Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 10:45 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,174,626 times

Advertisements

I'll look into Sundance Square.

Will there really be so many holiday decorations up already? We're not football people so we have no interest in going to a game. Whether that be pro or college. I'm not opposed to checking out a cool campus though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2019, 12:18 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,065,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I'll look into Sundance Square.

Will there really be so many holiday decorations up already? We're not football people so we have no interest in going to a game. Whether that be pro or college. I'm not opposed to checking out a cool campus though.
Thanksgiving is late this year, so yes there will be Christmas decorations up already. I know we will be decorating our house that weekend (tree, lights, etc.)

Old 06-14-2019, 02:00 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,854,435 times
If you choose to stay in Fort Worth and you do have a car (which will be a must to visit your dad in Arlington), you'll want to stay somewhere that doesn't charge a fortune for parking, unlike most of the Sundance Square hotels. The Towne Place Suites on the northern end of downtown has free parking and breakfast is included, and it is just a few blocks' walk to Sundance Square.

Unfortunately, the DFW area is so huge that it's not practical to Uber everywhere. You'll end up spending much more than you would otherwise spend on a rental car. And as mentioned on your other thread, public transit is non-existent in many parts of the metroplex.

Old 06-14-2019, 02:36 PM

2,510 posts, read 2,211,278 times
The Stockyards has a cattle drive through it twice a day which is fun to watch. The schedule in on the stockyards website. While I’m not a fan of paying for parking at a hotel, staying in the middle of Sundance is one of the best pedestrian tourist experiences in DFW. It’s also a short drive from there to most of the tourist attractions in Fort Worth and a straight shot down I-30 to Arlington and downtown Dallas.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:50 PM

141 posts, read 136,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Hi, I'm assuming you mean east OF Fort Worth and west OF Dallas?

If so, you might consider staying at the Hilton in Southlake Town Center (no idea of cost). It is about 17 miles to your FIL's neighborhood. Although that is mostly a shopping area, it is centrally located and you can walk to restaurants and the movie theater. I think Santa comes there if your kids still believe.

There is also the Gaylord Hotel in Grapevine. Even if you don't stay there, you can visit the ice exhibit which is Christmas themed. Grapevine has a cute little historic downtown to walk around. It is also easy to get there from Southlake.

The Fort Worth symphony will have a Christmas show performance at Bass Hall on the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving. Bass Hall is lovely and is well worth visiting for a special performance.

The cattle drive occurs in Fort Worth every day.

You might check to see if there is a rodeo in town.

Six Flags over Texas might be open.

There is an indoor water park in Grand Prairie called Epic Waters.

The Fort Worth Zoo is one of the best zoos in the country.

Christmas lights might be up and open at Texas Motor Speedway.

Hope this helps.
Agree with this, consider one of the hotels in the Stockyards.

The art museums in Fort Worth are cool as is the steam train ride to Grapevine. Traders Village for the best in tatty stuff. Cowboys game day traffic is tragic in Arlington, it's a nightmare, best have the in laws come your way for the day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth