U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2020, 04:40 AM

12 posts, read 3,736 times

Advertisements

Things to do in Dallas/Fortworth with 8 year , 5 year and 3 year old kids for spring break ?

1.Places to stay , not the regular motel /hotel .. looking for some Variety place to stay ?
2.Places to eat ?
3.Activities for kids - 8yr,5yr & 3 yr
4.Any new attractions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2020, 05:45 AM

1,759 posts, read 1,009,426 times
I already asked you this but I will ask you this here too: How many adults will there be for kid wrangling?

Old 03-06-2020, 03:08 PM

12 posts, read 3,736 times
2 adults and 3 kids

Old 03-06-2020, 03:23 PM

2,044 posts, read 982,578 times
Great Wolf Lodge is worth a look. I don’t know how their rates are for Spring Break, but we stayed in late January for $120/night including full indoor water park access. Nice big slides and the rooms are comfy. I usually find at least one of the upscale hotels like the Aloft Downtown, the W, and some other boutique hotels have good rates on Hotels.com. The Adolphus is a gilded age looking place, and they have tea time!

Medieval Times is always a big hit. And the Dallas World Aquarium is decent too. Some here will also suggest the Perot Museum of Nature and Science, but here’s the thing: it’s pretty much always crowded and I always think it’s going to be better than it actually is. I find it way too easy to lose track of my kids.

For eating, it depends what you like. The Old Spaghetti Factory pleases my munchkins. It’s in an old brick warehouse, and you can request to be seated in the old rail car they have. Food is meh and you have to pay for parking. My wife and I being Californians, we always make a stop at In N Out Burger. Dallas being what it is, there’s just about any cuisine you could want, on just about any budget. Provided the weather plays along - it can be hit-or-miss this time of year - a picnic at Klyde Warren Park could be nice. And there are always a ton of little hole-in-the-wall taquerias serving anything from tacos to Pupusas, we usually have really good luck with them.

Old 03-06-2020, 07:14 PM

609 posts, read 838,059 times
The only Spaghetti Warehouse left in the area is behind The Parks mall in Arlington. It doesn’t have a tenth of the charm of the originals.

Old 03-06-2020, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303 View Post
The only Spaghetti Warehouse left in the area is behind The Parks mall in Arlington. It doesn’t have a tenth of the charm of the originals.
Oh, snap. You’re right. Never thought to look...Chuck that idea. :/

Old 03-07-2020, 10:44 AM

109 posts, read 59,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamakalas View Post
Things to do in Dallas/Fortworth with 8 year , 5 year and 3 year old kids for spring break ?

1.Places to stay , not the regular motel /hotel .. looking for some Variety place to stay ?
2.Places to eat ?
3.Activities for kids - 8yr,5yr & 3 yr
4.Any new attractions
Visit, Eat, & take the Train around the Fort Worth Zoo https://www.fortworthzoo.org/

If they are open visit the Log cabin Village https://www.logcabinvillage.org/

The Omni Hotel is across the road from the Water Gardens

That should eat up three or four days

Old 03-07-2020, 05:47 PM

1,759 posts, read 1,009,426 times
I've lived all over the Metroplex and was born in Dallas. I currently live in Fort Worth and have a 9 year-old and 13 year old. There are so many places I love in DFW but if you were visiting my family, this is where we'd take you.

Dallas:
Dallas Heritage Village
. It's a huge living history village just south of downtown and they're having all sorts of demonstrations this coming week.
Dallas World Aquarium. It's unlike any other aquarium you've been to. The centerpiece is a 3 story recreation of the South American rainforest. It's very unique and a lot of fun. Don't take a giant stroller though. If it's busy it's difficult to maneuver a big one through there.
Dallas Arboretum. Get tickets in advance for the Children's Adventure Garden.
Perot. I love the place but you will find it overwhelming to navigate with your kids. The place is like a maze and the sightlines are terrible. The area most suitable for your 3-year-old is tucked away in the basement so one of you might be stuck down there while the other parent is trying to keep track of the 5 year-old and 8 year-old. The place is terrible for cell signals so if y'all get separated you might have trouble tracking each other down. Love the place but anti-recommend it for logistical reasons.

Between Dallas and Fort Worth:
LegoLand Discovery Center in Grapevine. It's a lot of fun for kids your kids' ages. Skip the nearby aquarium because the Dallas World is much better.
River Legacy Park in North Arlington. It's a great place between Dallas and Fort Worth for you to stop and have the kids run and around and let off steam if they need to. There's miles of walking trails and an amazing playground. The park's nature center is having all sorts of programming during the week that's taught by certified naturalists.
AT&T Stadium tour: I'm not a fan of the Cowboys or pro football but if you are, the tour is supposed to be very impressive.

Fort Worth:
Stockyards. It's true Western heritage and lots of fun to explore with kids. Every day at 11:30 and 4:00 there's a cattle drive down the center of it.
Fort Worth Zoo. An award-winning zoo that has some incredible attractions. It's really popular and the parking is inadequate so you need to get there when it opens.
Fort Worth Museum of Science and History. It's not as big as the Perot in Dallas but it's better laid out for wrangling your kids and they will find plenty to do. There are a dino dig and a fun outdoor water play area. Your 3 and 5 year old kids will enjoy the children's museum area and your 8 year-old will enjoy the area full of hands-on science experiments and unique building and maker activities. There's also a planetarium and a domed IMAX theater which is a very different experience from a traditional movie theater. You might want to cover your 3 and 5 year olds' eyes during the opening when they show a helicopter fly over of Fort Worth. You feel like you're in the copter and my kids thought it was scary at that age.

Food: How adventurous are your kids?

Old 03-07-2020, 11:07 PM

109 posts, read 59,810 times
Along with LegoLand, add the Rain Forest Cafe in the Grapevine Outlet Mall for a rainy dull day

Old 03-07-2020, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiatrails View Post
Along with LegoLand, add the Rain Forest Cafe in the Grapevine Outlet Mall for a rainy dull day
I shoulda mentioned both of those! Good spots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or