U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 05:38 PM

4,491 posts, read 5,744,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
...what the hell are you talking about?

I answered a question. I simply just pointed out what this was and when we might hear more about it.
It just seems like You are on guard all the time...Like people are trying to wrong Ft.Worth.

Ft. Worth IS WHAT IT IS!!!!.....YOU need to accept it's flaws and quit being so defensive when people point out the obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2020, 05:49 AM

1,778 posts, read 1,020,000 times
Wow. Talk about irony and the pot calling the kettle black.

Old 02-12-2020, 07:27 AM

367 posts, read 197,927 times
Hopefully Scenario 3 happens mostly for the two additional rail lines to the south. Honestly would have liked a commuter rail to Mansfield years ago, but the Dick Price Rd station is a bit puzzling Gertie Barrett Rd seems like a better choice. Would really like to see Arlington buddy up with the trinity metro. The addition of a rail station in the "downtown" area next to UTA would seem like a win win for Arlington and FW. Same with having buses going from the station to the entertainment areas.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:26 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,387 posts, read 19,791,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProtege View Post
Hopefully Scenario 3 happens mostly for the two additional rail lines to the south. Honestly would have liked a commuter rail to Mansfield years ago, but the Dick Price Rd station is a bit puzzling Gertie Barrett Rd seems like a better choice. Would really like to see Arlington buddy up with the trinity metro. The addition of a rail station in the "downtown" area next to UTA would seem like a win win for Arlington and FW. Same with having buses going from the station to the entertainment areas.
That's going to be the hardest part as well as taking the longest time.

We've already talked about Arlington, here, but it's the voters and city council of Arlington that are their own biggest enemy at the moment.

But they're trying again, so we'll see.

Mansfield and even Cleburne have long been in plans, but commuter rail is arguably more difficult than Light Rail, since you're taking up existing lines owned by railroad companies.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
It just seems like You are on guard all the time...Like people are trying to wrong Ft.Worth.

Ft. Worth IS WHAT IT IS!!!!.....YOU need to accept it's flaws and quit being so defensive when people point out the obvious.
That response had literally nothing to do with what you're implying.

Old 02-12-2020, 10:15 AM

1,778 posts, read 1,020,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProtege View Post
Jerry Jones will fight it. He makes a lot of money off of parking at Jerry World. Can't stand the guy.

Old 02-12-2020, 10:37 AM

4,433 posts, read 7,483,370 times
Quote:
That's going to be the hardest part as well as taking the longest time.

We've already talked about Arlington, here, but it's the voters and city council of Arlington that are their own biggest enemy at the moment.

But they're trying again, so we'll see.

Mansfield and even Cleburne have long been in plans, but commuter rail is arguably more difficult than Light Rail, since you're taking up existing lines owned by railroad companies.

Fort Worth my hometown doesn’t really have room to talk about Arlington at this point. Fort Worth continues to elect poor leadership that’s holding the city back from reaching its full potential. Panther Island has become a complete debacle. Mayor Price hasn’t been successful in convincing her good friend Trump to fund the project. And I also don’t think she’s has the guts to call for the removal of JD Granger the person largely responsible for the Panther Island mess. I can’t think of one thing she has done so well outside of creating bike lanes in Fort Worth, which is her hobby. Under her leadership Fort Worth has become a one trick pony economically. The city is relying heavily on residential property taxes, while commercial growth remains flat, but yet no one holds her accountable for lack of major progress in Fort Worth. I’ve yet to see anyone constructively criticize Mayor Price on sites like (FortWortharchitecture.com) for the lack of substantial progress in Fort Worth under her leadership. City officials and developers do frequent that site to gauge public perception on various projects taking place in the city. Nothing will change until Fort Worth voters start demanding more from its elected officials. The way you hold elected officials accountable is by going to the polls and casting a ballot for mayor, something only 9.5% of Fort Worth citizens actually do.

Last edited by Exult.Q36; 02-12-2020 at 12:06 PM..

Old 02-12-2020, 12:11 PM

609 posts, read 839,617 times
I've been plenty critical of Mayor Price on this forum and the other one you mention. She brings very little to the table as far as vision or good urban growth go. She's mayor because she supports maintaining the status quo of growing the population one strip center and single family tract home at a time so you'll soon be able to walk to Waco, Abilene, and Denton without touching the ground. She talks like a Texan and looks good riding a horse. And someone just like that is exactly what you'll get until voters in Fort Worth demand otherwise. I'm reluctant to hang the Panther Island debacle on her because it is largely a project outside of her jurisdiction.

Old 02-12-2020, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exult.Q36 View Post
Fort Worth my hometown doesn’t really have room to talk about Arlington at this point. Fort Worth continues to elect poor leadership that’s holding the city back from reaching its full potential. Panther Island has become a complete debacle. Mayor Price hasn’t been successful in convincing her good friend Trump to fund the project. And I also don’t think she’s has the guts to call for the removal of JD Granger the person largely responsible for the Panther Island mess. I can’t think of one thing she has done so well outside of creating bike lanes in Fort Worth, which is her hobby. Under her leadership Fort Worth has become a one trick pony economically. The city is relying heavily on residential property taxes, while commercial growth remains flat, but yet no one holds her accountable for lack of major progress in Fort Worth. I’ve yet to see anyone constructively criticize Mayor Price on sites like (FortWortharchitecture.com) for the lack of substantial progress in Fort Worth under her leadership. City officials and developers do frequent that site to gauge public perception on various projects taking place in the city. Nothing will change until Fort Worth voters start demanding more from its elected officials. The way you hold elected officials accountable is by going to the polls and casting a ballot for mayor, something only 9.5% of Fort Worth citizens actually do.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not praising Price and saying this is the most progressive city in Texas or anything (the mismanagement of Panther Island is on Granger and her family and I wouldn't look to see her getting re-elected because of it, tbh) but don't compare this to Arlington.

They've been hellbent on NOT having any form of public transit for decades.

Old 02-12-2020, 02:37 PM

4,433 posts, read 7,483,370 times
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not praising Price and saying this is the most progressive city in Texas or anything (the mismanagement of Panther Island is on Granger and her family and I wouldn't look to see her getting re-elected because of it, tbh) but don't compare this to Arlington.

They've been hellbent on NOT having any form of public transit for decades.
Your’re totally right about Arlington, but I personally feel the anti public transportation culture of Arlington is changing due to two factors UT Arlington and the major demographic shift in Arlington. Arlington is solid Democrat at this point and has all the ingredients in place to turn the corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or