventually.

Again, or not.

Old 12-06-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Ah, I see. I guess Zillow isn't the best place to look for new homes.

The townhome I was referencing is only 1,470sqft, so it's definitely too small for my family, and apparently yours too. But $308k for a house is very different from "at least $350k", which is where you started.

I'm not as familiar with Grapevine, so I can't comment there. My wife just wasn't willing to move too far from where we live now. We all love the area, so it's right for us. And again we've got a kid graduating next year from HEB and a great, dedicated HEB teacher in our neighborhood, so I can say first hand that it's a great ISD.

Like several people have said, if you appreciate the amenities - it may be worth it to you. Or not, lol.
I'm just providing info, not trying to argue. I'm just hoping those that disagree can add something more informative than "meh, it costs money". lol. It won't help me, but if you know of somewhere with comparable amenities and lower price, feel free to share to help others that may find this thread eventually.

Again, or not.

$350K for a decent size home, but still small for what you get and almost no yard. The HOA is ridiculously expensive at $1000 a year and more for townhouses.

If you think it's worth it to you then by all means. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 12-06-2018, 05:21 PM

318 posts, read 267,126 times
Looked there almost considered it. Ended up getting a older 3/2 witha study and 2 living rooms zinged to good elementary through high onnthe edge of Colleyville after putting in offers for months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth