U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2020, 05:20 AM

1 posts, read 154 times

Advertisements

Agree...that is a tough commute. I would look closer if you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2020, 01:01 AM

58 posts, read 184,294 times
Aledo ISD is a great ISD, and they have a small part in Tarrant county in the neighborhood of 377 and 1187. AND, 1187 goes straight through to the Burleson area. It might still be a 20-30 minute drive, but it’ll be much more pleasant drive.

Old 03-12-2020, 10:05 AM

14 posts, read 4,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzechGrazer View Post
Aledo ISD is a great ISD, and they have a small part in Tarrant county in the neighborhood of 377 and 1187. AND, 1187 goes straight through to the Burleson area. It might still be a 20-30 minute drive, but it’ll be much more pleasant drive.

Thank you so much. It's Great Advice. I just started looking and saw some nice houses on bigger lots in Aledo ISD in Benbrook and Fortworth. Seems like the schools are at a few miles distance. Do you know if there are school buses for kids living in these areas of Aledo ISD? Please let me know if you have any information. Thank you again

Old 03-15-2020, 04:14 AM

148 posts, read 115,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMi20 View Post
Thank you so much. It's Great Advice. I just started looking and saw some nice houses on bigger lots in Aledo ISD in Benbrook and Fortworth. Seems like the schools are at a few miles distance. Do you know if there are school buses for kids living in these areas of Aledo ISD? Please let me know if you have any information. Thank you again

Be sure you double-check which school district the property belongs to. Aledo ISD does not include Benbrook, which actually attends Fort Worth ISD schools (the ones that are located in the city of Benbrook). If you are speaking of Bella Ranch, most of that housing development is in Aledo ISD, except for a few houses near the entrance off of 377 (which are in FWISD). Be mindful that the 377/1187 area has several school district boundaries converging in that area, primarily Fort Worth ISD and Aledo ISD, although portions of Crowley and Godley ISDs are also in the vicinity.

FWISD is probably okay if you are in the McLean/Paschal feeder pattern (Benbrook is not a part of that). The Benbrook Middle-High School seems to have more issues than expected despite its suburban location, though their rating on GreatSchools is equally low as Paschal (Paschal has a better college preparatory program to my understanding). Westpark Elementary seems pretty good, although I've heard there is an overcrowding issue there due to all of the new housing developments feeding into that school.

Old 03-15-2020, 12:58 PM

1,759 posts, read 1,009,426 times
Aledo ISD is getting quite crowded because of the new construction happening. Also, look at where you plan to purchase and what will be built nearby. You need to make sure the main artery going up to 20 can handle the amount of projected traffic. My husband wanted to build in Bella Flora but I said no since the only practical way to get to 20 was 377 and the traffic on there is already pretty awful. That doesn't include all of the empty land north of Bella on 377 ready and waiting for development.

Old 03-15-2020, 05:34 PM

148 posts, read 115,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
That doesn't include all of the empty land north of Bella on 377 ready and waiting for development.
And most of that will be going to Fort Worth ISD rather than Aledo ISD. The Bella Crossing expansion of Bella will be split between Aledo ISD (western side of development) and Fort Worth ISD (east side).

Hard to believe Westpark Elementary in Benbrook is one of FWISD's newest schools, and its already getting overcrowded. The Ventana development is expanding rapidly. They will have to build new schools in that area soon, though being a primarily urban district FWISD may not have the same future-planning mindset of the suburban districts. With FWISD's southwest area (around Benbrook) being one of the few areas that can still develop, they will have to adopt the mindset of a suburban district with respect to that portion of their district. In addition to a new elementary in the Ventana area, I would suggest that FWISD consider building a brand-new high school in the Benbrook area and convert Benbrook Middle-High School back to being solely a middle school (which it was originally built as). The location on the east side of the 377/Hawkins Home intersection would be a good place for this new high school, especially if some development can go up around it.

I do have to commend Northwest ISD (in N Tarrant, SW Denton and SE Wise counties) of doing a good job of planning for the future of their district. Aledo ISD and Fort Worth ISD (especially for the undeveloped SW portion of their district) should be taking note of NISD's strategies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
Aledo ISD is getting quite crowded because of the new construction happening.

They should definitely think about building a second high school in the future. I know Aledo ISD wants to remain a single-high-school district somewhat like Carroll ISD (but note that Carroll's high school is split Plano-style between 9th-10th and 11th-12th grade, so two different campuses, but unlike Plano there is only one HS feeding into the senior HS), but that might not be realistic given the rapid growth in the area. Allen ISD did this successfully (like Aledo they have a 9th grade center, so still two campuses), but Allen's high school is quite massive, being the largest by enrollment in all of DFW. Lewisville High School (in Lewisville ISD which has multiple high schools), Skyline High School (Dallas ISD), and Duncanville High School (Duncanville ISD) are also really big, but these three aren't really the "best" schools either.

Old 03-15-2020, 10:40 PM

109 posts, read 59,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMi20 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am starting new job this Summer in Burleson. Work hours would be 8AM-5.30PM. I am single Mom wih 3 children, 12, 8 and 3 years old. I live in Murphy/East Plano area. I am trying to find good school districts like Plano ISD. I am considering Keller/Colleyville/Grapevine area for moving. There is part of Grapevine in Carroll ISD. Also considering Colleyville GCISD and Keller ISD. Also planning to try for Westlake academy lottery application. Is the commute too bad for Burleson from these places?? I can consider other areas in Fortworth as well if there are good schools. I am thinking about selling my house in Murphy and renting for one year before purchasing a house in that area.

Please advise/suggest some good areas with good schools for commute to Burleson every day. I would really appreciate any help.

Oh Heck NO!!!!!

Look at Aledo or Burleson schools, they are pretty good. The commute would be at best 1.5 hours each way, you will have no time to focus on the kids when you get home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or