U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-07-2019, 03:59 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
48 posts, read 22,450 times
Reputation: 12

Advertisements

Here's the first one, off of Crowley Plover Rd (A.K.A. FM 1187) @ Bus Rite 1187

Places:
-H-E-B
-Dollar General
-Papa John's or Little Caesars
-Sherwin-Williams
-MetroPCS
-Shipley Do-Nuts
-In-N-Out Burger
-Dairy Queen
-Wells Fargo
-Mattress Firm or Mattress1One
-a independent small property or 2 (barber shop, beauty salon, etc.)

And here's the second, off of Altamesa Blvd @ Village Pkwy

-H-E-B
-Dollar General
-Domino's
-Sherwin-Williams
-MetroPCS
-O'Reilly Auto Parts
-Walgreens
-Bahama Bucks
-Jack in the Box
-Bank of America ATM

what do you think of my two ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-07-2019, 09:13 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, TX
1,771 posts, read 1,014,589 times
Reputation: 2533
That doesn't help me. I want an HEB near me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2019, 06:13 AM
 
4,430 posts, read 7,476,397 times
Reputation: 2558
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
That doesn't help me. I want an HEB near me.
I know right. I don’t understand why they haven’t expanded into the DFW market outside of a few outskirt locations and it’s a Texas company on top of that. It’s weird HEB doesn’t have a footprint in the states largest market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2019, 10:42 AM
 
Location: Bedford
609 posts, read 838,577 times
Reputation: 750
It's a matter of balancing the number of stores with the reach of their distribution network. They've purchased property in the area and it's just a matter of time before their pieces fall into place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2019, 11:38 AM
 
Location: Houston, TX
48 posts, read 22,450 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303 View Post
It's a matter of balancing the number of stores with the reach of their distribution network. They've purchased property in the area and it's just a matter of time before their pieces fall into place.
true, but then again, the same applies to stuff like Target, AutoZone, Walgreens, CVS, McDonalds, Little Caesars, Papa John's, Dominos, Sherwin-Williams, Chicken Express and In-N-Out Burger

the difference is that all (but In-N-Out Burger, QuikTrip, McDonalds, Walgreens and CVS) have trucks w/sleepers in them for long-haul transports for the drivers to sleep in when they're tired and/or sleepy.
And as for McDonalds, Walgreens and CVS, they all have distribution centers in Houston too, its just that they only do long-hauls for Austin, San Antonio and medium (or smaller) cities such as Corpus Christi, RGV (let alone, McAllen, Harlingen and Brownsville) and the Tyler-Longview-Marshall area, just to name a few as well as states that don't have one like Louisiana, Arkansas and Oklahoma.

also, In-N-Out Burger and QuikTrip are both more common in the DFW area than here in Austin and San Antonio (and Houston in In-N-Out's case), so its not as much of a big deal, same with Chicken Express, eventhough they have sleepers in their trucks too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2019, 04:05 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, TX
1,771 posts, read 1,014,589 times
Reputation: 2533
Where I live is perfect for an HEB assuming it's close enough to a distribution center. It's a rapidly growing middle-class area with only a Wal Mart Neighborhood Market nearby. A lot of people I know (myself included) drive out of our neighborhood to grocery shop because we want better quality and a better selection than we can get at a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market. There's also land available that's perfect for such a development.

Last edited by tcualum; 05-08-2019 at 04:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2019, 04:12 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
48 posts, read 22,450 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryBox2001 View Post
true, but then again, the same applies to stuff like Target, AutoZone, Walgreens, CVS, McDonalds, Little Caesars, Papa John's, Dominos, Sherwin-Williams, Chicken Express and In-N-Out Burger

the difference is that all (but In-N-Out Burger, QuikTrip, McDonalds, Walgreens and CVS) have trucks w/sleepers in them for long-haul transports for the drivers to sleep in when they're tired and/or sleepy.
And as for McDonalds, Walgreens and CVS, they all have distribution centers in Houston too, its just that they only do long-hauls for Austin, San Antonio and medium (or smaller) cities such as Corpus Christi, RGV (let alone, McAllen, Harlingen and Brownsville) and the Tyler-Longview-Marshall area, just to name a few as well as states that don't have one like Louisiana, Arkansas and Oklahoma.

also, In-N-Out Burger and QuikTrip are both more common in the DFW area than here in Austin and San Antonio (and Houston in In-N-Out's case), so its not as much of a big deal, same with Chicken Express, eventhough they have sleepers in their trucks too.
Family Dollar and Dollar General too, i forgot to mention

EDIT: Little Caesars also has a distribution center in Houston too, whiling Dollar General has 2 (one in San Antonio, the other in Longview)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2019, 05:06 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, TX
149 posts, read 115,734 times
Reputation: 295
I don’t know if it’s a distribution problem. Central Market is owned by H-E-B and I see H-E-B-marked trucks making deliveries to the CM in Fort Worth all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2019, 07:07 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, TX
1,771 posts, read 1,014,589 times
Reputation: 2533
I read that HEB thought the DFW grocery store market is saturated. That's why I suggested where I live because it's one of the few areas that's currently underserved. I'm tired of taking a toll road to get to a good grocery store
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2019, 11:23 AM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,383 posts, read 19,774,963 times
Reputation: 7201
Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryBox2001 View Post
And here's the second, off of Altamesa Blvd @ Village Pkwy

-H-E-B
-Dollar General
-Domino's
-Sherwin-Williams
-MetroPCS
-O'Reilly Auto Parts
-Walgreens
-Bahama Bucks
-Jack in the Box
-Bank of America ATM

what do you think of my two ideas?
Funny you have one for Altamesa because there have been talks, rumors, and demands to turn the abandoned Sack N Save on the corner of Altamesa & McCart into an H-E-B since it closed...

As of now, the only H-E-B we have in Ft. Worth is Central Market. But that's essentially a Whole Foods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top