Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 11:40 PM

90 posts, read 467,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamber View Post
I definitely agree on the brand name and peer strenght. If it wasn't a matter of money, I think I would do SMU. Only because UT Austin is ranked like you said, but not their DFW program (and apparently, it's not the same as what they teach @ Austin ... go figure!)

What I'm a little confused about is how UT Austin can be THAT much different (better) than UT Arlington. Aren't these based on the same school? (UT?). I relocated from Indy just 4 months ago so I know the program you're talking about from Kelley but man, I just can't get past spending 3 years getting an MBA... too long!

Thanks to all of you for your responses!
I agree that UT Austin is very expensive. However, I also attended their info sessions and the professors are the same as the full time program, so don't worry. Curriculum is different because there are few career changers in this UT Austin DFW program, same as Houston program. UT has 13 campuses, and they vary vastly! UT austin is not in the same league with the rest, in almost every field of study.

Oh to clarify, the Kelley program takes 20 - 36 months and most students finish in only 2 years.

Good luck man, no matter which you choose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 07:00 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
the professors who teach at UT Austin and the students who are accepted there make all the difference between UT Arlington and UT Austin---
and while their curricula might READ the same in the catalogues I doubt that it is taught the same...

Old 04-28-2008, 07:10 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
regarding Amberton University--I know two people who have done the course work and gotten an MS through there in years past when it was named Amber University--frankly within THEIR companies--that MS was not highly regarded--whether that is valid perception or not--I am not judging--I am only reporting what was passed along to me--

If you can't afford TCU or SMU or UTD then I think you would be better served to get degree from UTA or UNT
Texas Weslyan U also offers an MBA, an MS in healthcare admin, and an M I M

the tuition hours start at 500 plus fees and are higher for MIM and MS classes...but look less than UNT graduate tuition
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth