U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 09:51 AM

14 posts, read 4,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
I owned 2 houses in Mansfield, both in the Mansfield HS feeder pattern and if I were to own again there I’d want to stay w/i MHS. But all the schools that feed into MHS are highly rated.

Check into tax rates - might effect your decision on your housing budget; taxes are high in Mansfield.

As far as ethnic demographics, click on any of the schools listed and then go to student profile (top right) to find the demographic breakdowns:

https://rptsvr1.tea.texas.gov/cgi/sa...st.sas&subj=RE
Thank you so much... It was very helpful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2020, 09:57 AM

14 posts, read 4,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProtege View Post
The only newer community in the zoning that you originally wanted is Links Crossing at Walnut Creek which is a little bitty neighborhood with nothing for sale in it and a slight sprinkling of custom homes.
If you plan on staying with the original zoning: Antigua, The Trails, Walnut Creek North are all good choices. Dover heights would give you better value for money, so would Willowstone both of which are fine neighborhoods just not as ecstatically pleasing. The remainder of the zoning is older homes. Antigua is a mixed bag the east side is smaller slightly cheaper homes, the center seems like the nicer section, and the west side is larger homes and very diverse especially when you get to the Claremont section. Walnut Creek North is a bit more expense and less diverse. The Trails offer smaller homes and a nicer neighborhood layout overall.
If you where to stay in Mansfield high zoning Colby Crossing, Cypress Crossing, Southwind (Arlington), and what I mentioned above are your newer options. Cypress Crossing & Southwind are the more diverse ones.
Really can't tell you much about Lake Ridge. All that I've heard is that it's deserve and wealthy which seems true when I look at the demographics. There are lots of new and newer homes along the Mansfield and Grand Prairie border.
Thank you so much for the detailed response. I still have few months so I have decided to keep looking for an existing home in one of these established neighborhoods, the ones you mentioned. Now that I have all the information, I just need to drive around and explore the area some more. Thank you again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or