U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 05:55 PM

42 posts, read 25,183 times

Advertisements

We did buy a house there, with a pool and we love it. It’s easy to get back to Dallas or go to Fort Worth, and we love the charm of the 70s mixed with updates as opposed to cookie cutter and shoddy new construction, however tempting new is.
Our neighbors are nice and the town itself has some great options for food and we are looking forward to using the new Boys Ranch area once they’ve done whatever they’re doing. Also, Southlake and Colleyville are a skip away.
Coming from NJ, the affordability here is still great, despite the hikes in cost the last 4 years.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2021, 11:05 PM

152 posts, read 73,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MthomasW View Post
We did buy a house there, with a pool and we love it. It’s easy to get back to Dallas or go to Fort Worth, and we love the charm of the 70s mixed with updates as opposed to cookie cutter and shoddy new construction, however tempting new is.
Our neighbors are nice and the town itself has some great options for food and we are looking forward to using the new Boys Ranch area once they’ve done whatever they’re doing. Also, Southlake and Colleyville are a skip away.
Coming from NJ, the affordability here is still great, despite the hikes in cost the last 4 years.
If I didn't work in Plano. I would live in Bedford. It is a great place wit great people. I was a kid when they started building the McMansions in Colleyville and we thought Southlake and Keller were "redneck areas" with trailer houses. Times have changed though. For accessibility to downtown Fort Worth and downtown Dallas you can't beat Bedford.

Old 01-28-2021, 08:42 PM

32,540 posts, read 51,070,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Do some looking online about Bedford’s tax rate and the debate in the city government over taxes and development. Bedford has little industry and is mostly a bedroom community, so their tax rate has historically been higher than the surrounding cities. Aside from the Boys Ranch and the Blues Festival, the city has little to show for it. There’s been a lot of discussion about developing the last available parcels of land for apartments, too. Yes, Bedford south of 183 is not desirable at all. Same issue with Hurst and Euless south of 183.

All that being said, you do get more home for your money in Bedford than in Grapevine.
Bedford has some doctors offices, a hospital, and surgery centers
It has several restaurants along 121
Harwood is also a business strip and there are several apt complexes in the area along w a few banks
Bit as Christy posted it depends mainly on tax revenue from homeowners to satisfy lot of its needs
And ever since we moved to Bedford in the early 80s south of 183 was considered less desirable mainly because that is older homes...built to some extent because of the location of Bell Helicopter which was prime employer earlier and needed lots of smaller homes assembly line workers could afford.
Times changed
But homes are long lasting
Because they are on smaller plots of land it is not feasible to buy/tear down/redevelop like builders can do in Colleyville or Southlake

Old 01-28-2021, 08:44 PM

32,540 posts, read 51,070,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by widespreadfan View Post
If I didn't work in Plano. I would live in Bedford. It is a great place wit great people. I was a kid when they started building the McMansions in Colleyville and we thought Southlake and Keller were "redneck areas" with trailer houses. Times have changed though. For accessibility to downtown Fort Worth and downtown Dallas you can't beat Bedford.
And I have to agree with that...
Location, location, location...
Bedford and central Hurst are much better locations than Keller or Colleyville for getting into FTW
One major reason we chose to buy in Hurst near Precinct Line and Colleyville Blvdbs Keller or Colleyville when my husband was still working in downtown FTW
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth