U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 10:30 AM

14 posts, read 1,090 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I wrote a thread a few days ago looking for the beat hospitals for my husband to work at. Lots of you suggested Texas Health, JPS, Methodist, and Medical City. My question now is can yall tell me which of those hospitals has the most clinics? My husband is an employee for Shannon Medical here in san angelo and works at the shannon clinic. Its our biggest hospital with clinics all over our city. My husband prefers to work at a clinic rather than hospital so he wanted to find a hospital system in the Fort Worth (or Dallas is they have more options) that has their own clinics all over the metroplex. That gives him many options to look and find one that is hiring for his position. Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2020, 11:00 AM

10,348 posts, read 22,020,792 times
All of the major hospitals have their own health systems and clinics, but the public hospitals (Parkland and JPS) have the most. A close second will be Texas Health and Baylor Scott & White. Methodist and Medical City have a smaller clinic network.

My husband and I graduated from ASU! Go Rams!

Old 10-07-2020, 12:47 PM

Thank you so much! My husband is putting in an application for Baylor Scott and White in Plano. Ill tell him to look at the others too. What a small world! How are yall liking it in the city compared to San angelo?

Old 10-07-2020, 02:19 PM

Thank you so much! My husband is putting in an application for Baylor Scott and White in Plano. Ill tell him to look at the others too. What a small world! How are yall liking it in the city compared to San angelo?

Old 10-07-2020, 07:39 PM

We’ve been here since 1997. I grew up in DFW so I was eager to come back for the better job opportunities here. We do miss the wide open spaces and quiet of West Texas, and we go back every chance we get. (His family is from Del Rio.)

Old 10-07-2020, 08:48 PM

Thats great. Ive been ready to get out of here for years. My husband loves it here so I feel a little bad making us up and move but I cant find any work here with my degree but there are so many opportunities in DFW. And him being in the medical field he can find a job anywhere. Plus our family is all there. So it just makes sense

Old Yesterday, 06:34 AM

1,936 posts, read 1,170,537 times
If he has pediatric experience then Cook Childrens might be a good choice. They have lots of locations.

Old Yesterday, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
If he has pediatric experience then Cook Childrens might be a good choice. They have lots of locations.
Good point! If he has peds certifications, the doors will swing open at either Cook or Dallas Children's.

I had the same issue in SA: I could not find work with my degree. That was why we left, too.

Old Yesterday, 08:45 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. He doesn't have pediatric experience but I don't know i guess it couldn't hurt to apply. They might train in the areas he is not familiar with

And yes thats why I hate it here. Plus I have 2 boys now and there really is nothing kid friendly here anymore. They took away all the fun stuff that was here when I was a kid. But im ready for a fresh start.

Old Today, 06:52 AM

1,936 posts, read 1,170,537 times
There's tons of stuff here for kids. A lot of it is shut down during COVID. I have 2 kids and we have so much we can do that we sometimes have trouble deciding. This weekend we're doing an outdoor escape room type adventure and next weekend we are considering going to Mainstay Farms and the American Airlines Center for the drive thru Halloween event.

Normally, around this time we spend a weekend at the Camp El Tesoro fall family camp, go to a TCU football game, attend the River Legacy Halloween event, go to Mainstay Farm and visit the farmer's market several times. That list doesn't include school events and activities with friends. Usually our calendar is overloaded and we have to pick and choose what to do because there's too many choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or