U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 10:49 PM

48 posts, read 33,543 times

Advertisements

It seems like Arlington crime is getting worse. Are people fleeing Arlington? Is Arlington Family friendly?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2020, 11:59 PM

21,575 posts, read 5,596,165 times
People have been fleeing Arlington for quite some time.Personally, I would of enjoyed growing up there going to Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor all the time but i hear it does not have the best quality of life with issues such as crime and schools.

Old 07-20-2020, 11:09 AM

2,181 posts, read 2,783,185 times
I agree with the post above.

Arlington’s glory days were over about 30 years ago. That’s when I’d say the town hit it’s peak. The schools were highly rated, the location was great and the north and south side of the town were rapidly developing. Unfortunately a lot of the apartments have not aged well and the schools began getting a huge amount of lower income students. People use to camp out all night just to get a transfer spot at a specific elementary school because the one they were zoned to was so bad, I’m sure some still do. I know Butler elementary use to be highly coveted back when I had family in Arlington.

They’ve done some work around downtown and UTA that’s good and there does seem to be a little development in that part of the town but it’s still completely underwhelming for such a big city. It’s sad they spent so much on those stadiums. The new ballpark is so ugly and a complete waste IMO. That money would have gone a long way in improving the infrastructure in central Arlington and they could have had a lot left over to help encourage more small businesses to move into the area.

There’s a nice development on the north side and it’s doing well largely because it’s not zoned to Arlington schools. The overall location is still ok and it’s super close to DFW if you need to be near an airport but there are better places to live close by.

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 07-20-2020 at 11:20 AM..

Old 07-20-2020, 11:28 AM

10,351 posts, read 22,026,587 times
Agree with the above.

That being said, the far south part of Arlington near Mansfield (which feeds into Martin HS) gets a lot of praise here.

Old 07-20-2020, 02:02 PM

Yeah I totally agree with what y’all have said. I’ve rented in Arlington for a while now. Now it’s time for me to purchase a home and was holding out for a few good neighborhoods in Arlington, but saw on the Arlington Crime Facebook that crime has entered those neighborhoods and so there for I’m out.

Seems like the little safe havens are being sucked in with all the crime and it just doesn’t make sense to stay. Like the other person said it makes me angry that Arlington wasted money on sports stadiums instead of infrastructure and schools. Can only imagine how much worse everything will look in the future. Which is a shame because Arlington is the perfect location.

Old 07-23-2020, 02:58 PM

222 posts, read 207,950 times
Like all major cities, Arlington has good parts and bad parts. I've lived in Southwest Arlington for 15 years, and it's a good place to call home.

Old 07-23-2020, 04:37 PM

4,024 posts, read 2,293,274 times
We are moving to Weatherford next month. Fort Worth is just as bad as Arlington IMHO. Divorcing, but will still have visitation rights.

Old 07-23-2020, 06:11 PM

4,534 posts, read 7,663,105 times
Oh gawd. You talk about an over-exaggeration.

Old 07-23-2020, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exult.Q36 View Post
Oh gawd. You talk about an over-exaggeration.
I know Arlington has good parts, but as far as feeling safe in the majority of Arlington not so much. Another thing that’s so annoying is the shopping is so spread out. I feel like I have to go all over Arlington for different things. Does anyone else have this problem?

Or maybe I just got tired of feeling unsafe in the majority of the areas where the shopping is. You go to other cities and they have a strip with all the basic shopping needs and everything is clean and nice and the employees have better attitudes. (This is a generalization.) I’m not an ageist, but the amount of really old people in Arlington is super annoying in certain areas because they are grumpy and pushy in the grocery stores.

I also wonder how the rich people feel about their shopping options with all the really old infrastructure and unsafe areas. I would be pissed living in a upscale neighborhood and once I left it everything else was trash and all the crime that’s not far from their homes? Sorry so honest... this is coming from someone who has lived in Arlington for years and has been fighting for the underdog. I still like Arlington, but I don’t know if it’s best for family life and safety?

Old 07-26-2020, 09:54 AM

936 posts, read 1,353,118 times
I moved to Arlington to be closer to my work in the Fort Worth side of the metro. I sold my house and I'm in the process of buying a house in Plano. Shootings seem to be a daily occurrence in the city and the crime rate is much higher than even places like Garland and Mesquite where people stick up their nose at. Arlington has much potential due to its location, but the city needs alot of work, imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or