U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 06:15 PM

10,331 posts, read 21,994,460 times

Advertisements

So sorry to hear this. ☹️
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2020, 09:47 AM

221 posts, read 207,102 times
I am really sorry.

Old 04-03-2020, 10:20 AM

12,395 posts, read 23,780,206 times
I’m so very sorry, @Loves2Read. Thinking about you and your family.

Old 04-03-2020, 10:48 AM

418 posts, read 436,353 times
Loves2Read - so sorry to hear about this

Old 04-03-2020, 12:34 PM

32,141 posts, read 50,397,585 times
He was diagnosed in November with stage 4 adenocarcinoma—from cholangiocarcinoma—cancer of bile ducts in liver
Spread outside to his lymph nodes and surrounding tissue at his celiac artery
Nothing to be done by time it was diagnosed
Tried for chemo but had too many liver abscesses initially
Had another one that caused last trip to hospital
Right now he is in HEB in hospice care —
Won’t have to move him to residential treatment from what the med staff says but that might depend on how long he can last at this level

He is on pain/anxiety meds—yesterday he was waking up some and knew us, that we were with him—he said he wanted to go home after they removed the ventilator so definitely conscious
but today only aware of things once or twice

The nurses and medical people at HEB have been really compassionate and treat our son with respect—
They talk to him when they come in the room and tell him what they are going to do vs just telling us
My husband didn’t bring all his meds with him so we don’t know if he leaves that he can come back in
Or if we can take staying here in shifts
The doctor we spoke to said it is mainly for OUR safety to keep us here minimal time

Old 04-03-2020, 08:01 PM

5,702 posts, read 4,193,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
He was diagnosed in November with stage 4 adenocarcinoma—from cholangiocarcinoma—cancer of bile ducts in liver
Spread outside to his lymph nodes and surrounding tissue at his celiac artery
Nothing to be done by time it was diagnosed
Tried for chemo but had too many liver abscesses initially
Had another one that caused last trip to hospital
Right now he is in HEB in hospice care —
Won’t have to move him to residential treatment from what the med staff says but that might depend on how long he can last at this level

He is on pain/anxiety meds—yesterday he was waking up some and knew us, that we were with him—he said he wanted to go home after they removed the ventilator so definitely conscious
but today only aware of things once or twice

The nurses and medical people at HEB have been really compassionate and treat our son with respect—
They talk to him when they come in the room and tell him what they are going to do vs just telling us
My husband didn’t bring all his meds with him so we don’t know if he leaves that he can come back in
Or if we can take staying here in shifts
The doctor we spoke to said it is mainly for OUR safety to keep us here minimal time
I wish I had words to help. I know I'm just a m stranger on a message board, but I hurt with you. I hope that the inevitable will be as peaceful as possible for your son.

I don't know how religious you are, but my husband's uncle recently passed after a long illness, and during his final days before he died, he repeatedly told his children that he saw an angel sitting in the hospital room with him.

May it be so for your son.

Old 04-04-2020, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
So very sorry. Did he get COVID or was it something else?

Whatever it is, I hope he can somehow pull through.
Cancer and complications

Old 04-05-2020, 09:46 AM

968 posts, read 1,063,891 times
I am so very sorry you and your family are going through this. There are no words.

Old 04-05-2020, 10:52 AM

He passed early this morning—very easy—no pain
His wife and I were with him.
The hospice we used at HEB was Community Hospice of Texas—has a residential facility on Summit in FTW but have arrangement with HEB and maybe other hospitals to transition patients with more serious medical issues into hospice care at hospital vs home or at their facility.
We were so favorably impress with the two representatives we met at HEB
They didn’t provide direct care but more supervision of the HEB medical staff but I found out that two friends had used Community when they needed hospice—one was at the Summit location and one was in home and the friend who told me said both received excellent care from compassionate people.

It is never easy saying goodbye to someone you love, but the aura of CoVid just twists anything in our lives now...

Old 04-05-2020, 05:20 PM

5,702 posts, read 4,193,174 times
So sorry for your loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth