U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 12:04 PM

14 posts, read 4,104 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I am planning to move to Mansfield this summer for my new job (offices in Fortworth and Burleson). I have been looking for a house around $400k or under in Mansfield high school and Brooks wester middle school Zone. Please suggest some safe, good neighborhoods in that area. I prefer houses not more than 10-15 years old. Is there any newer construction available in that area.

I would really appreciate your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2020, 12:53 PM

6,207 posts, read 4,981,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMi20 View Post
Hello everyone,

I am planning to move to Mansfield this summer for my new job (offices in Fortworth and Burleson). I have been looking for a house around $400k or under in Mansfield high school and Brooks wester middle school Zone. Please suggest some safe, good neighborhoods in that area. I prefer houses not more than 10-15 years old. Is there any newer construction available in that area.

I would really appreciate your help
All the neighborhoods in that area are safe and good.

Old 02-25-2020, 02:37 PM

367 posts, read 196,842 times
The majority of the homes build in that area are between 15-25 years old with the rest being built in the 70's-80's. There is new construction in the area, but it feeds into Mary Orr - Worley - then Mansfield High which isn't a bad choice.

Old 02-25-2020, 04:56 PM

It just adds 4-5 mins more to my commute but it’s ok if there are more newer options in this school Zone. Could you please recommend any neighborhoods with newer house options??

Old 02-25-2020, 11:15 PM

975 posts, read 2,868,085 times
South Pointe

Old 02-26-2020, 07:28 AM

South Pointe feeds into Lake Ridge High it's also gonna be a stretch on a under 400K budget.
Cypress Crossing is the only new home community that feeds in to Mansfield high that is located in Mansfield.
Southwind in Arlington is a cheaper alternative that feeds into the same attendance zones.
The majority of new communities in Mansfield / Grand Prairie feed into Lake Ridge.
The only other newer communities that I can think of in Mansfield high attendance zone are over your price range, but with your budget a well updated 15-20 year old home should be do able in the original attendance zone that you wanted.

Old 02-26-2020, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProtege View Post
South Pointe feeds into Lake Ridge High it's also gonna be a stretch on a under 400K budget.
Cypress Crossing is the only new home community that feeds in to Mansfield high that is located in Mansfield.
Southwind in Arlington is a cheaper alternative that feeds into the same attendance zones.
The majority of new communities in Mansfield / Grand Prairie feed into Lake Ridge.
The only other newer communities that I can think of in Mansfield high attendance zone are over your price range, but with your budget a well updated 15-20 year old home should be do able in the original attendance zone that you wanted.
Thank you so much for a detailed response. It really helped.

Could you please tell me more about other communities which are over my budget. Under 400k is ideal but I can definitely go higher since Housing and schooling is the main priority for me and my kids. I visited two neighborhoods 'Antigua' and 'Dover Heights'. The feel of the area is very different than where we live in Plano right now. That's the reason I have started my search for a more newer neighborhood.

Last edited by SaMi20; 02-26-2020 at 09:15 AM..

Old 02-26-2020, 09:20 AM

What do you all think about Mansfield High vs. Lake ridge high school.
I prefer strong academics, diversity with Asian kids in schools.

Old 02-26-2020, 11:46 AM

6,207 posts, read 4,981,107 times
I owned 2 houses in Mansfield, both in the Mansfield HS feeder pattern and if I were to own again there I’d want to stay w/i MHS. But all the schools that feed into MHS are highly rated.

Check into tax rates - might effect your decision on your housing budget; taxes are high in Mansfield.

As far as ethnic demographics, click on any of the schools listed and then go to student profile (top right) to find the demographic breakdowns:

https://rptsvr1.tea.texas.gov/cgi/sa...st.sas&subj=RE

Old 02-26-2020, 03:38 PM

The only newer community in the zoning that you originally wanted is Links Crossing at Walnut Creek which is a little bitty neighborhood with nothing for sale in it and a slight sprinkling of custom homes.
If you plan on staying with the original zoning: Antigua, The Trails, Walnut Creek North are all good choices. Dover heights would give you better value for money, so would Willowstone both of which are fine neighborhoods just not as ecstatically pleasing. The remainder of the zoning is older homes. Antigua is a mixed bag the east side is smaller slightly cheaper homes, the center seems like the nicer section, and the west side is larger homes and very diverse especially when you get to the Claremont section. Walnut Creek North is a bit more expense and less diverse. The Trails offer smaller homes and a nicer neighborhood layout overall.
If you where to stay in Mansfield high zoning Colby Crossing, Cypress Crossing, Southwind (Arlington), and what I mentioned above are your newer options. Cypress Crossing & Southwind are the more diverse ones.
Really can't tell you much about Lake Ridge. All that I've heard is that it's deserve and wealthy which seems true when I look at the demographics. There are lots of new and newer homes along the Mansfield and Grand Prairie border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or