U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 02:35 PM

626 posts, read 875,643 times

Advertisements

Don't worry about the race traffic. It's not a factor. And 2 hours each way seems pretty extreme, worst case scenario. I could see that happening on occasion, but I would be surprised if it were as often monthly.

Last edited by jbb303; 05-26-2020 at 02:43 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2020, 08:59 AM

167 posts, read 71,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
That's a good point that if you rely on I-35W for a daily commute, it will be twice as bad on Friday preceding the weekends when there is a race at the Texas Motor Speedway.

Yes, there are tolled express lanes on I-35W. I honestly can't say if they are crowded or not, but I can tell you they are expensive, as in over $5 a day for a round trip.
During rush hour/peak times the tolls on 35W would be more like $20 a day for a round trip, unless you have 2 or more people in the car with the HOV app/bluetooth device. Prices likely to go up once they get the new northern section completed

Old 05-27-2020, 09:04 AM
JJG

13,461 posts, read 20,172,421 times
*ahem*

Flower Mound to DFW Airport North Station to Downtown Ft. Worth... you know, if you don't want to drive, that is.

Old 06-10-2020, 07:47 PM

10 posts, read 3,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillip :) View Post
During rush hour/peak times the tolls on 35W would be more like $20 a day for a round trip, unless you have 2 or more people in the car with the HOV app/bluetooth device. Prices likely to go up once they get the new northern section completed
I have a DV plated car, would this toll be exempted?

Old 06-11-2020, 04:30 AM

10,323 posts, read 21,974,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonppan View Post
I have a DV plated car, would this toll be exempted?
As I understand it, the NTTA toll roads are free with DV plates. The managed toll lanes, which are run by another company, are not.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:31 AM

10,323 posts, read 21,974,387 times
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/tran...some-tollways/

The I35W and TX183 toll lanes are not free to DV tagged vehicles.

Old 06-11-2020, 02:36 PM

6,559 posts, read 5,377,853 times
Better for Fort Worth:

You may want to consider Aledo for schools. https://www.niche.com/k12/d/aledo-in...l-district-tx/

Also, all schools in the original Mansfield High School attendance zone are very good.

Elementary and middle schools in the (Arlington ISD) Martin High School attendance zone are good.

Old 06-16-2020, 10:57 PM

137 posts, read 77,711 times
We moved back and moved back into Keller ISD because of the high quality of schools. I worked in Arlington and the 22-mile commute took 50 minutes on a good day, 2 hours plus on a bad day. Going to downtown Fort Worth has a lot of options from the west side of Keller ISD and houses are well within your price point.

This post has been running for a while, if you try to commute from Flower Mound, may God have mercy on your soul because you will spend more time commuting than with your family.

My wife works in Flower Mound but she is going against the main traffic flow both ways so the commute is easy for her

Old 06-22-2020, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiatrails View Post
We moved back and moved back into Keller ISD because of the high quality of schools. I worked in Arlington and the 22-mile commute took 50 minutes on a good day, 2 hours plus on a bad day. Going to downtown Fort Worth has a lot of options from the west side of Keller ISD and houses are well within your price point.

This post has been running for a while, if you try to commute from Flower Mound, may God have mercy on your soul because you will spend more time commuting than with your family.

My wife works in Flower Mound but she is going against the main traffic flow both ways so the commute is easy for her
Thanks for the insight. I’m looking at colleyville and Keller. Flower mound is out.

Old 06-22-2020, 04:31 PM

I’m moving from Asia with foreign family. Is Keller a good location far as diversity? How about Colleyville? Not trying to be racial and dig into ethnicity but it’s important for me to ensure my family adapts well in the new location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or