U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 07:14 AM

367 posts, read 196,842 times

Advertisements

Always heard good things about Martin HS in Arlington, Pascal HS in Fort Worth, Mansfield HS, & Midlothian ISD. If you go with SW Arlington make sure its Arlington ISD and not Mansfield ISD. Lived near Calender & Russell in SW Arlington as a kid and even then they were just OK schools.
One of my previous co-works lived in south FT near forest hill and commuted to are office on the border of Southlake / Colleyville. According to her it was a 50-60 min drive, so add another 5-10 min to that. Yeah not a fun drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2020, 09:22 AM

14 posts, read 4,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
You can’t live in Ellis County? That is still very much a DFW suburb, and it’s a very fast-growing suburb with lots of young families.

No, I can't.

I spoke with my Realtor and she still recommends renting in GCISD and changing if I am not comfortable with commute. I am considering HEB ISD schools and area of Martin high school. My company also has offices in Fortworth, Arlington and Euless that I might have to manage but most of my time would be at Burleson office at least 3 days a week.

Last edited by SaMi20; 01-09-2020 at 10:14 AM..

Old 01-09-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProtege View Post
Always heard good things about Martin HS in Arlington, Pascal HS in Fort Worth, Mansfield HS, & Midlothian ISD. If you go with SW Arlington make sure its Arlington ISD and not Mansfield ISD. Lived near Calender & Russell in SW Arlington as a kid and even then they were just OK schools.
One of my previous co-works lived in south FT near forest hill and commuted to are office on the border of Southlake / Colleyville. According to her it was a 50-60 min drive, so add another 5-10 min to that. Yeah not a fun drive.
Hmm. Seems like commute is worse than what it shows on the Map.

Old 01-09-2020, 10:39 AM

What you all think about the commute from the Area of Rivertrails Elementary, Bell HS in Fortworth zip code 76118, to Burleson??

Old 01-10-2020, 12:53 AM

148 posts, read 115,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMi20 View Post
What you all think about the commute from the Area of Rivertrails Elementary, Bell HS in Fortworth zip code 76118, to Burleson??

That's still at least 30 minutes assuming no traffic, so expect a longer commute than that. You should also consider the impacts of construction on I-820, which is currently taking place north of I-30, and will eventually start south of I-30 as part of the Southeast Connector project (though that particular project does not yet have a start date set in stone).

Similar commute times can be expected for Mansfield as well (using Mansfield High School as the starting point as that seems to be in the "center" of east Mansfield). You would have 20-30 minutes (assuming no traffic) from the Tanglewood area (using Tanglewood Elementary as the start point).

Given your situation with needing to commute between Burleson, Fort Worth, Arlington, and Euless, SW Arlington (Martin HS zone) or Mansfield sounds pretty centrally-located I would say. The Paschal HS zone in FWISD (Tanglewood) also seems pretty reasonable. If the Euless office were your primary location, then I would totally go with GCISD here (in fact northern Euless is in GCISD). But commuting from the Grapevine-Colleyville area to Burleson is going to be brutal, there's no other way to say it.

I drive from west Fort Worth to the Haslet area for my work, and that's about a 30-minute commute right there as long as traffic cooperates.

Old 01-10-2020, 04:34 AM

10,112 posts, read 21,338,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMi20 View Post
I spoke with my Realtor and she still recommends renting in GCISD and changing if I am not comfortable with commute. I am considering HEB ISD schools and area of Martin high school. My company also has offices in Fortworth, Arlington and Euless that I might have to manage but most of my time would be at Burleson office at least 3 days a week.
As I said earlier, the commute from Grapevine to downtown Fort Worth is about 45 minutes in the morning and an hour on the way home. Add 15-20 minutes on each end to get to Burleson. You’re going to be spending a lot of money on fuel. Also, I hope you have good child care arrangements that go well past 6 PM. I love living in Grapevine, but to commute to Fort Worth really got old after a couple of years.

Your realtor probably isn’t familiar with the areas you’ve mentioned around Martin HS and Paschal HS. Those would really be the best in your situation.

Old 01-10-2020, 06:42 AM

6,207 posts, read 4,981,107 times
Your realtor probably has a motivation to show you properties in the northern mid-cities. Is it easier for her to travel there? Is she not familiar with the Martin HS attendance zone? Really, think about this seriously.......

Old 01-10-2020, 06:47 AM

1,759 posts, read 1,009,426 times
A lot of agents are only familiar with the areas they service. I agree that you need to find out how familiar your agent is with Fort Worth and Arlington because there are some nice areas in both cities that are much more geographically desirable for you. I also agree that I'd try to avoid East Loop 820 as much as possible until the construction is done. My older son has an appointment every Saturday morning at the NE corner of I30 and East Loop 820. I don't like to sit around and prefer to run errands in the Northeast Mall area. The construction has made doing so much more difficult and that's just on a Saturday.

Old 01-11-2020, 07:14 PM

Thank you so much you all for the valuable input. I am sure my Realtor doesn’t have any idea about commuting in this area. I have narrowed down Martin HS, Mansfield and Paschal HS areas. They seem convenient for all locations including Burleson. I do have full time child care. I still have time until summer to find Rental properties.

I really appreciate everyone’s help. Thank you

Old 01-16-2020, 07:50 AM

267 posts, read 385,321 times
Keller has the best school district imo, but there is no way in the world I would drive to Burleson daily. Never no way. 35 is an absolute nightmare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or