Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 04:51 AM

7 posts, read 6,178 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. It looks like I’m going to be moving from Ireland to DFW. I want to ask for advice please as to where I could live (I will be renting because I will be on an assignment from Ireland). However, I don’t know the general area placename for where I’m going to be working… so finding it difficult to ask for advice on where would be advisable to live. I think the best way to describe it (without giving the exact address) is as follows ........ It is between President George Bush TPKE S and Highway 360 (this one is closer). Right below it on the map is Tom Landry fwy. Can anybody tell me please what this general area is called? Is it an industrial park? I am looking at areas such as Euless or Bedford online. I’m trying to figure out if that would be a manageable commute…given that I have a 3 1/2-year-old that we need to go to creche and ultimately start school while I am living here. Thanks in advance for all your help 😊🇮🇪✈️🇺🇸
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2019, 07:38 AM

206 posts, read 170,675 times
Sounds like you mean CentrePort Business Park or the business park south of it. I don’t know the name of that one if it’s separate from CentrePort. On a map it looks like it might be called DFW Corporate Park.

Last edited by Cd225; 04-14-2019 at 08:29 AM.. Reason: Typo

Old 04-14-2019, 08:31 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,854,435 times
That’s mostly an industrial area. (I actually work close to there, too.) Euless is very close and has good schools, and there are nice apartments in the area called Bear Creek.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:18 AM

Hi. Thank you both for your replies 😊 Sounds like Euless could be a good area. Where the company is based is further south than DFW corporate Park. It’s close to Avenue J & H E it seems. The sooner I get to go over for a look/see visit to suss things out , the better. Thanks again 👍

Old 04-14-2019, 08:54 PM

2,510 posts, read 2,211,278 times
Do you have a budget for rent? You will also need to budget for a car.

Old 04-15-2019, 12:55 AM

1,447 posts, read 1,484,640 times
There are some apartments around 360 and Trinity. That's north of where you will work. Lots of airline people around that area...you have access to the TRE train that will go to downtown Ft. Worth and Dallas. There is bus service to the airport from there. This area is actually Ft. Worth.

If you have kids you might want to live in Euless or Bedford....more city...more shops, restaurants, schools, parks. and still not too far away from Ave J area.

Old 04-15-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
Do you have a budget for rent? You will also need to budget for a car.
Hi. I think the way it will work is they will try to source options for relatively similar accomodation for what I have here in ireland in a similar type of area. I live in the suburbs of cork city (which is a small drop in the ocean versus the size of Dallas) and I definitely wouldn’t live rurally. I’m 30 mins, with traffic, to work. I’m paying just over €1400 so, as I understand it, they will pay the difference between that and what it will cost for relatively similar circumstances in the Arlington area.

As for the car situation… That is still an unknown for me. I have a car here with the finance having been fully paid off. So for the last year, I am debt free on my car for the first time ever 🎉 there is a mention in the policy of having to cover the cost of a car myself… Either through leasing or through getting a loan through the company and having to pay back within two years. I really wouldn’t be happy having to take on debt again for this move given the upheaval it already means so hoping the assignment won’t fall apart as a result of such a key item for me. All going well over the next few days, I will have clarity on that… Which would be great as I’m really looking forward to moving to Texas. Thanks for your reply

Old 04-15-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamLynn View Post
There are some apartments around 360 and Trinity. That's north of where you will work. Lots of airline people around that area...you have access to the TRE train that will go to downtown Ft. Worth and Dallas. There is bus service to the airport from there. This area is actually Ft. Worth.

If you have kids you might want to live in Euless or Bedford....more city...more shops, restaurants, schools, parks. and still not too far away from Ave J area.

So 360 is a highway/ motorway and Trinity is a place? I live in 4-bed semi detached at the moment. Three bedrooms would be totally fine and I’ve been looking into apartments over there. They look much better than here – much bigger and have great facilities coming with them ... e.g. some with an on-site gym and pool. Honestly, the whole idea of cockroaches is freaking me out given some reviews that I have read. I know I’ll just have to get over it. Otherwise, really excited to get home hunting. I agree on Euless & Bedford. They seem like lovely areas- affordable but safe. Central but not big city.

My 3.5 year old will need to go to the equivalent of a creche full-time. Some sort of day care that includes a pre-school or Montessori element daily. He is due to start school when he is five so I will need to ensure that he is in a feeder for a good school. Elementary school I think is what he will start first.

I have so much to learn .....

Thank you for your reply.

Old 04-15-2019, 05:43 PM

206 posts, read 170,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive Irishgirl View Post
So 360 is a highway/ motorway and Trinity is a place?
360 is indeed a highway. Trinity must have been a reference to Trinity Blvd.

Old 04-15-2019, 05:53 PM

2,510 posts, read 2,211,278 times
FYI....

Any school here can call itself a "Montessori" school without actually adhering to Montessori principles. You want to make sure the schools are fully accredited by (they aren't just dues paying members) and the teachers are certified by either AMS (American Montessori Society) or AMI (American Montessori International).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth