U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2019, 10:00 PM

3 posts, read 1,884 times

Advertisements

Hello, I live in East Fort Worth on the edge of Arlington. I am really annoyed with the trash pickup compared to other cities I've lived in when compared to other cities such as Euless, Grapevine, and Bedford. My trash hasn't been picked up for the past month. I've had the same 3 bags of trash sitting in my can, and every week I put it out and it isn't picked up. I called code compliance and filed a complaint after I saw it hadn't been picked up yet again. I was told to put my trash back out and they'll have until 7pm to pick it up. Well I just checked and oddly the lid was lifted off the trash can and the trash remained. I'll be calling again tomorrow to see what they tell me but I was told my bill is up to date, I don't owe anything, and there is nothing on file indicating I've done something wrong. I've been living at this residence for the past 3 years and I am really started to get irritated with the trash pickup. Has anyone else had any kind of issue with the trash not being picked up, and how does Fort Worth's trash pickup compare to other cities you've lived in? I really wish it was like Grapevine where I could put out 14 large black bags of trash twice a week and they would always pick it up with no fuss. Fort Worth though? The same two white 13 gallon bags of trash have been sitting in my can for a month. I've started actually hauling my trash over to my mother's house so I can put it out since it has been piling up. Honestly I can't wait to move and although this is such a small thing it makes such a large difference when you're renovating a property and you generate a lot of trash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2019, 10:44 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,339,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser1500 View Post
Hello, I live in East Fort Worth on the edge of Arlington. I am really annoyed with the trash pickup compared to other cities I've lived in when compared to other cities such as Euless, Grapevine, and Bedford. My trash hasn't been picked up for the past month. I've had the same 3 bags of trash sitting in my can, and every week I put it out and it isn't picked up. I called code compliance and filed a complaint after I saw it hadn't been picked up yet again. I was told to put my trash back out and they'll have until 7pm to pick it up. Well I just checked and oddly the lid was lifted off the trash can and the trash remained. I'll be calling again tomorrow to see what they tell me but I was told my bill is up to date, I don't owe anything, and there is nothing on file indicating I've done something wrong. I've been living at this residence for the past 3 years and I am really started to get irritated with the trash pickup. Has anyone else had any kind of issue with the trash not being picked up, and how does Fort Worth's trash pickup compare to other cities you've lived in? I really wish it was like Grapevine where I could put out 14 large black bags of trash twice a week and they would always pick it up with no fuss. Fort Worth though? The same two white 13 gallon bags of trash have been sitting in my can for a month. I've started actually hauling my trash over to my mother's house so I can put it out since it has been piling up. Honestly I can't wait to move and although this is such a small thing it makes such a large difference when you're renovating a property and you generate a lot of trash.
I've had issues once in a while, but they are always resolved quickly with a call to the city. I've found them to be reasonable. The collectors are very rigid about the rules, however, and this might be where you're getting your problems. The lids have to be able to close fully, otherwise they will not pick it up.

If you've met those (and other) requirements, I'd call in and insist on speaking to a supervisor to get appropriate assistance.

Solid Waste Services | City of Fort Worth, Texas

If you need to, you can always visit the waste facilities. The one just south of I 20 and west of I 35 is well-run.

Old 04-19-2019, 05:14 PM

3 posts, read 1,884 times
Thank you, I called again today and essentially the trash company has until Monday to pick it up or they'll be fined. I mean it is literally two 13 gallon kitchen trash bags half full. I checked to make sure the bags weren't getting stuck, so I tipped it over and they fell out easily. Hopefully it gets resolved by Monday. Until then my neighbors will be complaining I've let my trash bin out for nearly a week, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or