U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2008, 09:14 PM

8 posts, read 33,441 times

Advertisements

I am looking at relocating to Keller and just recently learned of a master planned community called Marshall Ridge ( not to be confused with Marshall Point.) Does anyone have much information about this? I believe the builders are Drees and Meritage. I have also looked at Heritage.I do not have children but I have been cautioned that the Keller ISD taxes will only increase to accomodate the new schools needed due to growth in that area.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 10:15 AM

3,033 posts, read 11,026,984 times
it's located right off of 377.
up by 170 close to trophy club and Raonoak. Construction on 377 in that area is a pain right now. It will be nice when it's done but now it's a big pain. I hate going up there (was just up in Trophy club on sunday for tennis)
The other side of 377 lies the railroad track for the frieght train. And all along there are wharehouses and storage facilites. Industrial row so to speak.
Google earth the location and get piture of the area. use street view to "drive down 377going north.

Marshal point..that's the more custom homes right? (400k??) the communites are right next to each other.

The land they are building on is pretty, some rolling hill and forest...if they keep it and not "raize it"

Old 04-22-2008, 02:36 PM

295 posts, read 876,909 times
I think I saw it the other day driving up on 377 for a lunch at Prairie House . It looks like it will be a nice community but with the train being so close, I don't know... I live in Heritage, fairly far away from the train tracks and we still hear it...

Old 05-30-2008, 05:14 PM

1 posts, read 9,470 times
Default Marshall Ridge

I live across 377 from this development and I think it's a great area. As soon as they finish construction on 377 it will be very nice. Marshall Ridge is Keller schools and even though the taxes are on the higher end the city is not. Even though I'm just across the way I am considered city of Fort Worth (Which is the same as Heritage) but Keller schools. DO NOT move anywhere that is considered Fort Worth! The taxes are crazy high and they are not equipped yet for police and ambulances. If you are deciding between these two areas PLEASE pick the Marshall Ridge. Plus it's close to the highway and less traffic and stop lights as compared to other areas around here. Trophy Club is a great are as well if you're looking. A small clean community feel and Denton taxes which is great. They have lots of unique older floor plans as well as newer areas. Anyway, Good Luck to you and I hope you have a great experience with everyone in this area.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:57 PM

15 posts, read 51,995 times
Heritage is beautiful and yes the taxes are higher, community is great. Trophy Club is under construction for the next 8-10 years is what I heard. That is a lot of time with the limited access of streets? Marshall Ridge is boxy and very ugly across the street. The storage building and all those signs? Gross.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:24 PM

95 posts, read 235,498 times
Keller schools is looking at building another elementary school within the marshall ridge development (land has already been set aside). There is also planned commercial development right in front of it (I believe a hotel is going in.)
The development is definitely close to the train tracks. We live several miles away from the tracks and hear them pretty clear. I couldn't imagine what its like living there.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:32 AM

3,033 posts, read 11,026,984 times
Yes the new Holiday Inn Hotel will be built in front of Marshall Ridge. (It's already been aproved by city council)
All that empty land along 377 that is in front of the development is designated commercial.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:40 AM

1 posts, read 7,000 times
I have lived in Marshall Ridge for 2 years and love it. We are on the keller side and not the Fort Worth side which is more desirable, due to Fort Worth Taxes and Fort Worth up keep. The are in front of Marshall Ridge is Zoned to be upscale retail, and Keller is very Particular in what is built in this town. There has been mention in other threads about the location near to the trains, they have never been a bother to us, I rarely notice it and when I do I like the sound it is by no means over powering. We have been very please with our purchase here and would recommend it to anyone considering it.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:05 PM

31 posts, read 84,393 times
Thx jcamber! Much appreciated!

Old 09-12-2011, 11:57 AM

16 posts, read 49,613 times
How many houses does Marshall ridge currrently have and I am curious to understand the demorgraphics of the population ?

Any thoughts ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth