U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2019, 07:09 AM

13 posts, read 14,479 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are moving down to the ft worth area soon we have a 3 year old and one on the way so school district is very important to us. From what we’ve heard northwest ISD is one of the best districts in DFW does anyone have any info or comparisons to either of these districts which is better , demographics, and just overall quality. Also does anyone have any information on the Berkshire community young families demographics community feel and so on and so on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2019, 07:25 AM

146 posts, read 91,912 times
Avoid Saginaw. It is not a good school district. Northwest, Keller, Roanoke are all decent schools.

Old 11-21-2019, 09:17 AM

4,637 posts, read 3,703,920 times
I will just repeat:

You do not want Saginaw HS zone. Avoid it. I don't care what kind of deal you can get on a house.

Keller ISD is preferable to Northwest ISD generally speaking. You can probably find info on the elementary scores between Keller ISD elementaries and NWISD elementaries.

The districts are set up a bit differently. Your kiddos are really little so HS is far away. NWISD has some of the most beautiful high school buildings you will ever see. NWISD uses the "academy" system. If your kids have specialized interests in say "culinary arts", that is only at Byron Nelson HS and not at Northwest HS. In Keller, all programs are offered at all schools. I have heard though that NW is not a great district to work for and they are experiencing growing pains.

I would rank the HSs in this order: Keller HS, then Byron Nelson HS, with Northwest HS and Timber Creek HS tied for 3rd.

Old 11-21-2019, 12:14 PM

149 posts, read 115,661 times
Berkshire is within the Eaton HS attendance zone, which is NISD's newest high school.

The current feeder pattern is Curtis ES/Adams MS/Eaton HS (see the NISD school zone finder: https://portal.metrostudygis.com/arc...f8f2a9c28c29c8), but will be subject to change due to growth in the area.

Keep in mind that a few of the NISD elementary schools do get lower-than-expected ratings (judging by their GreatSchools scores of 5/10 or less): these are JC Thompson, Nance, Prairie View, and Seven Hills (the last two are in the rural area around Rhome). If you are looking at the Sendera Ranch or WatersBend (the northern NISD portion) subdivisions, keep this in mind.

Old 11-21-2019, 02:16 PM

13 posts, read 14,479 times
Thank you yes we’ve heard Saginaw is no good just wanted to get confirmation. Berkshire is within the northwest ISD but how is that neighborhood and surrounding neighborhoods because it is on the border of the Saginaw district. Also I know V.R. Eaton is relatively new but won’t have to worry about high school for a while just want to make sure the district in a whole is good for the kids.

Old 01-07-2020, 12:04 AM

2 posts, read 484 times
Default Northwest ISD

Your best bet is to get into the Keller ISD schools, the have many 9 out of 10 rated schools. While Eagle Mountain Saginaw only has 6/10 - 8/10 rated schools. My daughter goes to Chisholm Trail and she loves it there. Both of my daughters have attended there actually, we have lived in the EMSISD school zone for 7 years or ever since my daughters were in 6 & 8th grades. If you are interested in the Berkshire Community, I can tell you this development is located in an area that is convenient to Presidio Village and Alliance Town Center where there is plenty of shopping as well as access to Interstate 35, which can be crowded quite a bit during rush hour. The Bureau of Engraving is just right there so it would be a quick commute if you worked there. You can expect about a 30 minute commute from most places in the Metroplex. Below are homes in Berkshire subdivision and then other homes in Northwest ISD.

Homes Available in Berkshire

https://matrix.ntreis.net/Matrix/Pub...ID=16201181181

These are homes that are in the Northwest ISD

https://matrix.ntreis.net/Matrix/Pub...ID=16201185801

Last edited by jitsuman; 01-07-2020 at 12:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or