U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-12-2020, 03:22 PM
 
4,433 posts, read 7,483,370 times
Reputation: 2563

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303 View Post
I've been plenty critical of Mayor Price on this forum and the other one you mention. She brings very little to the table as far as vision or good urban growth go. She's mayor because she supports maintaining the status quo of growing the population one strip center and single family tract home at a time so you'll soon be able to walk to Waco, Abilene, and Denton without touching the ground. She talks like a Texan and looks good riding a horse. And someone just like that is exactly what you'll get until voters in Fort Worth demand otherwise. I'm reluctant to hang the Panther Island debacle on her because it is largely a project outside of her jurisdiction.
Yep... I wish they never annexed all that land. The central city is suffering as a result. They’ve become to comfortable with depending on residential property tax. Northeast Tarrant County is the only part of Tarrant that’s making significant progress at this point. Southlake, Keller, Westlake, North Richland Hills, Grapevine, Euless and so on all have major mixed use projects on the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-12-2020, 05:14 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, TX
1,778 posts, read 1,020,000 times
Reputation: 2543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exult.Q36 View Post
Your’re totally right about Arlington, but I personally feel the anti public transportation culture of Arlington is changing due to two factors UT Arlington and the major demographic shift in Arlington. Arlington is solid Democrat at this point and has all the ingredients in place to turn the corner.
I really hope so because Arlington has a lot going for it right now. What they're doing downtown right now is quite impressive. They also have a better library system and parks and rec system than Fort Worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2020, 11:07 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
128 posts, read 61,924 times
Reputation: 170
Be realistic, nothing, and I mean, nothing will happen with light rail until the freight rail companies agree to share lines. The city is so spread out so that when you get to a stop there needs to be a fast and efficient service to get you to your destination. A bus every hour does not cut it

This map looks good but its a mixture of all the special interest groups that live in this space, the concept needs to be restated in terms of I go from A to B and wait no more than 10 minutes in air conditioning to catch a fast trip to C

Make it easy, clean, safe, and cheap for people to use and it will work. This means NO SPECIAL TICKETS for special interest groups
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2020, 02:51 PM
JJG JJG started this thread
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,387 posts, read 19,791,591 times
Reputation: 7201
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiatrails View Post
Be realistic, nothing, and I mean, nothing will happen with light rail until the freight rail companies agree to share lines.
...you really don't have to do that.

Houston, for example:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2020, 09:18 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
128 posts, read 61,924 times
Reputation: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
...you really don't have to do that.

Houston, for example:
If you really want to see an excellent large metroplex mass transit option look at Melbourne Australia, it has trams, light rail, mixed rail lines, and fast buses, all clean and running on time. The Miki card system which works on all options is easy. Fast, Clean, Cheap, and takes people where they want to go
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2020, 11:50 AM
JJG JJG started this thread
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,387 posts, read 19,791,591 times
Reputation: 7201
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiatrails View Post
If you really want to see an excellent large metroplex mass transit option look at Melbourne Australia, it has trams, light rail, mixed rail lines, and fast buses, all clean and running on time. The Miki card system which works on all options is easy. Fast, Clean, Cheap, and takes people where they want to go
Yeah, but I was referring to the structure of our system, since you were talking about how " nothing will happen with light rail until the freight rail companies agree to share lines".

Houston's METRORail follows existing roads, almost like a streetcar. So it's not impossible... in fact, that's the most likely route Fort Worth would go, as you see BRT is being proposed for a line along Lancaster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2020, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
128 posts, read 61,924 times
Reputation: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Yeah, but I was referring to the structure of our system, since you were talking about how " nothing will happen with light rail until the freight rail companies agree to share lines".

Houston's METRORail follows existing roads, almost like a streetcar. So it's not impossible... in fact, that's the most likely route Fort Worth would go, as you see BRT is being proposed for a line along Lancaster.
It's a high speed bus for east Fort Worth, will still be a BUS not a tram service. Agreed it will open up the corridor for a small section of the population, however, as laid out it does not provide easy access to Museums, Sundance Square, etc.

This is what a well connected city looks like, everything is integrated

https://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/Sit...nt-quality.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2020, 06:54 PM
JJG JJG started this thread
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,387 posts, read 19,791,591 times
Reputation: 7201
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiatrails View Post
It's a high speed bus for east Fort Worth, will still be a BUS not a tram service. Agreed it will open up the corridor for a small section of the population, however, as laid out it does not provide easy access to Museums, Sundance Square, etc.

This is what a well connected city looks like, everything is integrated

https://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/Sit...nt-quality.pdf
The idea of the BRT line is to have that higher transit option available, THEN build light rail in its place. Just like what Houston is currently doing on their Uptown BRT line...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM
Status: "Working Class Independent" (set 18 hours ago)
 
645 posts, read 710,233 times
Reputation: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
I apologize if anyone got offended. But its truth.
No sir it is not truth and neither is your apology.
Fort Worth was a decent place to live before all the Dallas folk started moving west.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:14 AM
JJG JJG started this thread
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,387 posts, read 19,791,591 times
Reputation: 7201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
No sir it is not truth and neither is your apology.
Fort Worth was a decent place to live before all the Dallas folk started moving west.
Okay... please, don't bring that here, either.

That's just going to start getting other opinions that'll just cause more off-topic arguments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top