U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 02:35 PM

609 posts, read 840,910 times

Advertisements

Yeah, that's certainly not an overriding factor and it probably wasn't worth mentioning, but the small kitchens and upstairs master bedrooms are a lot harder to overcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2019, 04:32 AM

10,123 posts, read 21,382,460 times
I agree. We loved that area of Grapevine/Euless, too. At the time when we were looking to buy, there were few listings there, so we ended up west of 121.

Old 12-20-2019, 08:14 AM

45 posts, read 24,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
I agree. We loved that area of Grapevine/Euless, too. At the time when we were looking to buy, there were few listings there, so we ended up west of 121.
I'll throw in my biased opinion and agree. We got lucky and found something in our price range (first-time home buyer) just south of MidCities Blvd and Bob Eden Park and jumped on it. Absolutely love the area but you're right--there seem to be few listings when I check once per month.

Old 02-05-2020, 10:34 PM

31,727 posts, read 49,247,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303 View Post
Yeah, that's certainly not an overriding factor and it probably wasn't worth mentioning, but the small kitchens and upstairs master bedrooms are a lot harder to overcome.
At one point in time Grapevine was building lot of homes w/upstairs masters because that was what people from the east coast and north like Chicago were used to
And the lots in Grapevine were smaller so houses had to go UP vs out...

It is just a physical artifact of how the towns in the mid cities area developed

Now newer developments in Grapevine have usually adjusted to the design factor and have the master down if they can’t accommodate two masters...

The growth/desire of the two master suites was really impacted initially by having more SE Asians move into this area who are caring for older parents and needed two masters on ground floor...from what I have seen...then just a general desire to care for aging parents...

There are some homes where remodeling has been done to turn a formal living room into a bedroom to gerrymander a 2nd master...it is usually not a change that works for the better since they are often at the front of the house and lack privacy but in a hot housing market people are often pushed into making choices for themselves that aren’t what others would choose..

Old 02-11-2020, 07:50 AM

268 posts, read 387,970 times
Keller is better than both.

Old 02-16-2020, 02:57 PM

34 posts, read 14,599 times
Keller is super expensive. A meth house would still be $300k there.
If anyone can afford Keller or Colleyville, of course that’s the place to go. But for us slightly lower middle class people, my opinion is that north Bedford provides a nice balance of safe Mayberry suburbia without breaking the bank.

Old 02-19-2020, 05:47 PM

183 posts, read 181,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katera View Post
Keller is better than both.
No, it isn't. I know some fine folks from Keller, but the "Keller Stepford Wives" are funny. Well-off enough to sneer and look down their nose at you, but bitter because they don't live in Southlake.

Old 03-04-2020, 09:56 AM

31,727 posts, read 49,247,268 times
Yes—must agree there are developments in Keller that are “wanna-be” Southlake or even Westlake
Keller is just too isolated if you have to work in FTW/DFW IMO
There are not that many main roads for infill traffic to escape on
We looked there 10 yrs ago and thought it was that way
Don’t imagine it has seen many two lane roads upgraded to 4 since that would be city expenditure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth