U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 12:00 PM

1,049 posts, read 1,339,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I worked downtown Fort Worth for 30 years, and can say with some authority that there is not secure long-term parking within a several block radius of either downtown train station.
I don't understand why anyone would expect that there WOULD be. It is downtown, an inherently busy place where every square inch holds a much higher value than anywhere else in the surrounding metro area. In many urban centers in the world one can't even drive downtown. Only taxis and buses are allowed. Why anyone would think to park their automobile there long term is mind boggling to me.

Quote:
From my one round-trip on the TexRail to DFW and back, I did not see any evidence of secure long-term parking at the other stations between downtown and DFW.

On their webpage TexRail states that they recognize the problem concerning long-term parking, and are looking into it. Of course, any solution is several years away, at best.
I would guess they could resolve the problem in a matter of weeks or, at most, months, not years if there is a demand for it and they realize that the demand exists (and can earn them money).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 01:41 PM
JJG

13,382 posts, read 19,769,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campeador View Post
I don't understand why anyone would expect that there WOULD be. It is downtown, an inherently busy place where every square inch holds a much higher value than anywhere else in the surrounding metro area. In many urban centers in the world one can't even drive downtown. Only taxis and buses are allowed. Why anyone would think to park their automobile there long term is mind boggling to me.
To be fair, that's the mentality of a person who grew up in a car-centric area... which is what MOST of Texas is.

So I don't blame the previous poster for assuming that, since we don't really see much promotion of urbanism. At least, not compared to most major cities.

Old 02-19-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
To be fair, that's the mentality of a person who grew up in a car-centric area... which is what MOST of Texas is.

So I don't blame the previous poster for assuming that, since we don't really see much promotion of urbanism. At least, not compared to most major cities.
Thanks for your post. That isn't lost on me, though it is frustrating at times!

Old 02-19-2019, 02:22 PM
JJG

13,382 posts, read 19,769,821 times
Quote:
Thanks for your post. That isn't lost on me, though it is frustrating at times!
Trust me... I know the feelin'..

Old 02-20-2019, 04:47 PM

10,898 posts, read 6,559,940 times
Quote:

I would guess they could resolve the problem in a matter of weeks or, at most, months, not years if there is a demand for it and they realize that the demand exists (and can earn them money).

There is long-term parking in downtown Fort Worth. I noted that such parking garages require a month to month lease.

Such garages cater to the rising number of people that live downtown.

Old 02-20-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
There is long-term parking in downtown Fort Worth. I noted that such parking garages require a month to month lease.

Such garages cater to the rising number of people that live downtown.
Right, but that really isn't a good fit for folks looking to use TexRail to get to DFW, which is what this thread is about.

Old 02-23-2019, 07:43 PM

10,898 posts, read 6,559,940 times
Quote:
Right, but that really isn't a good fit for folks looking to use TexRail to get to DFW, which is what this thread is about.

Go back and read my remarks. You seem to be ignoring my previous postings.

Old 02-24-2019, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Go back and read my remarks. You seem to be ignoring my previous postings.
I have read your posts in this thread again, and don't see anything that I overlooked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or