U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 12:26 AM

11 posts, read 8,817 times

Advertisements

There were a lot of issues when Viridian was being developed and there are several lawsuits going on now over foundation and drainage issues. I have never understood why people even consider a place like Viridian knowing what the terrain was like before and how much earthwork was required to make the area suitable for home building.

Last edited by TS_Grapevine; 12-14-2018 at 12:37 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2019, 09:40 AM

11 posts, read 12,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS_Grapevine View Post
There were a lot of issues when Viridian was being developed and there are several lawsuits going on now over foundation and drainage issues...
Does anyone have any actual proof of these "several lawsuits"? I've heard this mentioned a couple times on here, but I don't think it's accurate. I can't find anything regarding class action suits or any lawsuits against them in general. How do you know this?

The reason I'm asking is because I've now spoken with 2 current residents that have been there for more than 4 years - and they both said they love it and had no complaints. And neither had heard anything about foundation issues or lawsuits.

If this is actually happening, I'd love to find more information on it before I get to closing in a few months. So far, I haven't seen anything concrete (no pun intended) about foundation issues nor lawsuits, so I'm thinking these are just false rumors.

Old 01-02-2019, 12:49 PM

637 posts, read 897,088 times
Most of the negative feedback I've seen on here about Viridian is hyperbolic with zero basis in reality. "I drive down 157 once every 2 weeks and I smelled the landfill and saw a strip club" does not paint an accurate picture. Like I said earlier in the thread, Viridian is one of the fastest growing developments in the state. That wouldn't be happening at those prices if it is the hell hole that some people seem to want everyone to think it is.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:55 PM

11 posts, read 12,446 times
Default Update after 15 months as a home owner

I forgot all about this post until someone found it and messaged me asking for my opinion. So I'll share my edited response to him here since the original post was asking for home owner's opinions and we only got opinions from people that didn't live here (or didn't live here yet!).

---------------

Man, I love this community. I'm sincerely not sure what it is that makes SOME people hate the thought of Viridian so much. I get that it USED to be just dirt, water, and mud across from a landfill. I do get that, but the developers and the city of Arlington put millions into building it up starting back over 8 years ago, and they haven't stopped to this day.

They're constantly building new parks (one pops up every 6 months or so) as they're building out the new neighborhoods. The houses are beautiful, the people are friendly, the HOA manages well, there are community events every couple weeks (my daughter LOVED camping in our tent last year in one of the bigger parks and watching Dumbo projected on a big screen), we've got 7 pools with more to come at the new community center, we've got a beach, tennis courts, the lake, boat, kayak and paddle board rentals, we're minutes from where the Cowboys and the Rangers play, we're located directly in the middle of Dallas and Fort Worth, we're a few minutes from the train which will take you to either city (I took it to Dallas twice a week for work before the virus came), we're next to 183 and 360 freeways, minutes from DFW airport, we're minutes from 2 large grocery stores and 15+ fast food places, there's a day care and elementary school here in the community, the HEB school district is diverse and consistently gets great ratings (my step son is graduating from HEB this week ), we've got amazing access to River Legacy Park and it's 10 miles of paved walking/biking trails and 13+ miles of off-road walking/biking trails.

If you like to get out and do things, this is the place. My family LOVES it. People are currently online complaining about being stuck home due to Covid-19, psssh, I'm sincerely enjoying every minute of working from and staying home! This past weekend I did 28 miles on my bike straight from my garage through River Legacy Park.

But now, I will say that after living here for a bit over a year, I have definitely driven by the front and smelled the landfill maybe 5 times. But it's only on that main street and in all honesty, that would've happened whether I lived here or not since I was heading South down that street into Arlington. We live in the "back" of Viridian which is about 2 miles from the landfill, so we NEVER EVER smell it from our house or when out and about in the community and we enter through the 2 back entrances off Trinity. That said, I personally wouldn't consider getting a property in the first couple blocks of Viridian, at least until the smell is completely resolved (not even sure how that'd happen). It does *look* better now that they capped the entire East side and began growing grass and planting trees on it. ...Just making sure I give the full pros and cons.

But I've met several people here (my new next door neighbors even) that are now in their 2nd or 3rd Viridian home. That says a lot to me that people make a profit off their home and then buy another in the same community. Even the people that choose to move out have nothing but nice things to say about it.

So yeah, I absolutely recommend it and honestly can't tell you anywhere else I'd prefer to live at the moment. It's perfect for us and I love literally every second of it. I'm so glad that we bought when we did (our home's model is now listed $22k higher than when we built) and homes near the new community center and Storm Park are going pretty quick -- especially those under $500k. They just started building the home across the street from me and every house on that block is $600k+ (out of my price range for now!).

Anyway, there's finally an actual home owner's opinion. If anyone has any specific questions -- feel free to ask.

Oh and if you haven't heard -- DFW is in the process of completing a 64 MILE bike trail that goes all the way from Fort Worth to Dallas. And yup, we're right in the middle of it with access through River Legacy Park!
https://www.nctcog.org/nctcg/media/T...ion_112719.pdf
https://www.nctcog.org/trans/plan/bi...regional-trail

Old 05-29-2020, 07:17 PM

242 posts, read 222,455 times
Great post, glad to hear it's worked out well! It is a very nice area and sounds like a great place to live!

Old 05-29-2020, 07:57 PM

6,761 posts, read 5,611,182 times
So happy its gone well. I am a fan of the area. Have considered buying a place in there for my trips to DFW, and selling my condo.

Old 05-30-2020, 12:31 PM

1,995 posts, read 1,236,209 times
We would have considered Viridian but we need something much further west. I wish there was a community like it near where we live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth