Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 09:30 AM

18 posts, read 19,572 times

Advertisements

Hi all - I might move to Fort Worth and have been looking at homes in the North-Central area. Specifically around Tarrant & Beach and Tarrant & Park Vista / Ray White. What's your impression of that area? Nice place to live? Crime?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2019, 10:54 AM

160 posts, read 196,124 times
Decent area. Haven't heard of much crime in that area. Lots of shopping/restaurants nearby. Most houses are what I would call starter spec homes. Very basic, every third house looks the same, and on tiny lots. There are a lot of houses packed into that area so it can get very crowded with lots of traffic.

Old 05-15-2019, 03:26 PM

1,447 posts, read 1,484,640 times
That should be pretty decent area from what I know about.
Pretty good schools.
Watch for trains....there are some that are 2miles long just in case you hit the timing wrong.
There are several a day.

Old 05-16-2019, 06:32 PM

1,158 posts, read 959,756 times
Stay away from Summerfields. That area is not that great.

Old 06-01-2019, 01:53 PM

141 posts, read 136,708 times
Not a bad area, get an older home if you want a larger lot. Keller school district is excellent.

As with all areas of the metroplex the commute to work can be interesting.

I live in the area and work in Arlington by the stadiums, 20 mile commute takes me about 45 minutes on average using the toll road part of the way.

Old 06-02-2019, 07:53 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,065,457 times
Without knowing your budget, generally speaking if you can stay east of 377, it is a much nicer area.

All Keller schools are not the same. I would try to get zoned to Keller HS or Timber Crerk HS if you can.

Have you looked in the Alliance area? That is just beautiful--newer developments, and really pretty.

Old 06-04-2019, 06:49 AM

9 posts, read 6,321 times
Not a bad area.. lots of available properties depending on your budget and size needs. HOA's are very popular in that area, all are different. Traffic is a consideration, depending on where you are commuting too..

Old 06-04-2019, 07:05 AM

10 posts, read 15,990 times
I used to live right off of Ray White in the Ray's Pointe neighborhood. I definitely liked it..but it also depends on where you work. If I had to go towards Dallas for work, I'd definitely want to live east of the 377. Plus, the better schools in Keller ISD are typically east of 377 as well.

Old 06-06-2019, 09:30 PM

443 posts, read 1,566,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lam33gb View Post
I used to live right off of Ray White in the Ray's Pointe neighborhood. I definitely liked it..but it also depends on where you work. If I had to go towards Dallas for work, I'd definitely want to live east of the 377. Plus, the better schools in Keller ISD are typically east of 377 as well.

Check out the school ratings in har.com, great schools.com, or niche. We moved from Frisco to Heritage, almost all of Frisco’s schools are rated better than any Keller school, get tired of the east of 377 thing. The difference between Keller central and Keller hs boils down to more white kids. Their test scores are virtually identical with Keller ha having the slight edge. We chose Keller central feeder schools because timber creek is ripe for a number of apartment complexes. And if we’re facing facts, that never bodes well for schools. Ask Richardson or Plano isd. Park Glen and heritage schools are great all the way through to high school. Seems like a solid area that is built out. Makes easier to predict the future of the schools for your kids. Crime is not bad and neighbors are a lot tighter over here in my experience than Collin County.

Old 06-07-2019, 10:05 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,065,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWMike View Post
The difference between Keller central and Keller hs boils down to more white kids. Their test scores are virtually identical with Keller ha having the slight edge.
Keller HS has the advantage in athletics, in everything from basketball to cross country to softball, as well as in band. Central has the better theater department.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth