U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2020, 08:26 PM

2 posts, read 813 times

Advertisements

Hi, we will be moving from out of state to work in Weatherford, but we first have to find a place to live nearby that has good schools, and is not too far of a drive to weather ford in busy work hours, possibly less than 35 minutes. We are considering Fort Worth, but also opened to other surrounding areas.
Our preference is great schools, Move in a town where the city is a safe place to live in(crime rate low), have a mall, or atleast walmart and not too small of a town.

We see Aledo having a good school district but not sure how the community is like.

Please share your experiences as to which area is a nice place to live in from Weatherford, having small children and have things to do in the town, that is not too far from the major big town either.
We are also considering newer rental homes so that is also a consideration to find nice newer rental homes.

All suggestions welcome, please share your thoughts.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2020, 04:48 AM

10,323 posts, read 21,976,744 times
Aledo definitely fits those requirements. It’s very popular with families because of the schools, and it’s an easy commute to either Weatherford or Fort Worth. Weatherford has plenty of shopping,and Aledo has the basics.

I can’t comment about the availability of rental homes, though.

Old 07-14-2020, 11:21 AM

154 posts, read 108,475 times
Having grown up in Aledo I can say that the school system is very well funded and the facilities are very nice. They win the state championship in football and baseball just about every year. I would caution you that their is a large amount of elitism in that community. You will be expected to live a certain way to fit in (nice cars, expensive clothes, vacations, social obligations, etc.). Rent houses may be hard to find at a decent price. It is a bedroom community, you will have to drive to Weatherford or Ft Worth for major shopping.

Brock and Peaster are more rural and farther out of town but growing rapidly. The school system is still small but very good. No shopping closeby you will have to drive into Weatherford for everything.

Weatherford has everything you need. Getting more bars,restaurants, and shopping all the time. Plenty of parks, two splash pads, Urban Air Park, Splash Kingdom water park, Putt Putt, Go carts coming soon. Downtown is going through a revitalization right now. There are plans to build a pedestrian friendly shopping area. I would call the schools very good, not excellent. Its a large district with many different levels wealth and poverty. Its also a lot more diverse. Plenty of rent houses also.

Old 07-19-2020, 09:03 PM

2 posts, read 813 times
Thank you for the replies. Very helpful.

Old 07-20-2020, 03:48 PM

67 posts, read 91,215 times
If you are going to work in Weatherford, why not live there rather than FW?

My wife and I moved to Weatherford from Houston when I retired a couple of years ago. It has a low crime rate, especially compared to Fort Worth and the traffic is MUCH less hectic in town. For us, it was the perfect spot to move to as we got the best of both worlds,... a more relaxed atmosphere and friendly people, plus big city shopping, museums, & medical centers that are only a 20 to 30 minute drive away. Weatherford has plenty of places to shop and two movie theaters but if you need greater variety, it's just a short trip down the interstate.

Fort Worth - I am originally from Fort Worth. Left there when I graduated from HS in '65. I still have relatives there but there is no way I would ever move back. Too much crime, insane drivers, etc. I don't have kids but if I did, FW is not the place I would want them to grow up in, but that's just my opinion.

Good luck with your search.

Old 07-21-2020, 08:11 PM

3,996 posts, read 2,280,414 times
We are in contract for a nice house in Weatherford, returning to TX from a brief stay in WA state. 29 days before we close on our home here...!

God it will be good to be home. Plan on unloading truck and self-quarentining for a couple of weeks.

So excited I can't sleep most nights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or