Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2008, 09:48 PM

2 posts, read 10,539 times

Advertisements

I am going to be in this part of Haltom City for the summer, and don't know anything about it. Is this in a good part of town, anything to do there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 10:19 PM

119 posts, read 511,667 times
well, not really. but you do have downtown fort worth nearby. it's only 10 minutes i believe from there with no traffic. other than that, it's an ok area. are you staying at the value place? nice place by the way. not much around you but open land, an acura dealer, apartment complex (or two), and fast food joints. good luck and have fun.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:51 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,873,172 times
Haltom City does look rather shady. The good of that area is north of Loop 820 (H-B-E cities). But like rcrdoeva said, at least HC is close to downtown FW (and thus Sundance Square), which has a lot of stuff to do.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:54 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,838,591 times
yea, i agree Haltom isn't that nice. just north of 820 is fossil creek and they have some apts etc... Resturants etc... by Western center blvd.
Also a close place to look would be off of Hertitage Trace PKY.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:04 PM

20 posts, read 70,370 times
Default busy

i stayed at the value place there about a month ago. the traffic closest to the 377 exit was always backed up mainly at lunch and the obviously rush hour, but sometime backed up for no apparent reason. and the value place hotel uh yeah, its good for the money i guess, but make sure if you need something from the staff that you ask for it before 6pm otherwise your on your own , i asked for a pillow as my daughter had an accident on it and they told me no it was like 7pm not as if it was really late or anything. and i was on the 4th floor and it smelt so bad of weed especially weekends and the rooms themselves had a stale odor that no amount of air freshener would remove
and be careful of your cars mine got door jammed 3 times while parked there we were there 3 weeks, to some people door jam marks arent anything big but i take pride that my car is, or was in top condition.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:59 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,790,505 times
It's not the nicest area; I tend to avoid HC. I hate to present a less than positive picture of an area, but it reminds me of far west Fort Worth, West of 377. Kind of a decaying area. Actual crime in the area isn't terribly high, but the overall look and feel of Haltom City just isn't there, for me at least.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:52 PM

3 posts, read 11,344 times
Wow. Im sorry to say that outward appearances of Haltom City is glum. I live here in HC in the south side and when I say I live in South Haltom, people say "Oh" and look away in shame. I live here and work here. It has a transient area which is 121 and Haltom then 377 and 820. Its actually a pretty nice place to live, they just need leadership and to stop concentrating efforts only in the North. Unfortunately it is the oldest (older than Fort Worth actually) area in tarrant county and many of the seniors that own the older homes are dying or having to move away and families are selling dirt cheap or renting, which causes further issues. My kids go to the elementary and the teachers are comparable to anywhere in the district. Parent participation is another story and we do have a huge surplus of illegal aliens which doesnt help matters when trying to improve the area. I still love the city and know one day we will have the right people in the right place to see the citizens have a more modern feel but the cops and fire departments are state of the art, we actually received one of the first 2010 camaro police cars. Taxes are too low but the city trying not to take on a Southlake mentality and HC is a place where everyone knows eachother for the most part. I still love HC, except for the gas wells populating the town.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:55 PM

3 posts, read 11,344 times
We are alot like White Settlement and Sansom Park but I can remember when Lake Worth and Azle were like that but look at them now. All I can do is do my part in the city and hope for the best. We have so much to offer with our location, history and true community spirit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth