U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2019, 11:27 AM

2 posts, read 1,123 times

Advertisements

I would appreciate any information on this development as well as any information, in general, on Aledo. I am confused as to why multiple homes have a Ft Worth address but show up in Aledo. The area has homes that I would consider for my family but I am concerned about lack of diversity and access restaurants and shopping. Thank you.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2019, 11:25 PM

149 posts, read 115,886 times
I believe Skyline Ranch is off of RM 2871, just north of Benbrook. The only reason I would see a mix-up with Aledo at that location is because of a street called Aledo Road just across the train tracks to the north of the development. Ventana is just across 2871 from there. Neither are in an area that I would consider to be "Aledo," as they are in Fort Worth city limits just adjacent to Benbrook.

Many homes listed as "Aledo" are in Aledo ISD, but not Aledo proper; instead they may be within Fort Worth city limits or unincorporated Parker County (and a small sliver of SW Tarrant) but have Aledo schools. Skyline Ranch does not even meet that criteria, since school district-wise it is within the Benbrook feeder pattern (Westpark ES-Benbrook MHS) of Fort Worth ISD.

If you're looking for Aledo area specifically you would need to look further west. As examples, you can into Walsh or Morningstar (Fort Worth city limits but Aledo schools for both). If diversity and access to amenities is important, then look closer in to Fort Worth. If you have kids I can understand wanting good schools, but there are a few areas worth considering even in the Fort Worth ISD (and not just Benbrook and Paschal). You could look into those areas which feed into Burton Hill Elementary, North Hi Mount Elementary, and South Hi Mount Elementary (all feed into Stripling Middle School) for instance. The main problem school-wise with this area would have to be Arlington Heights High School, which has some issues, though that area seems okay through the 8th grade. Almost anything that feeds into both McLean Middle School and Paschal High School is worth considering as well (not just Tanglewood but also the Westcliff and Lily B. Clayton zones too), this area would be pretty much okay through high school. While Fairmount (which seems to be the type of neighborhood that would foster diversity and is a liberal enclave if you're into that kind of thing) and Ryan Place are also in the Paschal zone, the elementary and middle schools they feed into leave much to be desired -- unless you get into Daggett Montessori, so unless you have only high school kids you should probably look elsewhere.

If you have kids and are looking for diversity, you can definitely continue with Skyline Ranch, and I believe that at least Benbrook Middle-High School is fairly diverse. I'm not as sure about Westpark Elementary's level of diversity though.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth