U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2020, 02:54 PM

6 posts, read 148 times

Advertisements

Hello I am new here and im sure this question has already been asked so I apologize for asking again but would be so appreciative if yall could give me some suggestions. My family will be moving from a small west Texas town to the fort worth/dallas area in about a year. So this gives me a little but of time to research. Were wondering if yall coukd give us suggestions on good suburbs with lots of kids. I grew up playing outside all the time with kids but we don't have that kind of kid interaction here anymore. I want my boys to grow up in a neighborhood with lots of family and kids and lots of outdoor activities nearby. Ive heard keller/grapevine/plano are some good areas. We
obviously want somewhere thats low in crime and has some good schools for the kids. Any suggestions? My husband is a vascular sonographer so he also wants to find some good hospitals/clinics to work at and that will determine where we will live as well. I apprecaite any advice. Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2020, 03:39 PM

10,340 posts, read 22,006,346 times
What’s your budget for housing?

Your husband needs to find a job before you decide where to live. The DFW area is HUGE, and commutes here can be really long if you live too far away from where you work. Fortunately, there are lots of good neighborhoods in all corners of the metroplex. Once he knows where he will be working, then you can narrow down where you want to live.

Old 10-03-2020, 09:34 PM

6 posts, read 148 times
Thank you for writing back. He hasn't looked yet but he would rather work in a clinic than a hospital. Hes been looking at groups like Texas Health and JPS. It looks like those are in many of the areas of the Fort Worth/Dallas area so if we had a few options on where we wanted to live then he would prob apply to clinics in those areas. As far as budget im not sure what he wants to spend but im thinking under 300k. The reason we're moving to the city is so I can find work too with my degree so if I get a job and can help him then our budget will be higher. We just have to wait and see what happens

Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM

Texas Health, Methodist, Medical City Healthcare, and Baylor Scott & White are the big health systems here. JPS is the Tarrant County hospital, and Parkland is the Dallas County hospital.

Old Yesterday, 04:40 PM

4,008 posts, read 2,287,966 times
I love Weatherford. LOVE it here!

Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM

6 posts, read 148 times
Thank you everyone. How about Saginaw? Is that a good place? I've seen in the Bar C Ranch area there is a lot more newer houses under 300k. They look more in our budget

Old Today, 04:41 AM

Do a search here about Saginaw. There are reasons it is cheap: schools are not good, and there is no hospital nearby.

In the under $300k price range, you’ll do better to buy an existing home than to try and find new construction. Also, new construction will be out on the edge of the metroplex since that is where there is available land. This will likely make for a very long commute for your husband.

Old Today, 07:19 AM

970 posts, read 1,064,435 times
I have to disagree about Eagle Mountain/Saginaw ISD. I grew up there, my folks still live out there, and many classmates have returned to the area to raise their families. The school board and administration has always been good, many long term teachers on staff at the schools. Check out zip code 76179 specifically schools zoned to Wayside Middle/ Boswell High. Several Elementary schools feed to that Middle School including Eagle Mountain Elementary and Lake Pointe Elementary. Creekview is another good middle school that feeds to Boswell if I remember correctly.

Old Today, 07:54 AM

6 posts, read 148 times
Thank you both for your opinions. Helps out a lot. There is an offer for his job for the Texas health consultants in cardiology in Bedford that he's going to look into so if he gets that then we will be in that area. I like that its close to colleyville because that is where my brother is but we can't afford that area. So if thats where he gets his job then we will obviously look around that area for places with low crime and lots of families

Old Today, 10:49 AM

Any community in NE Tarrant County will have lots of families. Both the HEB ISD and GCISD are very well-regarded school districts that draw families to live there. All of NE Tarrant is low-crime, too. In your price range, you can easily find existing houses in both Bedford and Euless, both of which will be close to Colleyville. (Unfortunately, new construction in these areas will be beyond your price range.) You might also consider renting for a year so you can get used to the area, and as you said, once you find a job, you may be able to increase your budget.

I would caution you to not attempt to have your husband commute from Saginaw to Texas Health HEB in Bedford every day. That stretch of 820 from I-35W to 121 is some of the most congested highway in the entire DFW metroplex. The only way around it is the TeXpress lanes, which are $12 round trip. (My husband makes this commute 2 days a week in off-peak hours.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or