Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 10:15 AM

18 posts, read 31,394 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! My daughter was admitted by FWCD and we have not applied to TVS. She is active and eager to learn more. Which one will be the better choice for elementary school period?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 02:51 PM

2,511 posts, read 2,215,003 times
TVS is Trinity Valley School. You mentioned Tanglewood in the header. I’m confused. Right now Tanglewood is overcrowded so from what I understand they’re opening up an overflow school in the Chisholm Trail area plus possibly rezoning some kids to a third school. Before you assume your child will stay at Tanglewood through elementary school I’d call the district office and Tanglewood to find out what’s going on.

As for TVS, it’s awfully late to apply. We started applying to 7th grade at FWCD last week and we are very late in the process. I’d call now and see if it’s too late.

Old 02-19-2019, 07:59 PM

Thanks for the information tcualum! We haven't apply for Trinity Valley as the test time was conflict with another school.

I heard about it is so crowed for Tanglewood. I thought they already rezoned some kids near I20 and hulen to another elementary. I will call them to know more about it.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:18 PM

197 posts, read 229,276 times
I don’t even think that construction on the new Tanglewood “reliever” school has even started yet, either. That said, Tanglewood is pretty good (aside from the overcrowding it is one of the best academically-performing public elementary schools in Tarrant County) and would save you money in the elementary years, but the overcrowding just goes to show that the school is a victim of its own success. FWCD would be better if you don’t have a particular desire to have a larger savings account (such as for college), though.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:04 AM

You don't have to test separately for TVS. TVS, FWCD, FWA and All Saint's are in a consortium. If you test at one you can choose to share your test scores with other consortium members. We have a 2nd grader at FWA and we have a 6th grader at another small school for gifted students. We're currently applying to FWCD for our 6th grader.

I have friends who are quite happy at Tanglewood and who consider buying a home there worth the Tanglewood premium. I also know Tanglewood parents who moved their kids midyear to FWA because they felt that their quiet, compliant kids were getting lost in the shuffle.

Old 02-22-2019, 06:31 PM

Thanks for your reply! Although the test result is shared, the group observation need to be done separately which is in conflict with the time for group observation of Greenhill. I have declined FWCD as their decision due today for k. We have Greenhill and ESD pending until March 8. Looks like if she could not get into any of these two, Tanglewood will be a good choice for us as my daughter is on the very active side. Glad to hear that all could go to the "original" Tanglewood.

Old 02-22-2019, 06:56 PM

Where are you planning to work that you're considering ESD, Greenhill, FWCD, and Tanglewood? I'm from Dallas and now live in Fort Worth. Do you realize how long it takes to drive between those areas?

Old 02-23-2019, 07:28 AM

While if she gets in a school in Dallas, we gonna move to Arlington area, then it will be around 30mins each way. I know the commute it's crazy. We were in Dallas for a few years.

Old 02-23-2019, 08:01 AM

18 posts, read 25,499 times
Just out of curiosity, if you are considering ESD, why not All Saints? I would understand if you didn’t want to go to a faith based school, but All Saints and ESD are nearly identical experiences given that they are in different cities.

Old 02-24-2019, 11:49 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,295,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liblemon View Post
While if she gets in a school in Dallas, we gonna move to Arlington area, then it will be around 30mins each way. I know the commute it's crazy. We were in Dallas for a few years.
I get applying to Greenhill since it has a unique position in the DFW private school landscape, but applying to ESD and not to All Saints makes zero logical sense. ESD is nothing special (academically comparable to All Saints & FWCD) and about 30% more expensive. Unless you really want your kids in class with Jerry Jones’ grandkids for social connections, I wouldn’t be driving to Dallas from Arlington (with jobs in FW??) for the “privilege” of attending ESD.

Calling ESD “nothing special” isn’t a knock on All Saints or FWCD at all....I just mean it’s not special enough to be driving all over creation and paying 30% more than equally good schools in FW where your daughter’s classmates will also live.

Greenhill and Hockaday are legit schools to commute to education is top priority, and of course St Marks for boys. Any other Dallas Private has a good comparable in FW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth