U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2019, 04:40 PM

2 posts, read 1,664 times

Advertisements

Hello. My wife, baby and I are moving back to Texas shortly. We really love the Southlake/Carroll ISD but can’t really afford anything in Southlake. There’s a couple pockets in Grapevine that feed into the Carroll ISD that we could afford. We’re just worried they may re-zone in the future and cut Grapevine out of the Carroll ISD. Anyone know if this may happen? There’s are a plethora of houses for sale on the border of the Carroll ISD so I feel like these people may know something. Any advice about the area would be great. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2019, 08:10 PM

10,114 posts, read 21,355,765 times
Once a home is zoned to a particular school district, it will not change. (The legal process to do so is very cumbersome.) Those homes in CISD will stay in CISD. That being said, GCISD is almost as good as Carroll ISD, especially when you factor in the low-income and ESL students that GCISD has, but CISD does not. You really can't go wrong with either district.

Old 05-23-2019, 02:01 PM

1,106 posts, read 747,398 times
Most people say the zoning will likely never change because of the way the school funding works. I would pretty much say that no school wants to give up this funding by allowing taxpayers to be zoned out of their district.

That may change one day with a lot of talk about how school systems are funded....but not easy to do.

But based on your fear, that could happen anywhere you buy right? If it could happen in Grapevine, it could happen in Southlake right?

School districts were drawn long ago, before most of these cities had much to them.

What we have typically seen is the opposite. For example there are houses in City of Southlake (and Coppell and plenty of other districts) that are zoned to other districts....like Keller ISD or Northwest ISD. Currently I believe Carroll ISD has allowed those students if they would like to attend Carroll ISD, but only if they have space...so space situation could change and then they might stop that practice.

Some districts have totally open enrollment. I think DISD has this. They have space, they let you in, doesn't matter if you live in the district.

Old 06-15-2019, 07:48 AM

2 posts, read 1,664 times
Thank you for your help!!

Old 06-16-2019, 09:30 PM

128 posts, read 61,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasliving View Post
Hello. My wife, baby and I are moving back to Texas shortly. We really love the Southlake/Carroll ISD but can’t really afford anything in Southlake. There’s a couple pockets in Grapevine that feed into the Carroll ISD that we could afford. We’re just worried they may re-zone in the future and cut Grapevine out of the Carroll ISD. Anyone know if this may happen? There’s are a plethora of houses for sale on the border of the Carroll ISD so I feel like these people may know something. Any advice about the area would be great. Thanks!

Unlikely to be school district rezoning where you get kicked out of the district, maybe a new school is proposed or there is something like light rail going to run down behind the houses.

This is where a buyers agent pays off as they work for you, they have to tell you of any proposals or plans about the area.

A regular realtor works for the seller and is unlikely to tell you or try to find out future property issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or