U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2020, 09:55 PM

128 posts, read 62,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
I am not saying that Birdville ISD is better overall than Keller ISD. It is not. We are a Keller ISD family.

However, Birdville HS outranks Fossil Ridge HS. Fossil Ridge is the worst school / feeder zone in Keller ISD. The vast majority of homes in the OP's budget within Keller ISD (as provided in your link) are zoned to Fossil Ridge. If he can find one zoned to Timber Creek or to Central, fine.

How well your district scores doesn't matter if you have gangs and drugs in your own particular school. In this instance, Keller HS's numbers skew things for the district as a whole. Keller outperforms the other schools in the district in band, athletics, academics, and almost everything else.
Your response is opinion, mine differs, I try to help the OP, you are bloviating. BYE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2020, 10:24 PM

4,696 posts, read 3,740,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiatrails View Post
Your response is opinion, mine differs, I try to help the OP, you are bloviating. BYE

Anyone trying to help the OP would not recommend Fossil Ridge High School. I don't care what district it is in.

SAT scores:
Birdville HS 1113
Fossil Ridge 1090

Graduation on time:
Birdville 97.9 %
Fossil Ridge 92.7%

And it goes on from there.

It's a matter of record, not of opinion, and you insulting me doesn't make you right.

Old 03-20-2020, 10:44 PM

128 posts, read 62,944 times
Quote:
Anyone trying to help the OP would not recommend Fossil Ridge High School. I don't care what district it is in.

SAT scores:
Birdville HS 1113
Fossil Ridge 1090

Graduation on time:
Birdville 97.9 %
Fossil Ridge 92.7%

And it goes on from there.

It's a matter of record, not of opinion, and you insulting me doesn't make you right.
Bye Karen, I did not recommend any school

Old 03-22-2020, 12:49 AM

3,669 posts, read 2,116,395 times
For what it's worth, SAT averages, particularly when we're talking about small differences, are useless in these conversations. People love SAT scores because they are objective and easy to compare, but they do a poor job of measuring the education quality offered at the school.

I don't have a horse in this race, and I think all of the schools being discussed (Keller and Birdville) are good. But I do get frustrated with how frequently SAT scores are cited when talking about schools.

asiatrails, you should start acting like an adult.

Old 03-22-2020, 08:25 AM

1,782 posts, read 1,026,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiatrails View Post
Bye Karen, I did not recommend any school
How old are you? You sound like my teenager instead of a peer.

Old 03-22-2020, 11:27 AM

4,696 posts, read 3,740,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
For what it's worth, SAT averages, particularly when we're talking about small differences, are useless in these conversations. People love SAT scores because they are objective and easy to compare, but they do a poor job of measuring the education quality offered at the school.

I don't have a horse in this race, and I think all of the schools being discussed (Keller and Birdville) are good. But I do get frustrated with how frequently SAT scores are cited when talking about schools.
SAT scores are just one metric. They aren't the only example I included, and a quick google search would provide many more.

For clarity's sake, the question was Birdville HS vs. Fossil Ridge HS. Keller HS is a different level. Last I checked, there wasn't anything zoned to Keller HS in OP's price range.

I hear so many people IRL get confused between Keller ISD and Keller HS that I just wanted to clarify.

Last edited by calgirlinnc; 03-22-2020 at 11:46 AM..

Old 03-22-2020, 12:23 PM

3,669 posts, read 2,116,395 times
Quote:
SAT scores are just one metric. They aren't the only example I included, and a quick google search would provide many more.

For clarity's sake, the question was Birdville HS vs. Fossil Ridge HS. Keller HS is a different level. Last I checked, there wasn't anything zoned to Keller HS in OP's price range.

I hear so many people IRL get confused between Keller ISD and Keller HS that I just wanted to clarify.
I actually wasn't trying to just refute what you're saying. You very well may be right regarding the schools. I was just offering a general comment on a trend that I see a lot on this site (and the Dallas forum).

I agree regarding the variance within Keller ISD, and this is likely to get worse as the cheaper portions of Keller ISD age less gracefully.

Old Yesterday, 06:20 PM

183 posts, read 180,843 times
Sorry about the snobs and loudmouths, OP. There's a lot of that on the Dallas and Fort Worth forums for some reason. If you stick around, you'll learn which posters to just ignore.

Anyway --

I may have missed it, but haven't seen anyone recommend Southwest Arlington. It's a gem of an area, just a great place to live. We've lived here 15 years. Admittedly, it was a little boring when we were newlyweds, but 4 kids later it's fantastic.

Schools are good. Big trees. Wide streets. Great parks and libraries.

There are two areas I'd focus on:

1. North of Green Oaks, south of I-20, west of Bowen.
2. West of Bowen, north of I-20, south of Pioneer Parkway (highway 303).

A couple of examples:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-89320?view=qv

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-70686?view=qv

These are nice, well-maintained homes, good schools, right in that price range. These sell fast.

PM me if you'd like more info. I'm not an agent, just know the area really well.

Old Today, 09:48 AM

368 posts, read 198,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naterator View Post
Sorry about the snobs and loudmouths, OP. There's a lot of that on the Dallas and Fort Worth forums for some reason. If you stick around, you'll learn which posters to just ignore.

Anyway --

I may have missed it, but haven't seen anyone recommend Southwest Arlington. It's a gem of an area, just a great place to live. We've lived here 15 years. Admittedly, it was a little boring when we were newlyweds, but 4 kids later it's fantastic.

Schools are good. Big trees. Wide streets. Great parks and libraries.

There are two areas I'd focus on:

1. North of Green Oaks, south of I-20, west of Bowen.
2. West of Bowen, north of I-20, south of Pioneer Parkway (highway 303).

A couple of examples:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-89320?view=qv

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-70686?view=qv

These are nice, well-maintained homes, good schools, right in that price range. These sell fast.

PM me if you'd like more info. I'm not an agent, just know the area really well.
SW Arlington is indeed a very nice area and pretty much what OP is looking for, but at the same time so is the HEB area. I was actually looking at places near Dalworthington Gardens / Pantego / West Arlington and really liked the area unfortunately it was to far from work. General rules in Arlington are East of Cooper St is Meh, the area around UTA is also meh, North of I-30 is hit and miss and Martin HS is supposedly the best thing since sliced bread in the Arlington ISD or so I've heard plenty of times.

Old Today, 03:19 PM

6,216 posts, read 5,006,437 times
I suggest Midlothian. It meets your criteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or